The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

To Walk on Far Shores, High King Emeric's Savior

jordan.derpb14_ESO
I need to do this quest and achievement to get one of the houses. I cannot find any good information online about where/how/why/when/who/what to start it. I haven't done much at all in DC. Can anyone help and point me exactly where I start this? Or how I can do it quickly? Thanks!
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is basically the last quest of the DC alliance main quest, so.... yeah.

UESP page (Warning for DC spoilers)

You SHOULD be able to start the questline by going to Evermore and starting the zone quests there. Though this is not fast by any means, so... Crowns may be the preferable option here, if you have any.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on February 7, 2017 8:56PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • jordan.derpb14_ESO
    Thank you for the reply. So its not a specific quest or is it all the zone quests?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply. So its not a specific quest or is it all the zone quests?

It is a specific quest, but I'm pretty sure it's chained at the end of the Bangkorai zone quests. If so, that means you can't pick it up without completing the previous ones in the chain first.

If you want to see if you can pick it up without doing the entire chain, head to the waaaaaay far south of Bangkorai, to the Hall of Heroes (southeast of Hallin's Stand). See if you can talk to the Keeper there and pick up a quest there.

If not, that means you probably have to work through the zone quests the old-fashioned way. Those start in Evermore.

Peeking through the UESP wiki, it seems to think that Storming the Garrison (a quest about halfway into that chain) doesn't have a hard prerequisite... so if all else fails, try going to the fortress southeast of Evermore and see if King Emeric is waiting at the gates there. if so... you may be able to skip the quests before that. Maybe.

Good luck!
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peeking through the UESP wiki, it seems to think that Storming the Garrison (a quest about halfway into that chain) doesn't have a hard prerequisite...
    My bad, that one slipped through. That one has The Parley as hard prerequisite.

If you find To Walk on Far Shores at the bottom of this chart, follow the solid lines backwards for the shortest route of required quests:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bangkorai#Quest_Map
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp