Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Frost tanking Q

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey

Can someone enlighten a total noob to tanking on how frost tanking would work?
Would I still need the undaunted taunt?
How would a "rotation" go for a mag blade?

I imagine spamming heavies left and right and gather mobs in a snipstorm of path and sap... maybe wall of elements? Do I veil or tether?

Do I wear tanking sets (block reduction) or damage gear (more aggro from cold damage)?

Basically any facts, thoughts, and feels about this are very welcome. Thank you!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't rely too much on the frost staff heavy attack for taunting, as it takes a while to cast, effectively reducing the amount of enemies you can taunt in succession, and you can't block while you're doing it. I haven't tanked on my Nightblade in forever, but I would at least start off by trying a regular tank build, and just throwing in a frost staff on the back bar so I can juggle my resources and see how that plays out first.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah until we get more information about Morrowind and the skills from Warden it's hard to say what we are going to want skillwise and gear setup.
  • Reefo
    Reefo
    ✭✭✭
    why would you want to have you magicka recovery disabled on a nightblade sap tank?

sap essence spam = heal everyone + restore magicka and stamina with siphoning attacks. not to mention the other stuff.

would be nice on a light armor shield stacking sorc tank - very doable

or

run a hybrid build - block with sword and board + spam magicka heals
    block with ice staff + spam stamina heals
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started trying this last night on my Nightblade tank.

O. M. G. This is SOOOO much fun.

I was honestly thinking it would be very "*** tanky", but it's entirely effective. I've only run dungeons (no trials), but this is FUN.

Great job giving another option ZOS. TWO THUMBS UP!!!

B)<3B)