Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nirn Drops after 1T

scorpiodog
scorpiodog
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know if this was discussed before, but what are the rules for Nirn Mats to drop after the 1T update?

1 - Do nirn mats still only drop in Northwest Craglorn, or all of Craglorn?

2 - Do nirn mats still only drop with CP 150 mats (voidstone, etc) or do they also drop from 160 mats (Rubedite, etc)?

Basically I'm wondering if I should keep my alt crafters at level 9 equipment crafting (and have them collect all Craglorn surveys / mat farming), or if they can still get Nirn mat drops if I upgrade them to level 10 equipment crafting.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody has fed you a boatload of misinformation.....

Nirn has dropped all over Craglorn for longer than One Tameriel has been out. Both Upper and Lower.

Nirn drops from any Equipment Crafting Node (metal, wood, cloth, hide) no matter the level of the item your farming. The node scaling from One Tamriel has not changed this.
    Edited by Nestor on February 6, 2017 10:01PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Somebody has fed you a boatload of misinformation.....

Nirn has dropped all over Craglorn for longer than One Tameriel has been out. Both Upper and Lower.

Nirn drops from any Equipment Crafting Node (metal, wood, cloth, hide) no matter the level of the item your farming. The node scaling from One Tamriel has not changed this.

Thank you. All the information online I could find about this seems to be out of date and / or wrong.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it has been since December 2015 or a bit earlier that they expanded the Nirn to all of Craglorn.

What did happen with One Tamriel is Craglorn Surveys are no longer a reliable source for Nirn. In fact out of the last dozen or so surveys I have pulled from Craglorn, no Nirn.

Another thing about Surveys, if you get one from a lower material writ (I do a bunch of Mat Level 1 Writs on my max level alts) and you give the Survey to the crafter who has the points invested in the material passive, the survey will return that level of Mats. This is different than it was before OneT. Unless of course you need low level mats for the Writs.

Also, you now get Surveys for all over Tamriel, not the zone you turn the writ in at.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"