The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dogs and more domestic pets

Anastian
Anastian
✭✭✭
Hi folks!
I was wondering, are we going to see more dogs/domestic pets with homestead going live? I really wanted to purchase the Shepherd dog but now I have to get the Adventurer Pack (which I don't need) in order to obtain that pet; I'd have to settle for the Alik'r Dune Hound. Any chance we'll see more pets coming out?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be several kinds of dogs in the crown store, but they were removed to put them into crown crates.

There's a change they might come back, or new ones will be added but probably only for a short time before they go into the crates.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more dogs in the game.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There can never be enough dogs.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    We need more kitties as well... :3
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we need more idle looped animations and annoying stuff!!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, there can never be too many dogs or horses.

I want a recolor of the Alik'r Dune Hound BAD. Brown-and-white spotted would be amazing. I love the Markarth bear-dog, but he makes such annoying noises. LOL! We need a dog that's quieter than that.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    I recommend playing Skyrim. It's a wonderfully quiet game without those annoying "other people" you have to deal with in ESO. >:)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    I recommend playing Skyrim. It's a wonderfully quiet game without those annoying "other people" you have to deal with in ESO. >:)

Didn't say anything about people, nice try though.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully. I would love a siamese cat for one of my characters, they're in-game already but players can't purchase them. I'm worried it's going to be put in a crate if they ever add it though :/.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my khajit dont want dogs, Lukumas and I agreed on a no Dogs allowed sign for homestead :)
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    In my opinion, there can never be too many dogs or horses.

I want a recolor of the Alik'r Dune Hound BAD. Brown-and-white spotted would be amazing. I love the Markarth bear-dog, but he makes such annoying noises. LOL! We need a dog that's quieter than that.

I love the look of the bear-dog. It is my favorite pet, but enough of the constant digging and whimpering. We should be able to turn off or alter pet idle animations and sounds.
    PC/EU DC
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I dislike the idle animations aswell but the dogs themselves do look cool. Hey guys, is there a way to get this kind of feedback to Zenimax? I had a few other ideas... Especially about animations.

Why is it that when I talk my character does NOT perform a talk animation for example!?
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    Anastian wrote: »

Why is it that when I talk my character does NOT perform a talk animation for example!?

Because it would break every other emote your character is performing? When I'm RPing in chat with /idle2 or /armscrossed or /sitchair I don't want my char to start waving and giggling frantically every 5 seconds. ;)

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    There can never be too many cats as well.
    We also need rabbits!!!!
    MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
    Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Anastian
    Anastian
    ✭✭✭
    Not something that breaks other emotes you performed, I am referring to stuff like shrugging when your character is completely idle