The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ugh Warden Horse Training

BruceLeeroy91
BruceLeeroy91
✭✭✭
I know it's making plenty rounds on the forums, but I do hope we get a class change token simply so I can avoid horse training lol. I will start a character now to have full training ready by June if I can get a class change come the expansion.

But alas, either way I am very excited for today's announcement!!!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh you know they're gonna make ppl play it at least at first

But there's hope on the mounts for QoL updates for sure with a new class
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it's making plenty rounds on the forums, but I do hope we get a class change token simply so I can avoid horse training lol. I will start a character now to have full training ready by June if I can get a class change come the expansion.

Horse Training ? That is almost no problem. Same with going to level 50.
    What IS a problem is gathering all skill points, skyshards, titles, achievements, grinding skill lines (werewolf / vamp, undaunted, alliance war, guilds, crafting etc) motives and the list goes on...

The only way I see it to have this class on a main character is to... create a second main character and waste 1 year to unlock those things.. *cries* :'(

Unless ZOS will introduce some class change token...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 31, 2017 10:59PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Horse Training ? That is almost no problem.
    Except that it takes 180 days to do...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Or costs 18,000 Crowns to upgrade all Mount skills.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

or a pile of crowns.
  • Arkadius
    Arkadius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kai Schober confirmed changing class won't be possible.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how non-casuals complain that the game is being dumbed down so carebears don't have to put so much time to get to 50, but then when a new class is introduced they want a class change option so they don't have to level from scratch.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how non-casuals complain that the game is being dumbed down so carebears don't have to put so much time to get to 50, but then when a new class is introduced they want a class change option so they don't have to level from scratch.

I fail to see where you are drawing a conclusion on them being non-casuals?

I play pretty hardcore when work allows for it, have nearly 3000 hours in game

I think a class change token would be horrible. Rather than casual vs. non-casual.. how about just lazy?

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt they would give a class change. I don't think any game does this.

That would be annoying anytime a class is perceived over powered people are gonna class hop and stuff.

It would be nice if they made achievements/titles account wide, that would solve a lot of issues.

Getting skills up isn't to hard, it just happens when you level and by level 50 if you do it right all your class skills and at least 2 weapons should be 50.

And skill points aren't to bad too, if your not crafting on a character, by the time you hit 50 youll have enough points for your combat build and can get points at your leisure if you want to do more.
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind leveling from scratch, I do object to the horse speed though, I train horses before I level . I'd be ok with if a slot I delete kept the same mount upgrades as the deleted characters. Seems a tradgedy to delete a maxed mount.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those "Casuals" are the ones that make the game running you know... The are majority of players. And usually people who have job & money. They just don't have much time to play and grind. Insted of time - they have money. That is sad truth.

time-money-energy-Chart.jpg

Like I said. Getting to level 50 is a peace of cake. Training mount riding ? Just push a button once per day.
    Creating a second main character (gathering all skill points, skyshards, titles, achievements, grinding skill lines (werewolf / vamp, undaunted, alliance war, guilds, crafting etc) motives and the list goes on)

Pain in the a**
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for bringing a painful memory
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_naxuheSThU1tcsgn2o1_1280.gif
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Horse Training ? That is almost no problem. Same with going to level 50.
    What IS a problem is gathering all skill points, skyshards, titles, achievements, grinding skill lines (werewolf / vamp, undaunted, alliance war, guilds, crafting etc) motives and the list goes on...

The only way I see it to have this class on a main character is to... create a second main character and waste 1 year to unlock those things.. *cries* :'(

Unless ZOS will introduce some class change token...

I can level a character to 50, gather 90 % of all skill points/skyshards in a few days. Blacksmithing, clother and woodworking can all be done at the same time in about a month. Provisioning can be done in an hour and a half if you have recipes (easily gotten if you dont) and ingredients (you have them if you've got eso+).

It takes 6 months to level a horse. Horse leveling time IS the biggest problem.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Lol wowsers at all of the off topic bogus...there is no grind to training your horse hahaha I'm not complaining about a grind, or complaining at all. I embrace the grind, I even said I would start a toon now just to keep at lvl 3 and train said horse and then grind in a warden, I'm just not looking forward to literally crawling around the with the new character for two months until I can have speed up, let alone all training.
    Edited by BruceLeeroy91 on February 1, 2017 12:33AM
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only problem with horse training is leveling it has no basis in effort as it is just a gated time wall that no amount of effort can overcome, though the horse training can be bypassed with real life cash (which I find kind of a scummy practice).

Same for researching traits - just a huge gated time wall that exists for no purpose other than to keep new players from being able to craft anything useful for months.

Both should have some sort of game play options that allow players to expend effort in exchange for removing / reducing the time gates.
    Edited by Dawnblade on February 1, 2017 12:48AM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont need a horse, ride your bear...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."