Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Announcement and Details"

• Ra_Shor
    Ra_Shor
    Soul Shriven
    schip wrote: »
    Am I the only one cringing by the fact they named it Morrowind? They should have called it Vvardenfell to distinguish it from the single-player game, which would have been more accurate anyway.

They didn't do that, because then they couldn't call it an EXPANSION (sic) and cream lots of money from subscribers who already PAY for DLC. Call me cynical but I will not be paying for something which I believe I should get anyway no matter how much bigger they think the island is...

Oh and as a subscriber I just checked, the only versions available to me are the UPGRADE versions which are download content only...... Go figure.
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what is going to be the best race for the Warden? Wood Elf being that it's nature based spells? Or High Elf for max magica?

What's the skill tree line, anything up yet where we can take a look at the spells or abilities?

Thanks
    (Side note) Alway been a pet-aholics. Nice to finally get a pet that fights with you, we hope that ZOS will add more battle pets into the game....

Perhaps expand out on the Rangers bows with a pet, or have to capture and tame animals? Hmmmmm not sure how ZOS would bring this into the game, maybe a new tree line skills?

Anyways, it's nice to get a battle pet... Looking forward to doing nature spells.
    Edited by Victoria_Marquis on February 2, 2017 4:43PM
  • UrODelA
    UrODelA
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter ...in the meantime, maybe this ( with logo) or that ( without logo) will help...^^
    Edited by UrODelA on February 2, 2017 4:47PM
    ~ schwanzlurch est UrODelA is the SalamandeR ist der ~
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , will we get the morag tong motif in-game with this update or will the style only be attainable through pre-order purchase?
  • maltinkilic
    maltinkilic
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few more questions.

1. Will we be able to join new factions in Vvardenfell (Like morag tong, one of great houses etc). If so will there be new skill line.
    2. Are you considering a player home on the island (a dwemer architecture home would be fantastic).
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so I'm at work now but want to make sure I am understanding clearly. Will we be able to freely take our current characters to"morrowind" and back? Or is it a once there you're always there kind of thing?

You can go to Morrowind with your current character whenever you'd like (starting June 6, that is) and you can leave and go to other zones freely as well, just like any other zone.

Gee, that sounds a lot like a DLC. Other than having to pay for it, how does Morrowind differ from, say, Wrothgar?

werent you listerning? you get dungeons! and PvP! and..urm..Hours of gameplay! and...uh...well..theres like.. a new class! ..you can have a ...bear friend...

...huh...
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • NocturnalGuideMe
    NocturnalGuideMe
    ✭✭✭
    i would like a CheeseMonger class please

where i may wield Forky and summon cheese wheels of Doom

cheese people that bleed.

and AoE Nacho Cheese Explosion.

Blessing Of Sheogorath. skill tree.

5c95c71a5c87338d081a05ad36013090.jpg
    Dar'Dek Do'Tenurr
    Khajiiti Stamina Nightblade
    Master Thief, Dark Brotherhood Executioner, Former Dro m'Athra Shade
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    I used to dream of playing Morrowind with a friend or two. Now I dream of the day when the developers will stop pushing "new content" and fix the base game. My mouse pointer randomly disappears, and I can't use the Grouping Tool to find players doing the same quests I am.

If you're going to make an innovative game, at least be sure that the core MMO features- like grouping- are done correctly. Otherwise, what's there to innovate on?
    Edited by TigerSeptim on February 5, 2017 6:02PM
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Vote for the Char-Class-Change Feature.
    I would be OK with it, if its possible to change just 2 Chars whenever a new Class will be added.
    My Bosmer WW and my Argonian would be that class but i had to choose the the at least worst as well...

so please give us tokens for that... (even if they have to cost about 5k crowns)
    Edited by Gamer1986PAN on February 5, 2017 10:38PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will the CP cap increase with the release of Morrowind? If so, by how much?

Or are these things still being discussed?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dolfymoo
    Dolfymoo
    Soul Shriven
    How big will the city of Vivec be? Asking since Mournhold and pretty much every other Dunmer settlement is pretty small.
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    and fellow players,

Hello...
    I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question after searching and looking around. So, I'm sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, but this is more about the details, so there may be additional info to share??
    What I'd like to know is -
    How much of the Morrowind expansion will there be for PVE-ers?
    And secondly, can we play it Solo?
    My Magicka Sorc is at cp600, and I got there by soloing 99.9% of the time.

I ask this because all I am seeing are the great new PVP additions in Morrowind. Only problem is - I NEVER play PVP!!
    And - I have played and own every single Elder Scrolls game there is so...
    I do not want to hear that tired old cliche:
    "Then why are you playing an MMO if you don't want to play with other players?"
    The answer to that is that first:
    I genuinely love the entire Elder Scrolls line of games and ESO IS in that category,
    and second:
    I DO PLAY WITH OTHER PLAYERS!
    In fact I love just being around them while playing the game. It's a real world treat to see the creativity other players have in naming/gearing up their characters, seeing what they look like and watching/learning from the way they play. Playing alongside real people gives me a whole new, experience that I don't get with my all time favorite single player game: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

If fellow players need help as in: "gulp... I'm just about to become dead" I am right there with both bars blazin' to help them and keep them from dyin'!! And other players assist me if they see me about to die - cause I do die more often than I'd like.
    I call this "Dolmen Mode"... BUT I do not barge in to help if it looks like the player can handle it. That would ruin their experience - in every way. And if someone wants to group with me, I pretty much always accept their invite as long as the group has a leader that's at a lower level than me.

