The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: February 10 @ 3:00pm EST"

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume that the "because reasons" was about the two streamers who were on the show.

You're very forgiving ZOS... inviting them to a brainstorming/testing session because of their deep knowledge of the game is one thing, but letting them on ESO Live when they have specialized in constant ZOS-bashing on their streams ? Seeing them repeating how everything had been just "awesome" was both funny and cringeworthy. And they didn't have much else to say anyway due NDA... so they sticked to "everything at ZOS is awesome" ... Lol :D

That being said, the part with the two content artists was truly awesome. That's the type of "behind the scenes" that I love, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. These guys know what they're talking about, and they talk about it in a passionate, insightful and interesting way. More of those in upcoming ESO Live please !! :)

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information on popular items and houses, was awesome.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    That being said, the part with the two content artists was truly awesome. That's the type of "behind the scenes" that I love, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. These guys know what they're talking about, and they talk about it in a passionate, insightful and interesting way. More of those in upcoming ESO Live please !! :)

I would also really like to see these guys again! Really interesting stuff. They make the ESO world feel much more alive with their work.
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    So, I just watched the vod of the show and heard the question about existing characters sort of going through the new tutorial but not really, which is fine. However it made me wonder how it will work the other way around, with characters created for Morrowind, that go through that content first, then want to do the original story

Presumably they will have to go through the original tutorial section, waking up in Coldharbor without a soul after being killed and escaping, because otherwise a huge amount of the original content won't make any sense. What concerns me is how it will get to that point with a character that could well already be max level before starting.

There's an opportunity for this to work out in a really interesting way, with players already getting to know their characters before they are killed, rather than that being the starting point. The way in which you are captured and sacrificed however has to make sense, perhaps with a new lead-in quest that will tell the story of your death.

If they haven't taken steps to make sure the transition is smooth, and it just abruptly starts you in the Wailing Prison when you choose to do the old content or worse, skips that whole tutorial section and just puts you at the starter island, it's going to be very disappointing, and jarring. As well, of course, as making the story incomprehensible.

Well, fingers crossed it's done right. Come to think of it, how are they going to explain your ability to resurrect before you've been killed and had your soul stolen, becoming a 'Vestige?' Damnit, now I'm going to be worried about that too ;)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)