Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Current state of NB?

Reinmard
Reinmard
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, returning player here.
My main was a healer templar but I grew up really tired of the class, so I was thinking about leveling up my stamina dps NB, but I have seen some complains about the current state of NB.
Is it actually bad? If so, how bad?
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is based not only on my opinion but from what I have been reading in the forums. Hope it helps. A little extra info thrown in there too.

Stamina NB is at the bottom as far as DPS in PvE. All stamina based classes will actually be taking a hit this next patch from everything I have read and already lose out to magicka based classes in higher end content like MSA and trials.

Right now as far as PvP, magicka DK has made quite the come back and seems to be the strongest.

Templars are quite strong and a lot of people are complaining about certain builds, though I consider most of the complaints based on the fact they are fighting the class wrong.

Sorcs remain about the same, still solid in PvP and PvE.

Stamina NB has some clear disadvantages as far as PvE and PvP at the moment. The ganking is still strong but that only due to IC being so cheap, but next patch slightly increases the cost I believe to 70 instead of 50 (correct me if I am wrong). Honestly, as much as people complain about getting ganked by NB's other classes can gank too, it really comes down to our passives that give us a slight edge. This being said, being an NB at the moment is an uphill battle. BUT, if the class is played well it can still shine. Though any small mistake in PvP will 100% result in your death where as other classes can make mistakes and still be okay.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Reinmard
    Reinmard
    ✭✭✭
    this is based not only on my opinion but from what I have been reading in the forums. Hope it helps. A little extra info thrown in there too.

Stamina NB is at the bottom as far as DPS in PvE. All stamina based classes will actually be taking a hit this next patch from everything I have read and already lose out to magicka based classes in higher end content like MSA and trials.

Right now as far as PvP, magicka DK has made quite the come back and seems to be the strongest.

Templars are quite strong and a lot of people are complaining about certain builds, though I consider most of the complaints based on the fact they are fighting the class wrong.

Stamina NB has some clear disadvantages as far as PvE and PvP at the moment. The ganking is still strong but that only due to IC being so cheap, but next patch slightly increases the cost I believe to 70 instead of 50 (correct me if I am wrong). Honestly, as much as people complain about getting ganked by NB's other classes can gank too, it really comes down to our passives that give us a slight edge. This being said, being an NB at the moment is an uphill battle. BUT, if the class is played well it can still shine. Though any small mistake in PvP will 100% result in your death where as other classes can make mistakes and still be okay.
    I see, thank you for the information dude.
    I'll give the NB a try, after all Im always a rogue at mmos, but I wont expect too much.
    Perhaps the magicka NB is better?
  • PrinceRyzen
    PrinceRyzen
    ✭✭✭

Well said about NB.

To add, one of the main reasons that it seems so many complain about ganking is because NB can still pose a threat to individuals in Zergs.

Posing a threat to Zerg players is going against a large number. So in number those players asked for nerfs and zenimax has given Nerfs and more counters to cloak than any other ability or class in the game. So many NB recognizing the disadvantages of attempting to use cloak in-combat have taken the most proficient route. Ganking. Lol.

Mage light, detect positions, infernal guardian, gap closers, enchants, aoe, dots, cloak not activating, random bugs, etc. These are some of the things you'll notice when being chased by said Zergs. Have fun!

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reinmard wrote: »

I see, thank you for the information dude.
    I'll give the NB a try, after all Im always a rogue at mmos, but I wont expect too much.
    Perhaps the magicka NB is better?

In my experience the stamina NB is sort of a "one-trick-pony" although they do that one trick really well. It has insane burst and plays a lot like the "classic rogue". The magicka NB is more like a "jack of all trades, a master of none" with more fun buttons to click. It can be built like a stamina build that opens from stealth and tries to burst down but it can also be built like more of a roamer if that makes sense. I think magicka NBs are more tanky than stamina ones but can't say 100%
    Personally, I much prefer magicka having played both styles. But I can definitely see the fun in stamina NB, it's just not for me.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that stamblades are the bottom of the barrel for both PvP, and PvE next update unless we're talking about ganking.

I'm personally going to be playing Nioh until Morrowind goes live.
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    Think I might re-desitribute my nb to magicka. Stamina is just not working out for me but I do want to play a ranged DPS class. Or perhaps I should just do a Sorc. Until bows are standalone weapons that can be mained I will just have to shelf that idea.