Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Game got harder for some reason

JustPressingButtons
hey got a problem here. I just finish main quest. But every quest i do now is super hard, feels like im getting one shotted on some of them and im only level 27. Tips or anything on what to do? thanks
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you upgraded your gear to Level 27?
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JustPressingButtons
    i have 2 sets, one with level 10 - 12 with training experience points when i make a kill and if things get hard i have a set at my level. But switch to level 27 gear still didnt help much. The last quest i did that i gave up on was the veil falls and a dungeon quest called One of the Damned. But there were others that i did before that was just hard. If things get harder i always switch to updated set.
  • JustPressingButtons
    Have you upgraded your gear to Level 27?

i have 2 sets, one with level 10 - 12 with training experience points when i make a kill and if things get hard i have a set at my level. But switch to level 27 gear still didnt help much. The last quest i did that i gave up on was the veil falls and a dungeon quest called One of the Damned. But there were others that i did before that was just hard. If things get harder i always switch to updated set.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • JustPressingButtons
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Actually read through it all. Still no of help. Tried with sword and shield/dual wield and two handed sword with some bow and arrow range attacks, i still block or move away from some of their attacks but they still take half my heath even when im blocking their attack. Still being one shotted or two shotted.Kinda hard when theirs like at least 3 to 4 attacking you at same time. Is this is where i should just start joining up in a group? Been like this for the last four different quest im doing.
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like you haven't decided what kind of character you wanna play.. are you making a dps, a healer, a tank.. when you decide get set gear crafted from friendly guildmates... like hundings rage for stam dps, etc etc.. an then try to cover all your bases for a battle, a way to buff, a way to heal, a range or distance closing attack, an area effect attack etc etc. what kind character are you on, sorc, templar, dk, nb?.. an what system an server
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm, I didn't find any quest with that name. Could it be called "one of the undaunted?" If so, it's a quest that is tailored to be done by a group of 4 players and obviously you should have a hard time fighting those enemies alone.
  • JustPressingButtons
    Jadednatas wrote: »
    It sounds like you haven't decided what kind of character you wanna play.. are you making a dps, a healer, a tank.. when you decide get set gear crafted from friendly guildmates... like hundings rage for stam dps, etc etc.. an then try to cover all your bases for a battle, a way to buff, a way to heal, a range or distance closing attack, an area effect attack etc etc. what kind character are you on, sorc, templar, dk, nb?.. an what system an server

Level 28 Khajiit DragonKnight stamina dps, main is dual wielding back up main is bow and arrow for range. I probably don't have the best gear too, but its all i got to go with for now.
    attributes
    mag - 9 max mag - 17359 mag recovery - 1036
    health - 8 max hlth - 16741 health rec - 717
    stam - 17 max stam - 14001 stam - 736

spell dmg - 1767 weapon dmg - 1622
    spell crit - 10% weapon crit - 12%

spell resise - 14138 phy resis - 14138
    crit resis - 0

skills bar main
    rending slash/molten armaments/obsidian shield/coagulating blood/spiked armor = ultimate - standard of might
    passives
    comb2/warmth1/iron skin1/burningheart1/elderdragon1/battle roar1/mountain blessing1
    med armor
    windwalker2/improved snk1
    khajiit skill
    nimble2/stealthy2/carnage1

i would put up the bow but i don't use it that much unless i have to. plus i tried but once i shoot the first range attack the boss and his pack of buddies start comming to me, relentlessly chasing me down and i still cant get away without dying because one or two of them are attacking me with some rang attack

