The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Simple solution for ESO+ members complaining about the Upgrade.

andreasranasen
andreasranasen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I see quite a lot of people complaining about Morrowind won't be included in your ESO+ membership. The solution is SIMPLE. Don't sub for three months! Congratulations, you have now saved $44.97 :)

Joke aside, $39.99 for an upgrade is very cheap for so much content coming with Morrowind.
Edited by andreasranasen on January 31, 2017 11:48PM
#VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
  • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
  • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $40 USD. Sure, great, if you're only being charged $40 that is 3 months.

Other countries have different currencies, here for instance it'll be $60 for the basic upgrade, that's 4 months, not 3.

I could buy a whole other game with many new zones to explore, verses 1 little zone with 30 hours of content.
    Edited by NovaShadow on January 31, 2017 11:52PM
    PC NA - EPHS
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    $40 USD. Sure, great, if you're only being charged $40 that is 3 months.

Other countries have different currencies, here for instance it'll be $60 for the basic upgrade, that's 4 months, not 3.

I could buy a whole other game with many new zones to explore, verses 1 little zone with 30 hours of content.

Well you have 4 months to go until launch! Save up lol
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 31, 2017 11:54PM
  • ReCreare
    ReCreare
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't WoW do this all the time?
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ReCreare wrote: »

I believe wow charges for expansions
    So does Guild Wars 2.
    ESO + is just a perk that incl smaller DLC's. But this is an expansion, an extension to the game with 300h worth of gameplay. $39.99 is an investment if you love this game. If you can afford a PC to be able to run ESO or a console you can afford saving $39.99 over four months lol
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 1, 2017 12:03AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you penalize yourself for something the devs did?
    Even easier fix, take care of loyal customers and work with them on the price (crowns purchase,discount,etc).
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Even easier fix, take care of loyal customers and work with them on the price (crowns purchase,discount,etc).

You seriously can't save $10 a month for the next four months? I don't see the big deal.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you may have the wrong end of the proverbial stick here
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW:
    A behemoth of a established product.
    Content updates are often larger than other games.
    Has had a consistent subscription policy with virtually no change in practising, barring a few price changes and additions here and there.
    Player base is also enormous in comparrison to other game communities.
    Its been their standard practice since day one.

ESO:
    Medium Established product.
    Content updates have been medium to small sized.
    Subscription practice has changed multiple times due to changing business model from P2P to B2P.
    Player base is medium sized.
    Expansions (large DLC's as a modern day practice not included boxed) has never been their standard as history has shown since day one.

In reflection. WoW is a horrible choice to use an a defence of this circumstance.

(cant really say if you were mentioning WoW as a defence or just asking because it sounds logical - either way no ill will towards you ^^)
    Edited by xeNNNNN on February 1, 2017 12:09AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see quite a lot of people complaining about Morrowind won't be included in your ESO+ membership. The solution is SIMPLE. Don't sub for three months! Congratulations, you have now saved $44.97 :)

Joke aside, $39.99 for an upgrade is very cheap for so much content coming with Morrowind.

Oh really.. so much content?

Eso+ Orsinium 20 hours comes with eso+
    all game trials free

Eso+ Morrowind 30 hours.. have to pay an extra 40 to use...

Please explain the "so much content coming with Morrowind"

3 skill trees, 3 battle ground maps and a trial with almost the same content time as Orsinium.... sorry but that's not a huge amount of content.

Think about it this way... look at the content you get with the base game you paid 60 bucks for.. 300 hours of content and 4 class's, 10 weapon skill tress, 2 guild skill trees...

Morrowind, 30 hours of content 1 class... for 40 bucks..
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I also get a refund for the last several months when I paid for access to quarterly DLC that never came because they had diverted the resources to Morrowind?

If not, it's not a solution.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 1, 2017 12:17AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »

all game trials free

3 skill trees, 3 battle ground maps and a trial with almost the same content time as Orsinium.... sorry but that's not a huge amount of content.

Think about it this way... look at the content you get with the base game you paid 60 bucks for.. 300 hours of content and 4 class's, 10 weapon skill tress, 2 guild skill trees...

