Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crafting possibilities

djinn1148
djinn1148
Hey guys, looked at about thirty threads, and there are a lot of great ideas, but none that touched on this specifically (though, I'm sure there are.)
I have spent a great deal of time working on a dedicated crafter, and being a khajiit, some of the motifs were very tough to locate, without spending a ton of gold (in looking at you, imperial book!) I have almost every motif learned on this character, and I have all 9 traits researched, and have a nice surplus of nirncrux and other stones. This being said, I am thoroughly disappointed in the fact that I currently cannot do as much with them as I should. Where is the option to change dropped gear style to a motif that you know? Why haven't we been able to make crafted jewelry for sets like Hundings, or Julianos? What's going to happen with crafting in the future? Some things need to catch up with the games functions, and balance some of the ways crafters are utilized in game.
I would like to see a way to turn gear from the look that they dropped in, to another motif style. Take Briarheart... I'd like to change it to another motif such as Akaviri or Dro M'athra, instead of the primal style. The set is viable, and I have used it, but I am forced to either deal with a patchwork of pieces, or wear a costume. Why shouldn't I, as a master crafter, be able to change just the appearance of this gear to one of my choosing? I feel it's a simple action, and should be implemented to make the grind for motifs worth the effort. Thoughts?

With so many sets introduced with One Tamriel, why haven't we been made available to create "mimic sets" yet? What I mean by "mimic sets" is, if I find a set piece, such as Mother's Sorrow chest, in divines... Why can't I research it to learn to make that a crafted set? Not the whole set, and not even Mother's Sorrow chest in all available traits, just divines. With all the sets, and how difficult it is, maybe this makes crafting a positive again, and though it could really be a time dump, make it 30 day Research times per piece, max three, same as the old research times? I feel this would make crafting a profession again, instead of "I'm a 9 trait master crafter" and it not meaning anything. There has to be something that comes out that makes this all worth while again.
Another question I have, is... where is jeweler crafting? We have already introduced jewelry becoming available with all the sets with One Tamriel, why haven't the world crafting sets been given the ability to make jewelry for those sets? I think this is a simple request, allow jewelry for world crafting sets.

All just the ramblings of a disillusioned "Master" crafter.
For the love of... Oh forget it. You've already stole it, so let's have fun!

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
Djinn Z - PVP - Random Nightblade Build
Djinn Vi - PVE - Pet sorc (Summoner)
Dro'Humilem - PVE - Stamblade (Rampage)
Bunni Z - PVE - Stamplar (Jabsmania)
Raistlin Majere - PVE - Sorc DD (Mystic)
Richard Rahl - PVE - Health Tank (Siphoner)
Theophylaktos - PVE - Dragonknight Tank (Catalyst)
Heka the Goddess - PVE - Templar Tank (Paladin)
Jessica Rabbit - PVE - Dragonknight DD (Venom)
Warden Frostangla - PVE - Warden DD (fire and ice)
Carra the Emulsifier - PVE - Templar DD (Beamplar)
He-man - PVP - Stam Warden (Spectre)
Radelia Umexidor - PVP - Bow Gank (Silencium)
Katarina Death Bringer - PVP - Magicka Nightblade (Zerg Bomb)
Mazakeen the Lilim - PVE/PVP - Stam sorc
  • Druwe
    Druwe
    Crafted Jewelly would be awesome or being able to upgrade it - Yes make it hard maybe limit it to 9 trait master crafters er even introduce a new line . But please - jewellry!
    Druwe

K P Ciranwe - Templar Heals - Aldmeri Dominion - 561+CP -NA/PC

"The curse of much knowledge is often indecision."- Parthuurnax
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently the unique capabilities drop sets have include:
    1-2 pc wpn sets (DSA MSA)
    2pc monster sets for body
    3 pc sets for jewel/wpn.
    jewels for all drop sets

Currently the unique advantage (singular) for crafted sets is:
    Style control.

Crafted sets have an advantage (but not unique to them) in how easily one can get the right combination of trait, slot, weight for many of their sets.

rather than take jewel crafting and spread it around making it non-unique, i want crafted sets to get more unique capabilities, things that cannot be done with drop sets so that they have some builds' structures that can only be gotten thru crafted.

4pc and 3pc wpn/body sets achieved by dropping at craft one or two of the 2-3-4 pc bonus from crafted sets would be a good start in that. in many ways it would make crafted sets more flexible for 2h/bow/staff type builds.

if you give both crafted and drops unique "building blocks" that can be used for builds, you increase the likelihood that more builds will start (or restart) running combined drop+crafted sets, reversing the current reend for fewer joint sets.

But i would not want to give away the last unique advantage that crafted sets have - trait control - to make them even less appealing - right now. That is an additional benefit to drop sets and they got tons in 1T.

I maxed crafters, not alteration technicians dedicated to making drop sets better..
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• AJSnakeGaming
    AJSnakeGaming
    ✭✭
    The idea to craft jewellery or upgrade it is an awesome idea. Something I would definitely welcome into the game. Something I thought would be a good idea from day one. It will allow to evolve builds. 5 piece twice born star with 5 piece Julianos...... yes please :wink:
    PS4 EU server.
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    I for one am not for jewelry crafting... flame on, whatever... I am for giving crafters more options in the sets that can be crafted, the zones already have defined sets. So here is an idea, make it so crafters have to specialize in HA MA LA armor sets and then allow them to be able to craft the HA MA or LA sets from each zone at the designated crafting station and just make a drop down menu for which set is to crafted. This will allow Zenimax to bank on more people making crafters and buying motifs and stuff for crafting and it will also force true hard core professional crafters to have 3 different master crafters that have to buy all those motifs 3 times, I know that idea sucks, believe me I only have one master crafter, but it is a win win for all. Just a crazy thought... haha
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-