The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting on consoles is terrible

Malorey45738
Malorey45738
✭✭✭
Hello,
Crafting in this game is horrible on consoles. All the problems people bring up are often solved by PC addons, but consoles don't have those solutions and are left with terrible systems. Not being able to see the writ when you're crafting, not knowing if items are being deconstructed from your bank or from your inv, no filters to sort items by their traits or armour type makes research and deconstruction a complete nightmare. Are there going to be any improvements made to console crafting in the future?
  • Vahx
    Vahx
    This isn't a crafting specific problem, its a inventory management system problem (or lack of a system).

Elder scrolls has always had its inventory as a plain list.
    For a company that has created such wonderful games, its disappointing that they never developed a decent inventory system that can be used throughout all their games.

Even Skyrim had mods so that people would have a more decent inventory screen to navigate in.
  • Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is a pity. Even a tiny thing like the PC version has where you have a small icon next to your items to indicate whether they come from your bank or inv. would be great or at least have the inventory sorted the same as the bank where items are grouped into categories.

I really don't like to complain as a new player, but I'm at the stage where I'm not really looking forward to playing because I know I'm gonna have to sit down with a pen and paper and work out manually what I can safely deconstruct.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because I know I'm gonna have to sit down with a pen and paper and work out manually what I can safely deconstruct.

They recently introduced Item Locking so that you can protect items from Decon, Improvement, and Vendoring. Probably research too but I learned my traits a long time ago. Try that and you should not have to worry anymore.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    because I know I'm gonna have to sit down with a pen and paper and work out manually what I can safely deconstruct.

They recently introduced Item Locking so that you can protect items from Decon, Improvement, and Vendoring. Probably research too but I learned my traits a long time ago. Try that and you should not have to worry anymore.

^This.^
  • Kothenbeutel
    Kothenbeutel
    Soul Shriven
    when your deconstructing there is an icon near the item name that will either be a "chest" or a "bag". the chest icon means its in your bank and the bag icon means its in your inventory.
    PS4 NA - Online name: DuhWob
    Stamblade - Bow/2H - #1 - 30K+ dps
    MagSorc - Destro/Resto - PVP
    MagPlar - SB/SB - Dungeon/Trials Tank/Healer
    MagDK - Destro/Resto - VMA
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    Hello,
    Crafting in this game is horrible on consoles. All the problems people bring up are often solved by PC addons, but consoles don't have those solutions and are left with terrible systems. Not being able to see the writ when you're crafting, not knowing if items are being deconstructed from your bank or from your inv, no filters to sort items by their traits or armour type makes research and deconstruction a complete nightmare. Are there going to be any improvements made to console crafting in the future?

huh
    1) Not being able to see the writ when you're crafting - if you can't remember a few items, that a you problem. really not a big deal.
    2) not knowing if items are being deconstructed from your bank or from your inv. - you are able to (on the items your going to deconstructing there either a bank icon or bag icon.
    3) yes i agree. but ez to get around by Locking item that you are able to research and unlock them when it's time to research it.
  • Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Thank you, I didn't know that. That will help. Also I see now where those little icons appear for bank and inv. bag, so that will help too. :smiley:

• Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    I switched to PC.....sooo much better! :smile:
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I switched to PC.....sooo much better! :smile:

Now that you're on PC, check out the mod called Research Assistant. It will make your researching/deconstructing game so much easier. QoL went way up with this addon.
  • Malorey45738
    Malorey45738
    ✭✭✭
    It was one of the first I added and it is a joy now to deconstruct items :smiley: