The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If they get it right

ClassicIX
ClassicIX
So the way I see it they still don't listen to the community about 99% of the things in terms of balance, I can understand somewhat because of how toxic this community is and even this first line will trigger half of the people. However if they get it right with the morrwind expansion, if they balance the classes properly and take out all of the dumb fluffed up ideas that made the classes unbalanced to begin with (assuming they don't make the warden completely overpowered, which lets face it they will) then the game will be in a healthy and good growing state.

I'm talking nerfs to magic damage over all, the still needed nerfs to proc sets, in a pvp situation, a reintroduction of medium armor as being the go to for stam instead of unkillable tanks with heavy, they nerfs to snares/ cool downs on roots, like the cc immunity that we get from stuns, and a few minor adjustments like how half the abilities in the game go through roll dodge now which makes medium even more unviable. if they can fix these issues which sound like a lot but really one decently sized patch can fix these issues then I would give a strong argument that Zenimax's community will be happier, PvP will flourish, PvE will still be PvE and maybe they will get back all the PvP players they lost over the past years will all the extremely poorly rolled out patch after patch that they did.

All and all I, as is everyone else, am very excited for 6/6/17 however I'm not excited for the battleground because I know how poorly the PvP in this game is and hopefully they can fix the much needed and neglected class and sets.

Oh and a reminder before everyone types L2P, try to open world without black rose or heavy armor on a stam build rn and tell me that the game is balanced, or fight a magic build with destro/grothdar in medium armor and still say it's a L2P. Keep in mind these things will not be touched in the next patch except the few changes to heavy and the laughable nerf to destro. These are still problems that need to be fixed before the 4v4v4 battle grounds become a sorc times 12 destro spam fest. Enough said hopefully Zenimax can swallow their pride and accept advice from the their community, the part that isn't bias or toxic, so that this patch can make this game both PvE and PvP fun for everyone.

Sincerely,
Classic
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    They did nerf proc sets. Now it means that you will still get ganked from sneak because they neverv needed to crit in order to proc all 3 together, which is the so-hard-for-them-to-realize-problem, and add massive damage to your heavy strike :relieved:
    Edited by AlexTech0x on January 31, 2017 10:59PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They talk about your concerns in the 1/27 ESO live...maybe check that out.

And remember, one player's "balance" is another's imbalance. There are plenty who are screaming to nerf the stamblade's surprise attack plus ambush plus vipers sting. So they nerf that, and stamblades will scream that magplars are hard to kill because of spammable heals and Jesus beam. So they nerf that and magplars say they can't take down a DK. So they nerf that...

And hey, life is imbalanced. Rich people don't pay parking fines and poor people get shot by cops. If a magplar kills me in pvp because...yes...Jesus beam is quite annoying...it's a game.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drugs are bad, mmk
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open world combat are for heavyarmour. Big battles going head to head on a field. You dont want to use medium armour for that do you? No, medium armour should be used for terrain with rocks, trees and so forth, where u can kite, rolldodge, hide. where your speed and agility can be used to its fullest. And we who have endured with medium during this Heavy armour meta and used every trick in the book to survive will be really slippery next patch. out of combat 6 secs. cloak fixed. bugged sets taking us out of stealth fixed. Im actually looking forward to housing just because of this. going in and out of combat will be lot easier, cloaking away will be lot easier. sneaking and stealthing will be lot easier. miat addon removed on top of that. im not sure ppl realise whats waiting em. if they are annoyed of sneaky NBs now it will be nothing compared to how it will be when our core skills actually working as intended. You will be glad if u actually see me at all next patch, a glimpse here and there.
    Edited by Glamdring on February 1, 2017 7:38AM