Again, no one is forcing you to pay for a SUB. You just sound entitled. You could save your sub money and invest it in this new expansion. No one is forcing you.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

You seriously can't save $10 a month for the next four months? I don't see the big deal.

FB_IMG_1473574678784_zpsvnj2wg9e.jpg
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A week after this expac comes out, all the people hyped about it, will be complaining about the lack of content.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    A week after this expac comes out, all the people hyped about it, will be complaining about the lack of content.

That's normal :) People do that about anything.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is cheap compared to tickets to a concert and the concert is only going to be if you are lucky three hours. It's four movies. Near the same price as eight games of miniature golf. If you visit Colorado it is about the same price as a quarter ounce of decent pot.

Looks like a bargain to me for the amount of entertainment (providing it isn't buggy as #^#%) provided.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So now we are trying to be like WoW? I thought we were a different kind of MMO. Guess not eh?

Anyway Ive already stopped my sub. Because as pointed out if i do decide to get morrwind by the time it lands i will have saved the money for it.

As pointed out if, as you claim there is so much content in it, i will probably save a couple months afterwards of sub since i will be so busy with morrowind. I figure this move alone may save me 3-12 months of subs. Depends on how lazy they are after the xpac. Past experience says pretty lazy.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on February 1, 2017 12:28AM
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭

all game trials free

Again, no one is forcing you to pay for a SUB. You just sound entitled. You could save your sub money and invest it in this new expansion. No one is forcing you.

Please read the whole post before you post and make yourself look the fool....

PS: read the last parts when comparing base price of the game and content vs the price of the dlc and content.
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

all game trials free

Please read the whole post before you post and make yourself look the fool....

PS: read the last parts when comparing base price of the game and content vs the price of the dlc and content.

Sorry, far from a fool. If you want to be rude, i have a report button in the bottom right of my screen thanks. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Don't come and complain because you cannot get your priorities right. Don't sub and save your money instead. Simple.

If $40 concerns you so much you shouldn't be playing a video game. ESO is not the first MMO out there charging for an expansion.
    Edited by andreasranasen on February 1, 2017 12:51AM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price isn't the issue.

The issue is that people feel misled. When the game went B2P, we we were told that the subscription would cover all future DLC, which would be released quarterly - in fact, this was the main selling point of the subscription. The fact that this has changed has upset many people who were subscribing in good faith that they would eventually get the content they were paying for monthly. (It will have been 9 months without paid dlc by the time morrowind comes out).

It gives the feeling that although we've been loyal to ESO by funding it regularly (many of us buying additional crowns), ZOS has not been loyal to us by keeping their side of the bargain.

For those that say that "It's an expansion, not DLC", I have several arguments.
    1. Actually, ZOS aren't calling it an expansion, and in the livestream, they were uncomfortable when the word was brought up. They're calling it a "Chapter"... whatever that is. But it's still content that is downloadable.
    2. On the Playstation Store, for example, there is a section for games, and a section for DLCs. There is no section for "Expansions".
    3. The following are the first lines of wikipedia for Downloadable content and Expansion Pack. They seem VERY similar:
      wikipedia wrote: »
      Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game
      An expansion pack, expansion set, supplement, or simply expansion is an addition to an existing role-playing game, tabletop game or video game.

I think that £30 /$40 is a reasonable price for a large DLC. I mean... you could get ALL of Fallout 4's DLC for less than that... but still, it's not too bad.

I'm going to preorder (the cheapest version) when it becomes available on PS4. But my subscription will no longer renew - so ZOS will actually have gotten less money from me by the time it is released than if I had kept subbing...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a subber and will continue to sub but I won't be complaining about buying the expansion in fact bring it on,, still so hyped :smiley:
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem is not the cost, its the principle of advertising ESO Plus as giving access to all DLC then changing it.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    The price isn't the issue.

The issue is that people feel misled. When the game went B2P, we we were told that the subscription would cover all future DLC, which would be released quarterly - in fact, this was the main selling point of the subscription. The fact that this has changed has upset many people who were subscribing in good faith that they would eventually get the content they were paying for monthly. (It will have been 9 months without paid dlc by the time morrowind comes out).