• JustPressingButtons

Level 28 Khajiit DragonKnight stamina dps, main is dual wielding back up main is bow and arrow for range. I probably don't have the best gear too, but its all i got to go with for now.
    attributes
    mag - 9 max mag - 17359 mag recovery - 1036
    health - 8 max hlth - 16741 health rec - 717
    stam - 17 max stam - 14001 stam - 736

spell dmg - 1767 weapon dmg - 1622
    spell crit - 10% weapon crit - 12%

spell resise - 14138 phy resis - 14138
    crit resis - 0

skills bar main
    rending slash/molten armaments/obsidian shield/coagulating blood/spiked armor = ultimate - standard of might
    passives
    comb2/warmth1/iron skin1/burningheart1/elderdragon1/battle roar1/mountain blessing1
    med armor
    windwalker2/improved snk1
    khajiit skill
    nimble2/stealthy2/carnage1

i would put up the bow but i don't use it that much unless i have to. plus i tried but once i shoot the first range attack the boss and his pack of buddies start comming to me, relentlessly chasing me down and i still cant get away without dying because one or two of them are attacking me with some rang attack

also im on xbox on Na server
  • JustPressingButtons
    Hm, I didn't find any quest with that name. Could it be called "one of the undaunted?" If so, it's a quest that is tailored to be done by a group of 4 players and obviously you should have a hard time fighting those enemies alone.

okay so stay away from dungeons, dungeons only for group. i only did it because it was a quest, i've been doing everything solo so far.
    Edited by JustPressingButtons on February 10, 2017 6:59AM
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    put all points into stam that way you get the most damage. when skills are able to be morphed, pick the morph that uses stam or physical damage. (basically anything that doesn't say fire or magic damage ) also at that level you prob dont have very good self heals so you should make a friend thats close to the same level and quest with them.

make sure you get mages and fighters guild unlocked as well as save for a mount and try to feed it everyday. speed first
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    As the guy above me points out.. skill points more into stamina helps some, and here is some good news, I am also on xbox na-- so i will make you a set of hundings and nightmother to run with. It's not by any means needed, but it makes the game flow a lot easier. What is your gamertag- jadednatas here if ya wanna add me. I get on around 8-8:30a est.
  • JustPressingButtons
    As the guy above me points out.. skill points more into stamina helps some, and here is some good news, I am also on xbox na-- so i will make you a set of hundings and nightmother to run with. It's not by any means needed, but it makes the game flow a lot easier. What is your gamertag- jadednatas here if ya wanna add me. I get on around 8-8:30a est.

I get on pretty late due to work. weekdays 10pm central if im lucky but usually 11pm - 2am. On weekends i play on and off all day.
    Gamer tag - KALELJJKENT
    ill send you a friend request, and thanks for taking the time to help a new player.

Also i was told from a coworker who use to play eso said that i did the main quest a little quickly (finish the main quest at lvl 24) gave me tips on where to go and to avoid end game stuff, which my problem is i don't know which quest/activity is for my level or higher levels. He told me theres a list online and just grind until i reach lvl 50.
    Edited by JustPressingButtons on February 7, 2017 7:44AM
  • Jadednatas
    Jadednatas
    ✭✭✭
    I play mon- fri 8a to 5p est.. lol so we may never run into each other.. but i can leave gear in your mail, last we knew you were level 28.. so i'll start there.. with how the game scales players now it makes your armor less an less effective as you level past it, so expect to use it 5-10 levels and then get a new set.. and really consider redoin health, stam, magic points at a shrine an adjustin to all stam, if you need health we can do that with enchants-- you said stam dps so probably safely can get you to around 30k stam, 17-20k health, 12k magic (maybe less, if you use a lil magic maybe consider tri stat food, likely you'll be all set with blue bi-stat-- which gives higher values of the stam/health than tri stat... as with everything else a lot of choice there, maybe you want more regen not the extra 5k, maybe you want a random recipe from one of the festivals.. somethin to pay attention to)
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple of things that haven't been mentioned are having a food or drink buff active all the time for the extra stats and making sure your gear is repaired. If you die or gain a lot of xp it eventually breaks and provides no benefits.
    Edited by Forztr on February 7, 2017 1:29PM
  • Veraen
    Veraen
    ✭✭
    When I was struggling on one of my DPS characters, I tried a restoration staff on my back bar and used it to keep regeneration on myself during hard fights. That combined with crowd control and health potions really helped out a lot until I could get my skills leveled up enough to get one of the shield abilities.
    Veræn → XB1/NA
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a bug right now, they put in a fix to allow mob bleeds to ignore armor, it appears other attacks are also ignoring armor. Tanks are getting destroyed and solo anything is harder.