SO - I love PLAYING with other players!!!! :)
    BUT - I hate KILLING other players!!! :s
    In my mind, I think that all of us should be obliterating the Nasties (as Sir Cadwell calls them), the Daedric bad guys and Mannimarcos in our travels, and NOT some other compatriot/player.
    AND, for clarity's sake - I do NOT want to get rid of PVP! I know there are a lot of people in the game that totally enjoy playing PVP and see it as a vital and fun aspect of the ESO experience. It's not for me, but I would never want to take it away from those that love it.

I bought the expansion as soon as it was released, and may ask for refund depending on the info I get here and in other direct queries. Thanks to everyone in advance. I appreciate all of the helpful assistance!!

Peace/PAX!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Als3rd Most of the Morrowind chapter will be for PvE players. If you ignore the Battlegrounds, which are for PvP players, and the new Warden class, which is for everyone, you have the entire Vvardenfell zone, which is supposed to be about 40% bigger than Wrothgar/Orsinium. Vvardenfell contains around 30 hours of content, supposedly enough to get a new player up to Level 30, including a new main quest involving Vivec, secondary stories about the Great Houses, and a bunch of side quests throughout the zone. There's also a new 12-player Trial. Battlegrounds and the Warden are getting all the attention at the moment because they're new, but the bulk of the expansion will be more of the same great story writing that the rest of the zones are made up of.
    Edited by Enodoc on April 1, 2017 6:59PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Als3rd
    Als3rd
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Als3rd Most of the Morrowind chapter will be for PvE players. If you ignore the Battlegrounds, which are for PvP players, and the new Warden class, which is for everyone, you have the entire Vvardenfell zone, which is supposed to be about 40% bigger than Wrothgar/Orsinium. Vvardenfell contains around 30 hours of content, supposedly enough to get a new player up to Level 30, including a new main quest involving Vivec, secondary stories about the Great Houses, and a bunch of side quests throughout the zone. There's also a new 12-player Trial. Battlegrounds and the Warden are getting all the attention at the moment because they're new, but the bulk of the expansion will be more of the same great story writing that the rest of the zones are made up of.

Thanks for all the detailed info @Enodoc. The Morrowind chapter sounds very promising and I will definitely look forward to playing it now that I have a good understanding of it. I do a lot in Wrothgar as it is - including all my writs, so Vvardenfell being 40% bigger is especially nice to know. I'm also very happy to hear that the storyline/quests will be of the same high caliber writing that exists in ESO now.
    I really appreciate the details in your response and I want you to know that I think the current Jester XP boost is fantastic. The idea and implementation of it is a great gift to us players. I am leveling several characters at the same time and this XP Boost 'Boon' is actually making it humanly possible for a solo player like me and even quite fun. This is a great win for both the community and the folks that make up, maintain and add quality content to this game...
    A real win-win situation and you can't get much better than that!

• Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    Cagro wrote: »
    Warden class sounds very interesting, including the dedicated healing and tanking tree. My only concern is that EVERYBODY will be playing a Warden unless the developers add something new to the old classes.

I'm sure everyone is going to try playing a Warden. After watching the first ESO Live on Twitch, Warden Pet skill line, I think it will take more finesse to play than the average player will like. I highly recommend checking out that broadcast.

Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• Ezmaralda
    Ezmaralda
    ✭✭
    I would like to know what time Morrowind will be available to play? Apologies if this has already been asked in the forum.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezmaralda wrote: »
    I would like to know what time Morrowind will be available to play? Apologies if this has already been asked in the forum.
    What time? No idea really, but maintenance will probably start around 10am Eastern, as usual, and then go on for at least 6 hours. There may well be an 'unforseen issue' or two along the way, one or other of the servers will probably crash, and then there's the patch to download. Realistically you're probably looking at 6pm Eastern or beyond, or maybe just wait until the day after.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

June 8 :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Can Morrowind be played solo? I mean is the game play the same as the current game?

I'm mainly a solo player due to medical reasons, and play self-found.

Thanks.

• Bladewizard
    Bladewizard
    ✭✭✭
    Als3rd wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    and fellow players,

Hello...
    I couldn't find a definitive answer to this question after searching and looking around. So, I'm sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, but this is more about the details, so there may be additional info to share??
    What I'd like to know is -
    How much of the Morrowind expansion will there be for PVE-ers?
    And secondly, can we play it Solo?
    My Magicka Sorc is at cp600, and I got there by soloing 99.9% of the time.

