Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is eso morrowind a DLC or a complete new game?

NightDragon
NightDragon
✭✭
Hello
I have not played eso in some time. I recently built a new pc just to play games. Mainly eso. But i have a problem, my cd drive makes some weird sound when i put in a disk. aside from that what I want to know is - Is morrowind considered a DLC that i can buy with crown points that i have been saving up since obviously i have not been playing for some time. any help I would appreciate it. I hope to get my cd drive problem fixed soon so i can jump in so i can finally start playing again.
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't buy morrowind with crowns, but you can buy a digital upgrade so you don't need a disc.
  • NightDragon
    NightDragon
    ✭✭
    MAEK wrote: »
    You can't buy morrowind with crowns, but you can buy a digital upgrade so you don't need a disc.

That's a real bummer i really don't want to spend more money. i don't understand why we cant use crowns for this but other expansions we were able to.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how long the preorders will be available on the website?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the digital upgrade edition, which doesn't require a second disc. However, I'm guessing your system might want the original disc in the drive to play the game.

Once a year there will be new "chapters" that you cannot buy with crowns, but three other DLCs a year that you can.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    You can buy the digital upgrade edition, which doesn't require a second disc. However, I'm guessing your system might want the original disc in the drive to play the game.

Once a year there will be new "chapters" that you cannot buy with crowns, but three other DLCs a year that you can.

That's an optimistic view. So far, zos has yet to release DLC reliably on this schedule. In two years or so, we've had only 5 DLC. I'm defining DLC as an addition that requires subscription or crown purchase. Maybe zos will get it right this time, but don't hold your breath. zos has a poor track record on sticking to their announcements.

That's a real bummer i really don't want to spend more money. i don't understand why we cant use crowns for this but other expansions we were able to.

It's another cash grab. This time, it targets subscribers specifically. Also, if you already have used your 8 free character slots, you must purchase additional slots for crowns, with the limit moving to 14, or delete characters in order to create a Warden class.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • NightDragon
    NightDragon
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

That's an optimistic view. So far, zos has yet to release DLC reliably on this schedule. In two years or so, we've had only 5 DLC. I'm defining DLC as an addition that requires subscription or crown purchase. Maybe zos will get it right this time, but don't hold your breath. zos has a poor track record on sticking to their announcements.

It's another cash grab. This time, it targets subscribers specifically. Also, if you already have used your 8 free character slots, you must purchase additional slots for crowns, with the limit moving to 14, or delete characters in order to create a Warden class.

i have imperial collection when i first bought eso then i even got eso+ specifically so i would not need to pay extra $ on top for dlcs /expansions so i could just buy it with crowns that i have saved up. Also i have not played in a really long time and lost track if things changed. Also only used 1 slot for a character.
    Edited by NightDragon on February 6, 2017 3:57AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

i have imperial collection when i first bought eso then i even got eso+ specifically so i would not need to pay extra $ on top for dlcs /expansions so i could just buy it with crowns that i have saved up. Also i have not played in a really long time and lost track if things changed. Also only used 1 slot for a character.

There is no getting around the requirement to purchase Morrowind. You asked if this is a new game. Depends who you ask. zos is calling this a 'chapter'. It's new content in at least one new zone with a new class. But existing characters can play there. To me, that makes it a DLC regardless how it's relabeled. If you want to play, you gotta pay, but at least you won't have to burn crowns on a character slot.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand why we cant use crowns for this but other expansions we were able to.
    Because this isn't a DLC, it's an EXPANSION (or as ZOS are calling it, a CHAPTER), they've clearly realised the Store isn't generating sufficient cash so they're introducing an annual EXPANSION that they'll only sell for cash ...

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know how long the preorders will be available on the website?

Digital pre-orders will be available until June
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NightDragon
    NightDragon
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    i don't understand why we cant use crowns for this but other expansions we were able to.
    Because this isn't a DLC, it's an EXPANSION (or as ZOS are calling it, a CHAPTER), they've clearly realised the Store isn't generating sufficient cash so they're introducing an annual EXPANSION that they'll only sell for cash ...

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/02/01/welcome-to-2017

Thank you . i will still buy it eventually but not at release as i have still a lot of catching up to do since i have not played in a long time.