Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help with a Vampire/Werewolf/Daedra slaying build.

LionheartRichard
LionheartRichard
✭✭✭
I don't like leveling multiple characters, so I was wondering what would be the best way to make a character that can do multiple roles with minimal respeccing costs. I was hoping to recreate the spirit of my Skyrim character, who sometimes travels as a robe wearing restoration priest and other times armor ups into an undead slaying paladin.

For this ESO, I made a Breton Templar for the bonuses to magicka (this would also enable me to heal a little better.) I would like to be able to switch between a light armored staff wielding healer in PvE and a heavily armored sword wielding undead hunter in PvP (gotta kill those pesky Vampires and Werewolves in Cyrodiil.) This means Fighter's Guild is a must and as Fighter's Guild skills are stamina based and Templar skills are mostly magicka based, and from what I understand hybrid builds are bad so I'm not sure what to do.

Essentially I want to have a build that uses Fighter's Guild skills alongside Templar Skills, particularly Dawn's Wrath. Bonus points if he can switch between that and being a healer.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I responded to your other post first, so this is a bit of a duplicate but you had some different questions.

In short, yes it is possible to use the same magplar to run dps and the healer with minimal respecs. Things you respec in the game include:

A. Attribute points. But heals and magplar dps runs off magic, so just put every single point in magic and never think about attribute points ever again, lol.
    B. Skills points you've spent in skills and passives. But there are a gazillion skill points in the game. You can easily unlock every skill and passive for Templar dps AND healing. And none really conflict. You might undo morphs every couple of months to experiment, at a cost of 1500ish gold...no big.
    C. Champion points. When you get to vet you earn these. It costs $3000 gold to respec regardless how many you have. This is where you might face some cost switching between healer focus and damage. HOWEVER, 98% of the content allows you to switch between healer and dps without moving CPs. Respec here is really only required when players want an absolute best-in-game build to run the hardest content. And often this content requires a respec even if you aren't changing roles...like Dungeon X has a ton of snares so everyone needs to respec to deal with this one bos and blah blah. But that's rare.

In general, you shouldn't have to respect often, it's pretty cheap when necessary, and the game is pretty forgiving in this area. So, if you're not respec-ing, what do you switch around to switch roles?

You'll switch abilities on your bar, obviously. So as you play you'll open the ones you need for healer and also the ones you need for dps and switch them around to flip between roles. (Skills will be a massive change for you as a Skyrim vet...your character will utterly change playstyles by creating different bars. It's a fantastic evolution of the game.) Once your a vet, it'll take twenty seconds to change your skills out from on to the other.

You'll probably carry different weapons...but maybe not. Templars have powerful heals in their class skills, so you don't have to carry a specific weapon to heal. I use sword and board on my magplar all the time...often dual wield...then staves. So you might flip, but you might not.

You'll also probably carry different armor. Not so much the weight (a good mix for you is 5 light and 2 heavy) but the sets themselves. Five and three and two piece sets and arranging them on the 12 slots your character can use is a major aspect of the game. My Templar has five pieces he wears all the time. Then he has two separate five piece sets he switches between for healing or dps. Then he carries three different two piece monster sets. (That sounds confusing, but it's only 9 spaces in his inventory).

So have fun. And don't worry...honestly, the fighters guild skills are nowhere near as fun and cool as the Templar skills. The animations are cooler...the damage is higher. They're kinda the undead fighting paladins already.