Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Haderus PC NA

SamTheSwan
SamTheSwan
✭✭
Tl;dr: pls stop night capping and emp farming

Haderus has devolved into an emperor farming campaign from the proud small scale campaign it once was.
As I pushed for Emperor the other week I had multiple players whispering me, begging and pleading (sometimes lying by promising things they could never repay aswell) in an attempt to get me to drop the campaign so that they could get the title, costume, and dye.

This is a tragedy and only damages the prestige of the title, costume, and dye. However the real issue is that these mechanics are permitted through campaign rules. To give an example of this mechanic, when I was awake at 4 A.M. testing builds and running pledges and I noticed my emperor keeps being flipped. My friend and I logged on to a bleakers defense against 24 EP. 24 EP had simply night capped Chalman, Blue Road Keep, Alessia, and Roebeck. There was a single Daggerfall Covenant member online who we saw talking in zone, or even at any of the keeps.

The fact that 24 EP were able to flip keeps against one opponent to simply crown a person who had been fed AP, and after being crowned at 4 AM never revisited the campaign seems unfair. Even though my friend and I were able to wipe them enough times that they simply stopped sieging, we weren't able to take any keeps back even with emperor.

So I am simply asking for some mechanic to preserve the small scale of certain campaigns while not jepordizing the pvp aspect. A simple idea would be to make Imperial City it's own entity (to prevent the illusion of skewed campaign populations) and deactivate keep capture when a certain ratio of DC:EP-EP:AD-AD:DC had been exceeded.

While I understand this may not be the perfect solution, it is simply a thought, or a start to what could bring back campaign diversity.
PC NA
Magicka Sorc- 'Cadderly

• concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    I agree... mechanics of the game are completely broken. We also play Haderus DC. Often times we are the only DC group out there. We've seen folks come and folks go . I often refer to us as the "Stubborn Resistance" there...Haderus has devolved into the same folks push Emp on Ep.... switch to there AD toons push Emp again. Rinse repeat.... We are so often so vastly outnumbered 3-1 its everything we can do to hold our 3 home keeps and Ales and ash during primetime...Never fails wake up in the AM and the map is all yellow or red depending on who's turn it is...Night capping is a lame way to get Emp...
    In my opinion Half the problem is alliance swapping...next is no real incentive to hold and defend keeps...no way to bolster keep defenses when population is low...Many times EP controls this campaign. Instead of fighting the map they will turtle up in Ales all night...they lose the map till we are all tired and done for the night then swarm out of Ales and take it all back.
    There needs to be some restrictions on travel/ respawn to keeps far off when they don't even own there home keeps...
    There are many things currently broken in PvP which have nothing to do with overpowered classes or proc sets...to be honest the way the map works in general is flawed. A larger map with more separation between each alliance's keeps would be a good start. More incentive to defend keeps/resources (Maybe a real guild claim system which allows guild claiming to bolster defenses in a real way)
    Not sure of what will work but not trying anything isn't the answer...
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I hate the fact that Haderus used to be small scale while TF was Zergland. Now Haderus only gets emps that nightcap and boost by either buying AP or having a multifaction guild feed ap to one of theirs. Not only do we get weak emps but more often than not they leave the campaign after getting emp without dropping the campaign. I try to push for emp every so often only to get beaten by someone who wasn't even on the leaderboard the day before.

I really wish there was a different way of getting emp (no idk what else could take the current system's place). I really wish there was a way to fix this issue but even if the players get together I highly doubt Zos will change it.

NOTE: Emps who kill the campaign are just ********
    Edited by Bakven on January 23, 2017 5:54AM
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    Ya i suppose for me that is the sad part... it seems either Zos's pvP system in their eyes is working "as intended" or they just plain don't care about the PvP end of things...to busy catering the the PvE end of things and coming up with new ideas for the crown store...either way for me has me in the future checking out a few of the new PvP games coming out...They have an opportunity here to take the top4 spot of "best PvP" game ever from DAOC with a few tweaks for balance... a few tweaks to make sure there is a fight for everyone not just the zerg...It is time for a big PvP update which fixes the lag...spreads the fight out around the map...stops night capping and emp sharing...encourages pride in ones alliance and openly punishes those who cheat....I am hopeful they do this but to be honest it seems unlikely.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just take emp off this campaign, let people keep the health buff.