It gives the feeling that although we've been loyal to ESO by funding it regularly (many of us buying additional crowns), ZOS has not been loyal to us by keeping their side of the bargain.

For those that say that "It's an expansion, not DLC", I have several arguments.
    1. Actually, ZOS aren't calling it an expansion, and in the livestream, they were uncomfortable when the word was brought up. They're calling it a "Chapter"... whatever that is. But it's still content that is downloadable.
    2. On the Playstation Store, for example, there is a section for games, and a section for DLCs. There is no section for "Expansions".
    3. The following are the first lines of wikipedia for Downloadable content and Expansion Pack. They seem VERY similar:
      Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game
      An expansion pack, expansion set, supplement, or simply expansion is an addition to an existing role-playing game, tabletop game or video game.

I think that £30 /$40 is a reasonable price for a large DLC. I mean... you could get ALL of Fallout 4's DLC for less than that... but still, it's not too bad.

I'm going to preorder (the cheapest version) when it becomes available on PS4. But my subscription will no longer renew - so ZOS will actually have gotten less money from me by the time it is released than if I had kept subbing...

Exactly.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you could get ALL of Fallout 4's DLC for less than that... but still, it's not too bad.

My Fallout 4 Season Pass purchased at Fallout 4 launch would like to have words with you.
  • Preypacer
    Preypacer
    ✭✭

I'm an ESO+ member and I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Of course, I consider $40 to be fine, as well, for the non-CE version.

I don't understand all the outrage over this. But then maybe that's because I've always understood the difference between "paying a sub" and "buying a major expansion".

People saying "it's just DLC but we have to pay more", as though it's some kind of cash-grab, are making an awful lot of assumptions, and seem borderline conspiracy-theorist in the conclusions they're blindly leaping to.

Expansions deliver *far* more content than DLC. In many cases, they deliver the equivalent of a stand-alone game, or near to it. Further, to believe that what Zenimax have revealed is *all* there will be to the expansion is, well.. kinda silly, to be honest. There's several months yet, and there's certainly more they will reveal, not to mention surprises they want to leave for players to discover themselves when they get to play it.

Now, if Morrowind ends up being little more than a "slightly larger DLC", then sure... harsh words will be justified. But to start jumping on them already, when we know so little about it, is really kinda ridiculous.

Anyway... Paying a sub and buying the expansion separately is perfectly fine to me.
    Edited by Preypacer on February 1, 2017 2:34AM
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh gee, that sucks. DLCs are way too expensive when converted to my coin. You first worlders win again.
    Edited by Ravena on February 1, 2017 2:31AM
  • wiz12268b14_ESO
    wiz12268b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    "Best" compromise...sell it in the crown store, that way subscribers will get it for their sub. More or less. Of course they have to use those crowns to pay for it but the long time subscribers who were supposed to get 4 DLCs per year for subbing once the game went B2P wouldnt have to pull more cash out of their pockets for it.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »

you could get ALL of Fallout 4's DLC for less than that... but still, it's not too bad.

My Fallout 4 Season Pass purchased at Fallout 4 launch would like to have words with you.

@AlMcFly in the UK, Morrowind DLC Upgrade= £30, Fallout 4 Season Pass (@ launch) £25.

The season pass did go up to £40 after 4 months, but it's back down again now I think.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭

all game trials free

It's all about the crafting bag - no one that has it wants to lose it, it is like an addiction - Zen knew exactly what they were doing when they make it ESO+ exclusive.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did you one better and unsubbed two accounts until Morrowwind release. And likely beyond. My savings is much more than 44.97 even just taking the 5 months between now and June into account.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • catsgomeow
    catsgomeow
    ✭✭✭
    This is double dipping, im cancelling my sub if it no longer covers future content, i will use the saved crowns to purchase the present dlc's to cover myself, you greedy greedy little ******.... They know damn well the sub should cover this as per promised, you cheeky little money grubbers.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !