Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master crafting writs requirements for blacksmithing/ Tradeskill mastery

HEMNX
HEMNX
Im level 50 blacksmithing, almost maxed out all traits 8/9 on weapons, clothes, and woodworking.
So my traits are almost done.

My question is; which more motifs are needed to accomplish the "tradeskill mastery" ?°°°
(Except the ones described in the patch notes beneath, )
This to increase the master writ droprate from normal daily writs.

Patch notes says:

"Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.
For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research.
This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races.
It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial."

Edited by HEMNX on February 9, 2017 8:08PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, as the tip says, you need to know the Purple Ones.

And I imagine, have 7 to 9 traits known on all items. I would hope for 6 as that can be achieved in a couple of months on all items, but I dont' think that is the case. Irks me as early last year I debated with myself about having more 9/9 crafters and I though, nah, how many fully traited crafters do I need?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HEMNX
    HEMNX
    Nestor wrote: »
    Basically, as the tip says, you need to know the Purple Ones.

And I imagine, have 7 to 9 traits known on all items. I would hope for 6 as that can be achieved in a couple of months on all items, but I dont' think that is the case. Irks me as early last year I debated with myself about having more 9/9 crafters and I though, nah, how many fully traited crafters do I need?

So this means all the purple (blacksmith/cloth/wood) motifs that exist in Eso? None of the green or blue ones?
    Do you know what the master writ droprate from normal daily writs are, this if you maxed out traits and the motif knowledge (Tradeskill mastery). Like 1 on 10 blacksmithing daily writs.
    I don't mean the droprate from bosses.

Thanks in advance.