Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do Non-Woodworking Motif Pages Affect Woodworker Master Writ Drop Chance?

alsonotan0rc
alsonotan0rc
✭✭✭
Does anybody know if non-applicable known motif pages count towards a given discipline's master writ drop chance? I know pretty much every bow, stave, and shield motif in the game on my 9-trait master woodworker who has completed all woodworking and many general crafting achievements (and still gotten no woodworker master writs, btw). But no metal or cloth pages, since woodworking doesn't use them.

Will this count against this character's chance to get woodworker master writs when I turn in woodworker writs with him? Same situation for my clothier, since he only knows clothing motif pages. It seems kind of silly that it would hurt their chances, since they are master crafters in their disciplines. But I don't always see eye to eye with the game. If you have information on this, please let me know! Thanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woodworking has the same requirements as Blacksmithing and Clothing ... which is a check of your motif knowledge (common to all three crafting skills) and a check of your trait knowledge (which is separate for each craft).

Those are the two items that can positively affect the master writ drops the most. I have heard achievements are also a factor ... but have not heard confirmation of that from ZOS.

Don't forget, however, it's only a factor ... there's still RNG involved with the actual master writ drop.

You can be researched all nine (9) traits and have all the motifs and still strike out because of RNG.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 11, 2017 10:02AM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think random drop even if u have every styles (including only in Crown-store sellin like Harlequin) with ofc all traits and ahiecements is pretty disrespectfull to player, who spent a huge amount of time and resourses to learn them all including ugly looking parts. Its more than enouch that number of vouchers on writ is random in such case
    Edited by Anethum on February 11, 2017 5:07PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Deltia said that he has gotten a master writ on a toon that just had the 10 skill points into the skill with no traits or motifs on it. So it really is just an RNG.