Then it'll be small scale paradise again when the emp farming guilds leave. I do miss the 5v5 fights around Chal.
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    hmm? A no emp campaign...That could be a great start.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Legion of Death Gaming is looking into leaving Azura's Star and moving to Haderus as our new home soon to help the Daggerfall Covenant there.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vurian97 If you want to help DC on Haderus, don't bring a zerg. Split up into 2 or 3 groups. The only large organized group that runs on Haderus is DIG (AD) and the PUGS follow them. EP has a few small organized groups but the most PUGS, I think. The sheer size of DIGs group basically forces everyone to fight where they choose and nowhere else so it's EP PUG zerg versus AD most of the time. RnR and the other EP guilds try to do their own thing and spread out but when 80 AD are hitting your only ring keep... it's all hands on deck or it's gone.

If DC could effectively hit multiple targets with smaller groups, AD would have to start splitting up (or else lose everything) and it would go a long way toward bringing Haderus back to the small scale, reduced lag campaign that most of the Haderus population wants.

I'm all for there being no emp achieve on Haderus. But it would only shift the emp-farming to Azuras.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    @Vurian97 If you want to help DC on Haderus, don't bring a zerg. Split up into 2 or 3 groups. The only large organized group that runs on Haderus is DIG (AD) and the PUGS follow them. EP has a few small organized groups but the most PUGS, I think. The sheer size of DIGs group basically forces everyone to fight where they choose and nowhere else so it's EP PUG zerg versus AD most of the time. RnR and the other EP guilds try to do their own thing and spread out but when 80 AD are hitting your only ring keep... it's all hands on deck or it's gone.

If DC could effectively hit multiple targets with smaller groups, AD would have to start splitting up (or else lose everything) and it would go a long way toward bringing Haderus back to the small scale, reduced lag campaign that most of the Haderus population wants.

I'm all for there being no emp achieve on Haderus. But it would only shift the emp-farming to Azuras.

I don't think you realize how big Legion of Death Gaming is. We only field 8-12 people on a day-to-day basis. Even then, last night when we play-tested Haderus, it was 20 DC vs 60+ EP at Aleswell for an hour long and then AD nailed BRK which finally gave us a breather. If we move to Haderus, we will be focusing on rebalancing the campaign. Therefore, stopping EP's night-cap crew, training DC players on how to fight outnumbered, as well as just having general fun.

Also: It would be neat to get to fight DIG again. I havn't fought against you all since my EP Blackwater Blade days.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to run 8-12 in Haderus, that will certainly be a good fit. But I've been in Azura's enough recently to know that how many the DC groups claim to run versus how many are actually there is a very different number.

It should be amusing to see you "train" groups like Heals For Beer's and @concegual 's "how to fight outnumbered."
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    last night when we play-tested Haderus, it was 20 DC vs 60+ EP at Aleswell for an hour long and then AD nailed BRK which finally gave us a breather.
    anytime bruh
  • SamTheSwan
    SamTheSwan
    ✭✭
    @Thelon all you do is erg bruh, you run 26k health and fasallas on a mag sorc.
    PC NA
    Magicka Sorc- 'Cadderly

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1isoc1.jpg

bte cadderly you should check out my channel, especially the Hate Tell Edition - you feature quite well therein if I recall correctly
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SamTheSwan wrote: »
    @Thelon all you do is erg bruh, you run 26k health and fasallas on a mag sorc.

It's an awesome build too.
  • SamTheSwan
    SamTheSwan
    ✭✭
    @Thelon that's not me, I don't have any cadderly names w/ accents. Only 'Cadderly and -Cadderly. But I have to admit I enjoyed the video, watching the best of NA.
    Edited by SamTheSwan on February 2, 2017 6:19AM
    PC NA
    Magicka Sorc- 'Cadderly

• concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest 1-2 more 8-12 man dc groups on Haderus would be perfect...
  • okrkas
    okrkas
    ✭✭
    Edited by okrkas on January 17, 2019 5:12AM
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    okrkas wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some more DC on Had. It gets old fighting the same EP over and over.

