Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't login on my main character

Briuce
Briuce
✭✭
Once the server went up (PC/EU) I logged in with my main and everything worked fine, went to the wayshrine to change zone and was disconnected ( something about me not having a valid internet connection) didn't mind, relogged on the server and then I tried to relog on my main and after a few seconds of loading screen the same error appeared.

However if I try to login on my other character everything works fine, checked my connection just in case and it's fine. (70 Mbps fiber). It is a rather unpleasant issue... Anyone has encountered something like that?

PS. just in case it might possibly be relevant the zone change was from Reaper's March to Craglorn
Pc/EU (DC)
lvl 50 Redguard Stamplar
lvl 50 Breton Magplar
lvl 50 Redguard StamDK
  • godfather902
    Hello,

Just wanted to add to this thread. After the servers went online i started the game, reached the character screen and there i tried to log on my main character. I keep getting the same error as mentioned by the OP over and over again, something about not having a valid connection. I can log on all my other 3 characters but not on my main. He is a Nightblade currently in Rawl'kha in Reaper's March.
    Edited by godfather902 on February 6, 2017 8:59PM
  • Briuce
    Briuce
    ✭✭
    Being that my main is in Rawl'kha too it might be related to the place maybe...
    Pc/EU (DC)
    lvl 50 Redguard Stamplar
    lvl 50 Breton Magplar
    lvl 50 Redguard StamDK
  • godfather902
    Still haven't been able to log in in Reaper's March with my main character. It's an area issue quite probably.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to make sure this is seen, we have a dev responding in this thread about this issue.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Briuce
    Briuce
    ✭✭
    If you want to make sure this is seen, we have a dev responding in this thread about this issue.

Thanks for the hint @BlackSparrow
    Pc/EU (DC)
    lvl 50 Redguard Stamplar
    lvl 50 Breton Magplar
    lvl 50 Redguard StamDK
  • godfather902
    Thanks for the shout.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same problem too. Was on with one of my characters, game crashed on me, and haven't been able to log on with that char for the past 1-2 hours. Can log in with my other characters just fine. I get the must have a valid connection error as well.

EDIT: Just was able to log in with this char as I was posting this. Did nothing different.
    Edited by Synozeer on February 6, 2017 11:44PM
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • zayven
    zayven
    Server: NA
    Character: Phyre Caradec

Tried traveling to Reaper's March, got kicked to login screen. I cannot count the number of times since I have tried to log into that character, and every time the game spends a couple of minutes on a load screen and kicks me back to login, usually with a "cannot connect to server" error message, though not every time. As this is my "money making" toon and also one with my achievements, this is particularly frustrating. No other characters are affected thus far, although I have crashed out a few times and had issues getting into Craglorn characters.
  • CelticStones
    CelticStones
    ✭✭✭
    same , main crafter stuck somewhere between crags and rawlk, 2 hours of reconnects, no valid internet connection, (which is wrong, net is fine) are you selling patience potions in the crown store?
  • boundsy88
    boundsy88
    ✭✭✭
    yea dont leave any characters in reapers march
  • milos84mj
    milos84mj
    Soul Shriven
    Have the same issue here with login in Rawlka or teleport to this zone...

But I am really afraid of not having my DK char in my bag my Inferno Sharpen Spinner staff howis that possible Zenimax I farm this like 2 weeks and now its gone !!!!
    Please fix this !!!
  • Burrkuz
    Burrkuz
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, exactly how you described it Bruice.

I was gonna send some materials to a friend, however since I did not have them and just recently bought them myself from the guild store, i wanted to relog in order for them to show up in the mail. Once I did, I couldn't log back in. This happened in Reapers March aswell and now I'm also getting the error "Make sure you have a valid internet connection". Tried logging onto my toon and it worked fine, however not so good logging on my main. I hope they can fix this somehow.
  • Briuce
    Briuce
    ✭✭
    I was able to log in today... it's possibly an issue with overcrowding. Keep trying, possibly at less common hours I guess
    Pc/EU (DC)
    lvl 50 Redguard Stamplar
    lvl 50 Breton Magplar
    lvl 50 Redguard StamDK
  • Skatmat
    Skatmat
    Same here, can't log in to Rawl'kha where I left my characters.
  • kl_jander
    kl_jander
    Few hours ago i was unable to log in to Rawl'kha. Now i'm unable to log in Belkarth as well...

Always with the error "Make sure you have a valid internet connection". I'm a bit disappointed in this release, there seems to be a lot of issues reported. As a software developer myself i think this is a big no-no.

Please fix these issues...
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update you and let you know that we're still looking into this. It does seem to be related to busier zones/areas during peak times, but we're still working on identifying the cause.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to update you and let you know that we're still looking into this. It does seem to be related to busier zones/areas during peak times, but we're still working on identifying the cause.

I run into this pretty rarely (fortunately), but it did happen last night. What's odd is that it is definitely per character. At least 5 of my characters were in Rawl last night, and I was easily able to log into 4 of them.. but one character it just wouldn't go. Of course I wait awhile and eventually I was able to log in. I had no problems logging into Craglorn at any point with characters that were there.

Just wanted you to understand it's really not our internet etc. since other characters can easily log in to the same area.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The invisible players in Cyrodil have kidnapped your character he is holding them hostage until you give them enough money to buy a manor house. Call the police.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks One Tamriel! Please use Crown money from Homestead to upgrade servers ZOS!
    PC-NA
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I'm still having this issue, and currently cannot log on to my only level 50 character. Having just returned from a months-long hiatus, this is particularly obnoxious. Any way to get a character moved to a different zone manually so I can actually play, or am I stuck? Note that this character is in Reaper's March, which seems to be a problematic area.
    Edited by Kybotica on February 8, 2017 3:40AM
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kybotica wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    I'm still having this issue, and currently cannot log on to my only level 50 character. Having just returned from a months-long hiatus, this is particularly obnoxious. Any way to get a character moved to a different zone manually so I can actually play, or am I stuck? Note that this character is in Reaper's March, which seems to be a problematic area.

Yes, customer support can do that quite easily. The best way to approach that is to submit a ticket asking to be moved to anywhere else so you can log in. Sadly, the promise of "awesome customer support" was yet another thing reneged on so you might have to wait awhile. Pro tip: submitting multiple tickets accomplishes nothing but making sure to reply to all robo-generated and human-answered responses does.
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Me and the pledge group had recurring problems in loading into [PC][EU] Mournhold yesterday evening (Tuesday), with frequent timouts. We could port to a nearby shrine and ride in without any problem. The town was *not* busier than usual, rather less so in fact. This was not a problem at all before the patch, even with the town and zone being much busier.
    -Foo
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

It's been doing this on Xbox one for 6 months.....being that houses was added, does that cause a zone to be busy (more busy.) @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    This has been a recurring theme on PS4 NA for well over 6 months.

Easy solution, never, ever log out in a major city. Find an off the path wayshrine and park there.

After 6+ months of this on console, it's really the only way to manage it.
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice from those of you present on the console servers. I'll try to figure out if I can get back in long enough to make this policy a reality.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows