Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is it with ZOS and forcing pets on us???

S1ipperyJim
S1ipperyJim
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone knows ZOS is constantly focussing on tweaking pets so players use them even though most of the time they are super lame, now we have a new class whose main feature which is apparently an ulti is...wait for it...a pet. Why ZOS, why? Couldn't you at least move the pet skill tree from sorc over to Warden and make them a dedicated pet class so sorcs can have a useful third skill tree?
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bear will be part of one skill line. And since it is an ultimate you will not be forced to use it. 2 other class skill lines to use for an ulti.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Olern
    Olern
    ✭✭✭
    Force? You DO know you don't have to play that class, right?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me which ZOS employee is holding a gun to your head forcing you to use it, and I'll have a word with them.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olern wrote: »

^ This.

We don't even know what the Warden class is about in terms of other skills and ultimates.

• AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone knows ZOS is constantly focussing on tweaking pets so players use them even though most of the time they are super lame, now we have a new class whose main feature which is apparently an ulti is...wait for it...a pet. Why ZOS, why? Couldn't you at least move the pet skill tree from sorc over to Warden and make them a dedicated pet class so sorcs can have a useful third skill tree?

There's that word again, "force". I think ZOS is forgetting the fact that they are playing a videogame that belongs to you...and not the other way around. /s
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is in cahoots with the ASPCA, obviously.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My research shows that about 50% of all active accounts have never activated a pet so I'm not sure why they'd think that any player would ever want more of them.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree with ya and said long ago they should have removed pets from sorcs (to mages guild tree) but Zos likes them because zero skill is involved. It's one reason why you see many new players picking sorc as their first character.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a pet sorc frequently. And they're quite good.
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Rule 34.
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden says: "If you don't like it, you can bear off!" :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some very good sorc pet builds to be fair, but the fact remains ZOS have a clear pro-pet agenda which they are insidiously imposing on the innocent citizens of Tamriel

• S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

^ This.

We don't even know what the Warden class is about in terms of other skills and ultimates.

We do know it will be nature based stuff. Yuck.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some very good sorc pet builds to be fair, but the fact remains ZOS have a clear pro-pet agenda which they are insidiously imposing on the innocent citizens of Tamriel

I think it has more to do with the fact that conjuring, pets, and companions have always been lore friendly in the ES franchise
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We will see. I just hope this new class will be balanced (and not OP). Otherwise it will be a "must have" class for PvP.
    So.. If it will be OP, and If you are PvP player - then yes - it is some sort of "forcing".
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This.

Pet tree, frost tree, heal tree. So... like a sorc dipped in green jello and left at the back of the fridge.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

wtf who wouldn't want a freaking bear to follow them everywhere its awsome lol
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My research shows that about 50% of all active accounts have never activated a pet so I'm not sure why they'd think that any player would ever want more of them.

But you don't do stats the way ZOS does stats.

ZOS counts every sorcerer class that has ever unlocked a pet in order to advance the Daedric Summoning Skill line as a pet user.

If you are Daedric Summoning lvl 50, you must be a pet user. That is how ZOS does stats.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, force.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wtf who wouldn't want a freaking bear to follow them everywhere its awsome lol

You mean another freaking bear in addition to my bear cub pet who runs alongside me while I ride my bear mount?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/63450983.jpg
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^ This.

We do know it will be nature based stuff. Yuck.

I am still excited about it, it's something different and a style of magic not really touched by ES lore yet (to my knowledge).

^ This.

Pet tree, frost tree, heal tree. So... like a sorc dipped in green jello and left at the back of the fridge.

lol, mold never hurt anyone... then again maybe that's a bad thing in this case?
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh god another whiny post about how ENTITLED you are. what he is really is saying is please nerf X skills that needed balancing so I can win. too lazy to L2P. its not like you can't kill them or anything. WHOA imagaine that actually using so form of skill in this game. holy crap thats just so crazy
    Edited by Gothren on February 1, 2017 12:24AM
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »

oh god another whiny post about how ENTITLED you are. what he is really is saying is please nerf X skills that needed balancing so I can win. too lazy to L2P

Whining about whining. I like your meta irony.

Unless of course, you're being serious? If so, pets need buffing not nerfing, currently they are weak sauce and only appeal to the inner cat lady in all of us.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »

oh god another whiny post about how ENTITLED you are. what he is really is saying is please nerf X skills that needed balancing so I can win. too lazy to L2P

Whining about whining. I like your meta irony.

Unless of course, you're being serious? If so, pets need buffing not nerfing, currently they are weak sauce and only appeal to the inner cat lady in all of us.

they are actually almost balanced. very close to actually. a few more changes and then it will be balanced
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before warden they didn't have enough pet classes,I just think they were in the wrong class.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Before warden they didn't have enough pet classes,I just think they were in the wrong class.
    I personally think they should give the Game Warden the pet skill line from Sorcs and give the Frost skill line to Sr
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see if they add any kind of pet controls and / or a pet frame to the UI to allow for true pet management, if so, it could be great...

...if not and we have to rely on the derpy AI with no way to even see our pets health then I think I'll pass (and no using a pet isn't 'forced'), just like I do with sorc pets.
    Edited by Dawnblade on February 1, 2017 12:40AM
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eh... I'm going to give this one a 3/10.

I really don't feel sufficiently trolled by this thread. >:)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The old warden class from the early beta was pet heavy and i'm glad to see it come back.

I just hope they fixed all the bugs that made it pretty much unplayable back then ...
    shades.gif
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

The old warden class from the early beta was pet heavy and i'm glad to see it come back.

I just hope they fixed all the bugs that made it pretty much unplayable back then ...
    shades.gif

They should, they've had 3 years to do so...

Then again,... :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC