Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master Provisioner Writs Odds?

alsonotan0rc
alsonotan0rc
✭✭✭
Has anybody gotten a master provisioner writ yet? If yes, how accomplished is your provisioner?

I have yet to receive a master provisioner writ. I know every recipe (with the exception of the vanishingly rare mythic ambrosia), including festival and DLC recipes, in the game, have all the provisioning achievements, and many many general crafting achievements. Is it worth being a master crafter in a given discipline if it doesn't noticeably raise your chances of getting a master writ? I would appreciate if you all could let me know your experiences on the subject. Are a lot of you finding the same thing, or does RNG just hate me?
  • socionerdb14_ESO
    socionerdb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't seen any either.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know a whole lot but probably not all recipes and no Writ yet. I hit on an Alchemy writ where I'm maxxed. I got a Blacksmithing where I have unknown motifs. Just a huge RNG grind imo.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have got few of them but they are bugged. Previous update changed max level provisioning writs so that they request either cp50 or cp150 food. You can't get master writs from cp50 quests, only from cp150 ones. The effective droprate of provisioning MWs is very, very low.

The bug was reported to ZOS in PTS but the didn't care to fix it.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received 1 Master Prov Writ out of 20 regular Prov writs done on my max provisioners so far, about what would be expected considering about half of those asked me to make the CP 50 recipes which won't give the master writs.

As others said, One Tamriel messed up the the max prov writs to require either CP 50 or CP 150 recipes so essentially the chances of getting a Master Prov writ is half all the other crafts.
    Edited by BergisMacBride on February 12, 2017 3:11PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have two max level provisioners and neither one has received a master writ so far.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 master provisioners that have learned from 70-90% of available recipes. In total they have completed 30 writs and received 1 master writ (worth 2 vouchers).
    Provisioning definitely seems lean with regard to master writs dropping.