The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Mac Client Hangs on Homestead Patch

nml
nml
✭✭✭
Judging based on the last PTS version, the Mac client is still useless - opening it for the first time shows the intro video with grainy distortion on it, I can get to the character select screen but when I select my character it hangs there (more than 10 minutes). Tried again, same thing.

Because of this I wasn't able to test anything this time around on PTS, and I assume that this problem will carry over to live when it is patched in today.

Can anybody confirm that the Mac client will be working when Homestead goes live? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Thank you, and best regards,
-NML
Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    Gina did say that they knew what the issue was and that it would be fixed in time for live. Not seen a single mention in today's patch notes (though admittedly I did speed read them so could have missed it) so not 100%

Downloading patch now so I'm hoping theres no issues :/
    Edited by HereKittehKitteh on February 6, 2017 2:38PM
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    Works ok here atm. Tried 2 toons so far (600+ CP), did few writs, horse feeding, etc. Even got all 50+ add-ons enabled and only 1 gave error so far.
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    nml wrote: »
    Judging based on the last PTS version, the Mac client is still useless - opening it for the first time shows the intro video with grainy distortion on it, I can get to the character select screen but when I select my character it hangs there (more than 10 minutes). Tried again, same thing.

I'm currently getting the grainy distortion on my intro video. I get to the username/password screen and then it tells me I have an invalid client, and to exit and update. I've tried "checking for updates" on the launcher, but still no joy.

I also notice it tells me the servers are offline when I'm on the login screen.

Basically, can't get into the game.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore me - the update isn't ready yet! D'oh.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    Got the grainy distortion when i loaded it up so i started to rage slightly thinking it hadn't been fixed but it loaded up my character fine, and played for around an hour or so without issues
  • nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    @RainaLionheart @barrrt @Mardi Gras
    Thank you for the information. I will download the patch and give it a shot tomorrow. Good news that the patch is working on live but also unfortunate that no mac users were able to contribute to PTS feedback due to this code weakness.
    -NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    nml wrote: »
    @RainaLionheart @barrrt @Mardi Gras
    Thank you for the information. I will download the patch and give it a shot tomorrow. Good news that the patch is working on live but also unfortunate that no mac users were able to contribute to PTS feedback due to this code weakness.

my only serious issues have been with addons the inventory grid view though updated on feb 1 2017 is borked and prevents the use of the note that starts the chain to get the free apartment,,,, author says it will be fixed inside a week

the other one for me was cookery wiz so check minion daily if you use addons
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    OK, all up and running - still have corruption on the first loading video, but after that the game works as well as it did before.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Yeah that corruption bugs me too but the game runs great
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything