Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning Player

mrjasonbearub17_ESO
Hey everyone! I just recently re downloaded ESO after quite sometime of not playing. When i left off i was a V3 i think but i know the whole leveling system changed. I am a nightblade and im looking for what to do first kinda? I know a lot has been added since i left and its somewhat overwhelming but i want to do it all. What would be a great place to start? And i guess whats changed in the past year. If you could link some helpful resources and offer advice that would be great! Thanks. Also im a vampire not sure if thats still good like it used to be.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back! I have three nightblades, so let me consider some tips on what to do and what's changed. Hmm...

You might consider creating a signature in these forums that puts your character info in each post. It helps to know your class, race, mag or stam, champion points and vampirism. You mentioned most, but I'm not sure if you're magic or stam. Anyway, having those stats on a post can direct some toon-specific advice. To create a signature, click your account name at the top, then edit profile, then signature.

Leveling

Everything is now driven by the champion system...no more vet levels. The cap on CPs is 561 (600 w update 13). Your CPs dictate what armor you wear. Top level gear is c160, meaning that's the best in game right now. So if you're below 160 you want to work on earning CPs. Once above you can think about new armor...lots of new cool sets.

New drop sets

There are now a bazillion drop sets, many with jewelry. Every zone drops a stam, magic and tank set via dolmens (jewelry) and delve, world and dungeon bosses. Once at c160, you might look these up to see if you want to go grind some new gear.

New content

If you have dlc access, thieves guild and dark Brotherhood are a possible re-entry point for you. Both offer 6-7 skill points in the main storylines. Both have dailies opened in hq after completing the second story, which potentially reward valuable motifs to sell. And both are naturals for nightblades...sneak on through that b&$*}^#, lol. Dark bro also has fun world boss dailies in kvetch...always tons running these, and they offer good rewards. If your play predates wrothgar and imperial city, check these out too.

Skills of note

There have been so many skill changes since you played I'm not sure I'll remember them all, but a few stand out.

Vampirism is still good. You still go through four stages, but the timers are slowed way down. During the witches festival they had a gold recipe that makes food that has to do with vampirism. Not sure if it's good, but maybe check that out. I know there's a new vampire-aimed drop set too.

All weapons got ultimateS. If you're a magblade, the destruct staff ultimate is off the hook powerful. Consider setting your bars up with that on the back and soul harvest on the front (earns 10 ultimate per kill). You will be blowing the crud out of mobs every two minutes, lol.

If magic, the light armor ability harness magica is a defensive powerhouse now.

If you're going to pvp (or even if not) consider working up legerdemain to spend on the reduce sneak cost passive. Find a thieving route, steal a bunch of junk and launder 100-200 items per day. It won't take long to get the passives unlocked, and reduced stam cost is very helpful on a magblade.

The dark bro and thieves guild passives are mostly garbage. Not so bad...at least it freed up the skill points earned in the quests to use toward useful stuff.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have questions.