Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Addons for PS4 and Xbox One?

Aiden_Warren
Many games has addons, but can PS4 and Xbox One support for the addons of ESO?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afaik PS4 and XBox do not support any addons for ESO.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Microsoft and Sony don't want addons on their console.

Now you can ask ZOS to improve its UI option and personalisation.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Pyro117
    Pyro117
    ✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Microsoft and Sony don't want addons on their console.

Now you can ask ZOS to improve its UI option and personalisation.

I am not sure if that is tecnically true. Fallout 4 by Bethesda will be supporting mods on the Consoles. So why couldn't this Bethesda game?
    Edited by Pyro117 on July 21, 2015 7:01PM
  • Drejkol
    Drejkol
    Soul Shriven
    Well... Every time I login to Tamriel on my ps4 I getting a little "msg box thing". "UI Error - user:/SavedVariables/Zo_Ingame.lua:163: unexpected symbol near '>' " so meaby it is possible to apply some addons.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    As we said previously, an addon maker would have 100% chances get banned and have ZOS & MS & Sony lawers claiming some $$ for some paragraphs of theirs eula's

Plus, it's technically *very* hard to do.

So no, it's really a ZOS issue to improve its UI on console.
    We maybe did it for PC, but we can't for console.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Mhylton44142
    Mhylton44142
    ✭✭
    Drejkol wrote: »
    Well... Every time I login to Tamriel on my ps4 I getting a little "msg box thing". "UI Error - user:/SavedVariables/Zo_Ingame.lua:163: unexpected symbol near '>' " so meaby it is possible to apply some addons.

There is a way to clear this out...go into your application saved data section of the PS4, select data in system storage and delete the ESO data. Don't worry, the game is a MMO and all progress is saved on the game servers. You shouldn't lose a thing. This worked for me.
  • SevrenNiarb
    It is not complicated at all. They just need to keep this addon stuff away from Sony & Microsoft.

All they need is a shiny little interface on their ESO website (e.g. account section), with some checkboxes for the addons we want to enable/disable, …

Every time you start the game on your PS4/XBOX the game downloads the config file – done. I also assume that the Addon-API is technical available for console... well it is just an interface that is already available for PC. No rocket science :)

Cheers
  • Aiden_Warren
    Drejkol wrote: »

That gives away the ps4 is a reworked pc port.
  • Rjthakid
    Rjthakid
    ✭✭
    We're over-complicating this. We don't necessarily need 3rd party add-ons. Zenimax themselves can create an alternative and put it in the crown/PSN store. Just let us see numbers. Remaining health/magicka/stamina numbers. Damage/healing numbers. Boss health and percentage numbers.

Put that in the console crown store and watch every serious player buy it on day 1.
  • lolzbuckets
    lolzbuckets
    ✭✭✭
    Or just...make it a toggled setting in the Options menu. The idea that they would charge us for a GUI - not a customized one or anything, just a standard MMO GUI, with data readouts of the sorts that we could largely access ourselves by hitting start - is preposterous.

Almost as preposterous as the idea that it didn't launch with that capability... :P
  • Tharnadar
    Tharnadar
    Soul Shriven
    Rjthakid wrote: »
    We're over-complicating this. We don't necessarily need 3rd party add-ons. Zenimax themselves can create an alternative and put it in the crown/PSN store. Just let us see numbers. Remaining health/magicka/stamina numbers. Damage/healing numbers. Boss health and percentage numbers.

Put that in the console crown store and watch every serious player buy it on day 1.

The idea is good.. but i definitely won't pay a cent to buy an addons... i already bought the game
  • wood1122
    wood1122
    Soul Shriven
    Rjthakid wrote: »

• wood1122
    wood1122
    Soul Shriven
    Absolutely. The skyshards and lore book in game map would also be great
  • WvS_Pendragon
    WvS_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    I would even Pay for some Add-ons on PS4 which i had on PC....

Minimap
    Roomba
    Multi Craft
    MASTER MERCHANT!!!!!
    AwesomeGuildStore
    CraftStore
    Foundry Tactical Combat
    MyXPView
    Some Map AddOns - Skyshards, LostTreasures, LoreBooks, HarvestMap, PublicDungeonChampions ect)
    Shissu's Guild Tools or Thurisaz Guild Info
    Sous Chef
    Flagrick's Durability / FreeSlots+

just to call the ones which i am missing most....

Maybe dear Zenimaxx you can think about implementing some Add-ons (if you need to, whithin the Crown Shop (maybe free use for TESO+ :3 like addons)) on the PS4 (and XBOX)

You even give the PC Players now controllers :) we also want to use Add-ons on our TESO Game

PS4 ~ Verkaufe PA in großen Mengen (Herstellung auf Anfrage)
    • Im Shop - 4.500 Gold je Trank
    • Einzeltrank* - 4.200 Gold je Trank
    • ab 5er Stack* - 4.100 Gold je Trank
    • ab 10er Stack* - 4.000 Gold je Trank
    *Die Preise gelten für direkten Handel oder Vorkasse - wenn ihr die Waren per Nachnahme wünscht, muss ich leider die NN Gebühr berechnen.

PSNID - dracodeus
  • WvS_Pendragon
    WvS_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    Get it out of the deepest parts from the board :3

still want to have an answer <3

How about talking abut it with us, Zenimax?
    *Die Preise gelten für direkten Handel oder Vorkasse - wenn ihr die Waren per Nachnahme wünscht, muss ich leider die NN Gebühr berechnen.

PSNID - dracodeus
  • WvS_Pendragon
    WvS_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting for an official answer.

PSNID - dracodeus
  • xIOrcaIx
    xIOrcaIx
    ✭✭
    Zenimax could also implement most addon´s into the basegame like damage numbers/buff/debuff timers and so on. Would help alot with all the buff recasting and debuffing of enemies.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS likely doesn't want to try to support 3rd party addons themselves for consoles as it would be pretty time consuming and you need input from the authors. I don't know how it works for Fallout 4 though.
  • Handel1685
    Handel1685
    Soul Shriven
    Maybe ZOS need to do themself so we dont violate the EULA?
  • Gymirian
    Gymirian
    Soul Shriven
    Zenimax themselves can create an alternative and put it in the crown/PSN store. Just let us see numbers. Remaining health/magicka/stamina numbers. Damage/healing numbers. Boss health and percentage numbers.

I agree!!!!
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only add on's I want to see, are timer bars for DoT's, HoT's, Buffs, and Debuffs.

The guessing game drives me insane, and causes me to waste resources when I have to refresh things early.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • dposdb14_ESO
    dposdb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Zos said buff timers/icons were coming at some point but has had no mention of when. Maybe if we're lucky @ZOS_GinaBruno or any of the others could add some clarity as to when this might happen?
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Be nice if it's coming with homestead. However for add ons I'd sure love the lorebook and sky shard ones.
  • atakanaydin
    atakanaydin
    Soul Shriven
    We need addons on PS4. Pleasee!!!!!!!
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like 2019 is going to be The Year of the Necromancers!
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."