Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do I get monster sets?

ESOUser0x00
ESOUser0x00
✭✭✭
Do I have to take the pledge first or can I just run the dungeon for it to drop?
The wiki says that it only drops if the dungeon is run on veteran mode, how do I choose veteran mode?
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Killing the the final boss on veteran mode.
    You don't need the pledge, you get keys from the pledge and you need these for keys that you need for the shoulders of a montster set.

go to group and change the mode.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if you need the monster helmet or monster pauldrons (shoulder piece)

In case you need the head piece, you need to go veteran dungeon (you do not need to take the undaunted pledge for that), monster helmets drop only in veteran mode, the last boss drops them, not in normal mode

In case that you need the shoulder piece, you need to take the pledge and go into that dungeon, that is that day the pledge. It does not matter if you go to normal dungeon or veteran dungeon, you get the Undaunted key after you complete it. After completing the dungeon you go back to the NPC who gave you the pledge and he/she will give you the undaunted key as a reward. Then you open the undaunted chest (it is right next to the NPC in the Undaunted Enclave) and pray to the RNG (random numbers generator) to give you the shoulder piece that you need. Every Undaunted chest gives certain monster shoulder pieces, it is pure luck to get the right one, so you might not get it on using the first key that you get.

Here you see which monster piece drops in which dungeon and also which Undaunted chest has a chance to give you the shoulder piece that you need:

http://img.imgur.com/SWTCibt.png
    (the upper right part there - "Monster1 and 2")

SWTCibt.png
    Edited by altemriel on February 8, 2017 8:25AM
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, let me try that, how do you normally find people to group btw?
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, let me try that, how do you normally find people to group btw?

Ask around near the enclave, do it with friends, or queu up in the fantastic activity finder that this game offers.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    What happens if I need light helmet but it gives me a heavy, can I wait for the final boss to respawn or do I have to go through the whole dungeon again?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens if I need light helmet but it gives me a heavy, can I wait for the final boss to respawn or do I have to go through the whole dungeon again?
    In an 4 man dungeon or raid you have to repeat it as nothing respawns.
    For the location sets in devle or other bosses you only need the boss.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ESOUser0x00
    ESOUser0x00
    ✭✭✭
    I used my only undaunted key that someone helped me out to get on a chest and got the prosperous ilamdria shoulder pauldrons which was exactly what I wanted, is that common or was rng smiling on me?

Edit: Ok just realized it was a heavy instead of a light, guess I have to reroll
    Edited by ESOUser0x00 on February 8, 2017 10:25PM