The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's with Meridia? (Spoilers)

Mivryna
Mivryna
✭✭✭
Hope this is in the right place since it's lore-related. It is for my RP character.

I'm curious about Meridia's lack of reaction to vampire characters. Lore-wise she ought to despise the undead, but doesn't appear to care whether the player is or not. Is it just because the player is useful, or special as the Vestige? Is there perhaps something special about the strain presented in the game? If Hircine's influence could eliminate the effect of the sun on vampires, could it also eliminate the effect of Meridia's ire?

Kinda curious about people's headcanon for this, or if there's something in the lore that I've missed.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that because you're willing to help fight Molag Bal, Meridia's willing to overlook your vampirism for now.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires are Molag Bal's creations, perhaps it would be very satisfying for Meridia to see him being "killed" by one of his "children".
    Edited by Stania on February 2, 2017 3:20PM
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend.

Edited by Nestor on February 2, 2017 3:27PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking. Though I've also heard the hypothesis that soul shriven vestiges (including the player) are almost like a type of Daedra, and as such it's possible that vampirism wouldn't necessarily be a form of undeath for them since they're already immortal.

Dunno. If we assume that the Vestige is merely a useful tool, how would that translate to RP on an individual level? Would Meridia share a similar begrudging allowance for Lamae's bloodline as a whole, or is it just the Vestige?