Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player... What do I do?

jan.denaanb16_ESO
jan.denaanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hiya I was a beta player... Didnt like the game But then came back to this game about a year ago and leveled a dragonknight to lvl 50 and CP 220. I remember I was just starting Cadwells Gold quests to explore the 3rd faction.

I saw the housing update and now this expansion thats coming I'm getting hyped and want to get back into the game. Havent played in 'One Tamriel' aswell.

What do you guys suggest I do to prepare for the update? or get back into my character. I remember I was just starting Cadwells Gold quests to explore the 3rd faction.Should I continue that?
I know I have to lvl the CP but what are good ways atm.

What gear should I get and how. I'm a magicka Dragonknight with max lvl vampire.
Should I just level up another class? I'm reading loads of complaints with magicka dragonknights.

This game is huge a

• jan.denaanb16_ESO
    jan.denaanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I cant seem to find the edit button.

This game can bve huge and daunting to tackle. No idea where to start atm as I feel I missed out on lots of content thats cld have changed my character.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can still finish Cadwell's Gold to get his hat as the reward. Nothing has changed regarding the story lines. The difference now is that wherever you go, the enemies are now leveled up to CP160. Overland bosses are harder to kill and usually require 2 or more players.

Quests are still the fastest ways to earn XP. Otherwise, the other is Dolmen farming. Alik'r, Auridon and Deshaan have 3 dolmens that are close to wayshrines and drop one right after the other. You'll see players take off after finishing a dolmen and fast travel to the next and repeat for hours of repetitive enjoyment. Other territories have 2 dolmens close to wayshrines, but the 3rd one can be far and tricky to get to so you may be the only one at the dolmen.

You get XP and RNG drops of set items. Good way of leveling up skills, too.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's just so much to do. I'd start doing dungeons, use the 'dungeon finder' .....and join the undaunted if you haven't already. Dungeons have unique gear and in vet, monster sets (helmet from the final boss, shoulders from the chest for finishing the daily dungeon for the undaunted) Quests are good for getting xp and are enjoyable if you like that sort of thing anyway....uhm, join a guild, get crafting up to max level with writs or however else...furniture crafting will be big for the homestead update. Join a trade guild and buy and sell, make money for those houses or manors.

Every area now drops specific sets from either bosses, dolmens, chests, mobs etc. Look up what sets you want online and go farm pieces....good xp, get achievements done etc

Oh and when it all gets too much, get fishing for Master Angler...because, why not?

So much
    Edited by greylox on February 2, 2017 9:49PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• jan.denaanb16_ESO
    jan.denaanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    There's just so much to do. I'd start doing dungeons, use the 'dungeon finder' .....and join the undaunted if you haven't already. Dungeons have unique gear and in vet, monster sets (helmet from the final boss, shoulders from the chest for finishing the daily dungeon for the undaunted) Quests are good for getting xp and are enjoyable if you like that sort of thing anyway....uhm, join a guild, get crafting up to max level with writs or however else...furniture crafting will be big for the homestead update. Join a trade guild and buy and sell, make money for those houses or manors.

Every area now drops specific sets from either bosses, dolmens, chests, mobs etc. Look up what sets you want online and go farm pieces....good xp, get achievements done etc

So much

Ye I know that when I was playing I was so happy to reache CP 160 /200 but no one wld take me on undaunted quests cos of "to low CP" They all wanted like 360 + or 400+ I believe.
    Is that still the case?

Probably best to start questing again just to level and get a feel for the game?
    Magicka dragonknight still good or bad?
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magknights are in a good place imo, not perfect but nothing ever is. Got one myself and it's a beast ;) Mag is easier to play than stam anyway.
    Edited by greylox on February 2, 2017 9:53PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior

• jan.denaanb16_ESO
    jan.denaanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ye i just find magicka more interesting really.

At the time the fire seemed cool so happy they are in a decent place. Dunno I'd ever pvp. I'll focus on pve and cadwell gold atm and start from there.
    Thx
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give maelstrom arena a go, normal first, if you have the wrothgar dlc and are up for a challenge. Good place to test builds to the limit.

Also you have daily quests for the fighters guild, mages guild, thieves guild, dark brotherhood. Level mages and fighters guild up to max especially. Also daily quests in gold coast from the boards.

Try craglorn, it's changed to be more solo friendly and there's a lot more people back there.
    Edited by greylox on February 2, 2017 10:45PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

• Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Equip shuffle and eye of the storm/flame - that's it!

You're Cyrodiil-ready.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.