Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master writs: does quest holder need to manufacture?

ManicDee
ManicDee
✭✭
I picked up a master writ to produce a legendary sturdy ruby ash shield from the Soectre's Eye set in Akaviri Style.

The character I accepted the quest on did not have the style, so I crafted the shield on a different character. Transferring back to the quest-holder, the quest was not completed.

Thinking I may have crafted the wrong level I went back and crafted CP160 version of the same.

Still no luck.

Does the quest-holder need to do the crafting, did I make the wrong thing, or is this quest broken?

Right now I have two legendary akaviri shields of the spectre and am down 16 gold tempers and 2 gold scale :(

Best Answer

• Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be crafted by that character.
    You can trade the master writ as long as u don't accept the quest when it pops from the normal writ reward container. It will then appear in your pack and you can then trade it to your main crafter.
    If you've already accepted the quest, then your stuffed as you cannot get the MW back.
    Answer ✓
  • orcashowb14_ESO
    orcashowb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    If that's the case, the Master Writ needs to clarify that point. A better solution would be to allow anyone to craft the writ & the writ holder to turn it in just like any other crafting quest. Also the patch notes should address this issue to eliminate confusion. I would've sold 2 master writs if I had know I couldn't turn them in. That seems poorly thought out in design.

Additionally, any way Nirnhoned & the cruxes will become more accessible and not just a trait set for select few?