I ask this because all I am seeing are the great new PVP additions in Morrowind. Only problem is - I NEVER play PVP!!
    And - I have played and own every single Elder Scrolls game there is so...
    I do not want to hear that tired old cliche:
    "Then why are you playing an MMO if you don't want to play with other players?"
    The answer to that is that first:
    I genuinely love the entire Elder Scrolls line of games and ESO IS in that category,
    and second:
    I DO PLAY WITH OTHER PLAYERS!
    In fact I love just being around them while playing the game. It's a real world treat to see the creativity other players have in naming/gearing up their characters, seeing what they look like and watching/learning from the way they play. Playing alongside real people gives me a whole new, experience that I don't get with my all time favorite single player game: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!

If fellow players need help as in: "gulp... I'm just about to become dead" I am right there with both bars blazin' to help them and keep them from dyin'!! And other players assist me if they see me about to die - cause I do die more often than I'd like.
    I call this "Dolmen Mode"... BUT I do not barge in to help if it looks like the player can handle it. That would ruin their experience - in every way. And if someone wants to group with me, I pretty much always accept their invite as long as the group has a leader that's at a lower level than me.

SO - I love PLAYING with other players!!!! :)
    BUT - I hate KILLING other players!!! :s
    In my mind, I think that all of us should be obliterating the Nasties (as Sir Cadwell calls them), the Daedric bad guys and Mannimarcos in our travels, and NOT some other compatriot/player.
    AND, for clarity's sake - I do NOT want to get rid of PVP! I know there are a lot of people in the game that totally enjoy playing PVP and see it as a vital and fun aspect of the ESO experience. It's not for me, but I would never want to take it away from those that love it.

I bought the expansion as soon as it was released, and may ask for refund depending on the info I get here and in other direct queries. Thanks to everyone in advance. I appreciate all of the helpful assistance!!

Peace/PAX!

Love the way this was expressed. I was wondering the same thing.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Morrowind be played solo? I mean is the game play the same as the current game?

Thanks.

@Sixsixsix161 Pretty much, yeah. The quests throughout the zone should be just like quests in the other zones, and probably most similar to Orsinium/Wrothgar quests. The only things you won't be able to do solo are the new 4v4v4 battlegrounds and the new 12-player Trial.
  • Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    What time? No idea really, but maintenance will probably start around 10am Eastern, as usual, and then go on for at least 6 hours. There may well be an 'unforseen issue' or two along the way, one or other of the servers will probably crash, and then there's the patch to download. Realistically you're probably looking at 6pm Eastern or beyond, or maybe just wait until the day after.

First June 6th is a Tuesday, I would hope if any not too big of a patch. This isn't like a regular dlc. I've already pre-ordered my PS4 upgrade and I already have an estimated download date of the 4th. Hopefully zos could give us a little info as to what to expect. :smiley:

Vampires Rule

• Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    FLambda wrote: »
    The new War Bear ally Ultimate brings up a critical question: will Morrowind bring persistent summons? If you have the War Bear ultimate on one weapon bar and that swirly frost attack ultimate on the other weapon bar, will weapon swapping cause the bear to constantly spawn and despawn? Cause that would be stupid. The War Bear should be a persistent summon that lasts as long as it is on either weapon bar, and that behavior should be extended to the Sorcerer's daedric summons.

yes, they said it on twitch, it is a persistent summon, you can heal and buff it, it stays summoned until it dies, you can even use wayshrine a port somewhere else and it ports with you

The Bear ultimate will have to be on both bars. That's what I thought was said on the Twitch video.
    o:)
    Vampires Rule

• Blackmoon777
    Blackmoon777
    ✭✭✭
    Any new alchemy ingredients in Morrowind?

Any new home improvements in Morrowind?

• Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

@Sixsixsix161 Pretty much, yeah. The quests throughout the zone should be just like quests in the other zones, and probably most similar to Orsinium/Wrothgar quests. The only things you won't be able to do solo are the new 4v4v4 battlegrounds and the new 12-player Trial.

Thank you for the info.
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    What does subscription cover after purchasing the new game ? Will there be Marrowind DLC's or are DLC's gone from the game now ? If there are future Marrowind DLC's will subscription cover those ?

They recently said they would, but ZOS track record says other wise. perhaps homestead should have been a DLC.
  • thesesneaksaredopeb14a_ESO
    so i didnt see a definitive answer here, are we not going to be able to change our existing characters to the warden class at launch?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i didnt see a definitive answer here, are we not going to be able to change our existing characters to the warden class at launch?
    No. There are no plans for class change.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    FLambda wrote: »
    The new War Bear ally Ultimate brings up a critical question: will Morrowind bring persistent summons? If you have the War Bear ultimate on one weapon bar and that swirly frost attack ultimate on the other weapon bar, will weapon swapping cause the bear to constantly spawn and despawn? Cause that would be stupid. The War Bear should be a persistent summon that lasts as long as it is on either weapon bar, and that behavior should be extended to the Sorcerer's daedric summons.

yes, they said it on twitch, it is a persistent summon, you can heal and buff it, it stays summoned until it dies, you can even use wayshrine a port somewhere else and it ports with you

You still have to have it on both bars tho
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please can we get a new animation for that aoe thunder bug animation... that looks dreadful :/