Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are gold tempers dropping more often from writs now?

jarydf
jarydf
✭✭✭✭
Is anyone else "feeling" a bump up in gold temper drop rates from writs?

Could the silver lining of furniture crafting be a reduction in the price of gold tempers in the future?
Edited by jarydf on February 7, 2017 8:28PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your just on the Flow part of the Ebb and Flow of RNG.

Of course, you just jynxed it by posting this thread, so expect your rate to plummet.

Remember, what happens in the Writ Reward Stays in the Writ Reward. Do not risk the ire of the RNG Goddess by talking about it for her wrath is abundant and her memory is long and she holds grudges.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• jarydf
    jarydf
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL - The first rule of Writ Club is: you do not talk about Writ Club.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarydf wrote: »
    Is anyone else "feeling" a bump up in gold temper drop rates from writs?

Could the silver lining of furniture crafting be a reduction in the price of gold tempers in the future?

I've been doing daily writs for a while. Today I ended up with four gold mats...first thought I had was they bumped up the rate, or it's just the RNG.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not noticed an increase....but the RNG has been really funky towards me recently.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was late to the writ club meeting, what we the first rule again?
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You beat me to it...I love you for it though. :)
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got 3 gold tempers from 172 rubedite ore today when usually get none.

Secret buff? :o
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does feel like they buffed the drop rate. But they also boosted the amount of materials dropped from surveys, which is really nice.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, the drop rate of gold mats from writs seems to have dropped a lot since I last did them a while ago (pre update 11). The drop rate of survey maps has also been reduced - I'm getting very few of those.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well i got total of six golden in two days.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know about the temper rate comparison because I wasn't doing writs right before the patch but I seem to be receiving a gold temper fairly regularly (though it will probably dry up since I said that). I only received one survey this week so far doing writs on 3 characters, which seems low compared to months ago.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My instinct is that yes they are. I am so focused on master writs, that the gold mats seem like and afterthought, but I do think I am seeing more drop. Hard to be sure as its only been a few days, but Mat prices are down across the board. They have to be coming from somewhere.
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've been getting really good luck with these lately. But my luck was good since before homestead, so I think it's probably just me. I've gotten at least one gold per day (across 5 total writs on three characters not including provisioning and alchemy), mostly Kutas but a fair number of tempers as well. This seems a lot higher than the drop rate I was getting back in November, where I was happy to get one gold per week. I also feel like I've been getting good stuff from the hireling more often, but it's still rare enough that it might just be luck.

Yesterday was the best day, of course. Three master writs, three yellows, and a psijic ambrosia fragment. That was a lot of gold. I think I've burnt out all my luck for the next month, though!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today, I finally had my first "o-fer" ... zero writs on 18 max writ turn-ins.

Before today, however, I was running well ... averaging about two (2) master writs per day.
  • QahnaarinDynar
    QahnaarinDynar
    ✭✭✭
    5 tempering alloys from a sample of 120 rubedite ore. 4 waxes from a sample of 100 rubedo leathers. then the next sample I tired gave me like 1 each. Make of it what you will.
    Guildmaster of Amaraldane Arpen Nenalata

PC/NA - Trueflame

One zerg to rule them all, one zerg to find them. One zerg to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it has been raining legendary mats for me the past few days.
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on February 11, 2017 2:22AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 without homestead 3 characters equipment only today 2 temps 2 rosins 1 wax