The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cannot get install to create a desktop icon

Xaretic
Xaretic
I have installed 5 times now and the game will not create a desktop icon nor a start icon for the game....the only way to launch the launcher is to go into the folder and use the Bethesda_launcher.exe.
Also others in my guild are having the same issue, so not sure if this is new or not.

When it sked to create desktop icon I selected for it to create one, but it only creates an uninstall icon.
Edited by Xaretic on November 15, 2016 10:35PM
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send the eso.exe to the desktop? I believe that's how I did it, works just fine.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Xaretic
    Xaretic
    Rouven wrote: »
    Send the eso.exe to the desktop? I believe that's how I did it, works just fine.

But that won't launch the launcher just the game correct.

So why is it not creating one?

Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at home right now, I can check in an hour or so.

Edit: This would be the path for me:
    etc/etc ... Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe

See if you can find that, hope that helps. No clue why the program does not create one for you.
    Edited by Rouven on November 15, 2016 11:47PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • Gordon906
    Gordon906
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue and my game launches when I run Launcher.exe as administrator but other than that, I am not sure why I cannot use it as a desktop app.
    Options