The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Furniture Merchants and Where to Find Them

Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
I think I have just about figured out the rhyme and reason of the various furniture merchants. So here goes...

-Each zone seems to have a general home goods merchant
-Each zone seems to have an achievement furnisher with furniture unique to the race represented in that zone/the questline which took place there
-Each zone's general home furnisher also seems to sell foliage and garden items which are representative of the climate of the zone in which the furnisher is
-Each alliance capital seems to have the same achievement furnisher who's furniture is gated by completion of the main quest
-Cyrodiil has a furnisher who sells furniture which is unlocked through PvP, naturally

I don't know if this is a comprehensive list, and I don't know if all of what I just said is super obvious and everyone already knew about it, but as someone who wandered around for a while trying to find out where to buy what furniture, I hope that this list will help someone sharing my struggle.

(If I've missed anything, or if there is already a resource available for locating a specific piece of furniture, please let me know! Thanks!)
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The inconsistency of how the vendors are shown on the map can be a little frustrating. Some maps will show a specific marker for them that looks kind of like a chair. Some maps just have them listed in with the normal merchant symbol even if they are located half a town away from where that symbol is(Rawl for instance). Some of them are located in Inns so they will be under that icon. Most of them have a sign/tapestry/flag/whatever that help you to notice them as well, but again not all do(Rawl again).

I've been using UESP's furnishings page to help find specific items that I saw but couldn't remember where at.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [edit]

I've reposted my comment elsewhere as it seems to be something's bugged.
    Edited by KerinKor on February 11, 2017 11:35AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was more vexed at finding the furniture vendors do not sell much of the good stuff... and all I wanted was buy a nice bed for my new home! Oh, well...
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    The inconsistency of how the vendors are shown on the map can be a little frustrating. Some maps will show a specific marker for them that looks kind of like a chair. Some maps just have them listed in with the normal merchant symbol even if they are located half a town away from where that symbol is(Rawl for instance). Some of them are located in Inns so they will be under that icon. Most of them have a sign/tapestry/flag/whatever that help you to notice them as well, but again not all do(Rawl again).

I've been using UESP's furnishings page to help find specific items that I saw but couldn't remember where at.
    Thank you! I was looking for that. This list is so helpful to me ^^

Edit: I noticed there's a few trees being sold at Redfur Trading (Grahtwood) which aren't listed for that merchant on the site yet:

Saplings, Juniper Cluster - 100 gold
    Tree, Ancient Banyan - 25,000 gold
    Tree, Giant Cypress - 5,000 gold
    Tree, Towering Cypress - 5,000 gold
    Tree, Towering Palm Cluster - 100 gold
    Trees, Mossy Murkmire Cluster - 250 gold

Also, most of the gold prices seem to be from the second week of PTS so they are far too low for rare trees (Twisted Banyan is listed for 360 gold, for example, but actually costs 25,000 gold now). But still, a very helpful site!
    Edited by GaldorP on February 11, 2017 5:19PM