We visited, we saw, we got zerged. Routed our direction. Multiple AD players tried claiming the need for more smaller groups, but you can't use smaller groups to spread out 1 large group that only runs as 1. If anyone decides to balance the campaign, they need to come in a 24-man because the EP group only runs in a blob, even if multiple targets are hit. They'll go to the closest thing, wipe out the small group there, then to the next, just zerging down all the small group defenders. We had 3 groups of 8-12 each hitting Aleswell, Bleakers, and Chalman the other night and all 3 groups got wiped because they were able to just stream-roll us in a 40-man stacked zerg.

To the AD that keep posting that "Small-Scale" groups should come, you are lying about your own size then, because we keep running into 12+ groups, and that isn't Small-Scale. You want Small-Scale but then you stack your faction against DC when pushing that direction, which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Emp is controlled on haderus and given to those that both dont deserve it and lack skill. It is truely something that should be addressed.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    1isoc1.jpg

bte cadderly you should check out my channel, especially the Hate Tell Edition - you feature quite well therein if I recall correctly

@Thelon
    If I send you hate tells for no discernable reason can I be featured?
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if you impersonate cadderly
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    LoDG decided to take and visit Haderus tonight. It was beyond fun! We were fighting the AD zerg and wiping them at Aleswell, Nikel, and Ash. As soon as that ended, LoM had entered the campaign. That's when it started really cooking up and the map went blue. Exciting night to say the least.

After the map went blue we decided to go play in the Imperial City and found some even better fights there! No siege! No Zergs! Just close-quarter combat! Intense and exciting. We won all of our fights in there until the end when an AD Zerg finally shoved us out.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even get excited about PVP with all the weird activities going on now . Role playing outpost swapping , Emperorship lottery and AP boosting parties . I don't want to get involved in any of that so I'm on PVP hiatus until things get back to normal . I just don't care enough to get upset right now . Maybe after housing grinds settle down , campaigns will get back to normal . Things are just in a really weird place right now unless you want to play TF exclusively . Gives me time to finish max CP anyways I guess .
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I can't even get excited about PVP with all the weird activities going on now . Role playing outpost swapping , Emperorship lottery and AP boosting parties . I don't want to get involved in any of that so I'm on PVP hiatus until things get back to normal . I just don't care enough to get upset right now . Maybe after housing grinds settle down , campaigns will get back to normal . Things are just in a really weird place right now unless you want to play TF exclusively . Gives me time to finish max CP anyways I guess .

I havn't seen outpost swapping, Emperorship lotteries, or AP Boosting in Azura's Star, you may want to take a look at that as your Guest / Home. No-CP is a huge change from playing in CP, but it can be enjoyable and challenging.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haderus has been fun the last few times I played there. I think that campaign is getting better. The community as a whole seems to be overcoming the emp swapping guilds.

This is all for the better. But I ask one thing of all the factions. If you're not going for scrolls do not take the last 2 gate keeps. Gate farming is just rude and drives people away from the campaign.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about emp... nothing special... when I see former emp in a title I think nothing of it... especially low rank people with the title...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Who cares about emp... nothing special... when I see former emp in a title I think nothing of it... especially low rank people with the title...

Anytime I look at a Former Emperor, depending on when they crowned, what faction they crowned on, what campaign they crowned on, all come in to play to decide if they were a 'Worthy Emperor' or not. If you crown on Haderus, I think of you less than say Azura's Star or Trueflame, but it is still an Emperor none-the-less.

If you crowned in Trueflame, you are definitely worthy. If you crown in Azura's Star, it depends on if you night-capped, morning-capped, or what faction you were on.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No exactly true ... seen some zergs emps on Trueflame seriously means little ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    No exactly true ... seen some zergs emps on Trueflame seriously means little ...

It is the most competitive and most populated campaign with equal population almost all day. Any Emperor there is impressive and a feat in its self, even if the player's skill is not.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly EP has been doing this for three years there is a guild that used Home on one campaign and they would come to haderus and one person that would get EMP would home there. Their fellow guildies would come as guest they would take the keeps and get them 50k to get the former EMP buffs we used to get. Then the next person would get it I don't think there was one person in the guild that did not get EMP. These EMP were so bad but they had a few people who would get EMP on the home campaign over and over and over.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »

It is the most competitive and most populated campaign with equal population almost all day. Any Emperor there is impressive and a feat in its self, even if the player's skill is not.

Maybe to you but not me...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables