Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A little math for the suits over Zeni

Tipsy247
Tipsy247
✭✭✭
I am not alone in believing that ESO+ members should without a doubt have access to Morrowind. We were promised. It is wrong, and many will unsubscribe because of it. I presume that nobody will subscribe again until September of this year as that is when we would expect the Q3 DLC (and that is assuming we wont be paying for that additionally as well). September is 8 months away. Basic arithmetic here so try to keep up. 8 * 14.99 = $119.92 That is $119.92 that you would get from me if Morrowind was free to ESO+. However, I will only be spending $40 now. 119.92 - 40 = $79.92. You will be missing out on $79.92 in profit from me alone. $79.92 * number of your lost subs = the lost profit. It gets worse when you add in all of the subs previously lost and who won't be coming back due to two quarters with free DLC non-exclusive to ESO+.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said they will be getting back to us tomorrow on plus and the expansion issue.. so maybe there will be other perks for having plus and having to pay for morrowind.. but I agree it does seem pretty cheap to cut that out of the plus.. as they will get more over a year from a sub then a one time pay content...
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where have we heard this before... "many will unsubscribe"... and here we are months later and ESO is still going strong, better than ever I'd say. Also consider that most people subscribe for the Crafting Bags, not just for DLCs... and most won't unsubscribe because the crafting bag is extremely important to them. I personally have no complaints about paying for a huge new expansive 'chapter' every couple of years.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind paying for the expansion or the subscription. I wish that is how it worked all the time. Yearly Expansions and A subscription fee. A classic mmorpg business model.

But I'd like to see the crown store drastically reduced in prices as a result
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    They said they will be getting back to us tomorrow on plus and the expansion issue.. so maybe there will be other perks for having plus and having to pay for morrowind.. but I agree it does seem pretty cheap to cut that out of the plus.. as they will get more over a year from a sub then a one time pay content...

Considering everyone's bundling in and pre-ordering regardless of sub I think they're going to have their cake and eat it on this one.
    I do wonder what compensation would be should they add some, as giving free access now would be a nightmare for the accounts team sorting those refunds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downvote. I don't remember ever seeing a promise that ESO+ members will get all future Expansions for free.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    Downvote. I don't remember ever seeing a promise that ESO+ members will get all future Expansions for free.

When is a DLC not a DLC? When it's an "expansion".
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basic math for you and a basic understanding

You were promised technically under Tamriel Unlimited that ESO plus would give you access to dlc.
    You were not promised that expansions would be given AND whose to say you won't have access to dlc that will continue?

Explanation part 2:

Why do you assume that ZOS needs more money for your sub and others?

Perhaps using the crown store, they better understand that outright purchases are more realistic and are occurring more so than ESO plus subs.

Also realize that all everyone is doing...making assumptions and overreacting you don't have the details but let's "assume" you're right.

So what! It's at most $39 which if you sub, it's just over 2 Months. Just stop your sub or don't sub at renewal and buy the expansion. You're paying more for less so you should be happy!

The other part is that the dlc model is overcharging ppl cause it's not 1500-2500 or even 5500 per dlc.

It's double because you have to either keep your sub or buy two and three times the crowns to play on either server per platform.

All dlc should've come this way from day one.
    I'm glad they've realized they were screening up stuff and hopefully you who still sub will get dlc between now and then but if not....is a sub really that important?

I don't think so unless you're one of those who have to have a crafting bag
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 31, 2017 11:24PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where were you at Tamriel Unlimited release?
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they choose to label it such. Also this has a lot more in work in it and a physical release.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much most MMOs i have played over the years has a sub fee and when an expansion comes out you have to still buy an expansion. I know some things in MMOs have changed like free to play but subs never in any MMO i have played allowed you to get expansions for free. To me this is normal. The whole Eso plus this is just a marketing tool to sound good. Its just a sub.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another assumption

Perhaps Morrowind was copywritten to Xbox and PC so they had to release an expansion because this was talked about and shown in a short video in 2013.

In closed alpha the warden was talked about but we never got access as I was in the closed beta and not closed alpha.

The presentation had a Pc and Xbox one box but while it's being marketed for PS4, it seemed they were favoring pc and Xbox because that's their original install base

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I want a 20 year old game that wasn't that good to start with.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much most MMOs i have played over the years has a sub fee and when an expansion comes out you have to still buy an expansion. I know some things in MMOs have changed like free to play but subs never in any MMO i have played allowed you to get expansions for free. To me this is normal. The whole Eso plus this is just a marketing tool to sound good. Its just a sub.

SWTOR gives each released "chapter" to their subs, and you get to keep the ones you have accrued so far even if you cancel your sub.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Where have we heard this before... "many will unsubscribe"... and here we are months later and ESO is still going strong, better than ever I'd say. Also consider that most people subscribe for the Crafting Bags, not just for DLCs... and most won't unsubscribe because the crafting bag is extremely important to them. I personally have no complaints about paying for a huge new expansive 'chapter' every couple of years.

ESO is not doing better than ever, it just seems that way because IT MADE you see the other 2/3s of the player base you never saw.
  • OOJIMMY
    OOJIMMY
    ✭✭✭

You were promised technically under Tamriel Unlimited that ESO plus would give you access to dlc.
    You were not promised that expansions would be given AND whose to say you won't have access to dlc that will continue?

Explanation part 2:

Perhaps using the crown store, they better understand that outright purchases are more realistic and are occurring more so than ESO plus subs.

Also realize that all everyone is doing...making assumptions and overreacting you don't have the details but let's "assume" you're right.

So what! It's at most $39 which if you sub, it's just over 2 Months. Just stop your sub or don't sub at renewal and buy the expansion. You're paying more for less so you should be happy!

The other part is that the dlc model is overcharging ppl cause it's not 1500-2500 or even 5500 per dlc.

It's double because you have to either keep your sub or buy two and three times the crowns to play on either server per platform.

I'm glad they've realized they were screening up stuff and hopefully you who still sub will get dlc between now and then but if not....is a sub really that important?

It's 30 for all the dlc right now. They are losing money.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty standard in the industry that smaller content updates are DLCs and larger ones are expansions. This even is a boxed release. This is an expansion to the game.

You're still getting what you paid for with ESO+:
    Access to all DLC Game Packs available in the Crown Store as long as ESO Plus™ membership is current.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Xinthisis
    Xinthisis
    ✭✭✭✭

I guess zos is gonna mail everyone that purchases the "Expansion" a disc that you have to run while playing ESO since it wont be "Downloadable content".

This is criminal.
    "What happens in ESO, stays in ESO"

"Dont mind me."

"Xin knows"

"Yup"

-YT-
  • King_Ziltoid
    King_Ziltoid
    Soul Shriven

eso-plus.jpg
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's $39 for an upgrade! Like cmon -_-
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 31, 2017 11:44PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That craft bag is pretty sweet, though. It's the reason I started subscribing, and I don't want to give it up.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am eso plus and just preordered
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is already pretty generous with their sub. The fact they give 1500 crowns with your sub on top of all the other perks is great. I think most games would just give you access to the content and you still gotta buy crowns separately if you want cash shop stuff. The crowns themselves have gone on sale multiple times already so you could even stock up if you wanted or just buy all the current dlc cheaply.

And you have 5 months to save up money if its an issue.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOJIMMY wrote: »

Explanation part 2:

It's 30 for all the dlc right now. They are losing money.

@OOJIMMY

All of you keep assuming you know what's what.

The dlc game pack bundles typically sold for 3500-5500 crowns that included mounts and pets. The gold dlc game pack sales for 5500 crowns

On all platforms other than Xbox one ppl can buy subs in bulk.
    Technically they are NOT making more money.

Let me further explain.

-ppl tend to wait and buy crowns on sale
    -a lot of ppl more than who do, flat out don't sub at all for longer than 3 months

If you release an expansion everyone has to buy for a new class, ppl will tend to buy that

Lastly
    The crown crates really are seen negatively by many so if you unlink dlc or expansions from crowns, you tend to be better off especially in the console market where players are use to buying dlc with real money OR sale physical copies with goodies.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 31, 2017 11:50PM
  • jimshrum3b14_ESO

I still can't find anything from ZOS or ESO that says anything about Expansions and how we will pay for them in the past. All can find is "all downloadable content".

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I' pre-ordered and have subbed since it was released for the PS4. I have so many crowns in the store, the only thing I ever do is buy the expansions.

Maybe I should spend some of that pile on bag and bank upgrades. I'm just not a collector on any of my characters and don't really chase after armors, weapons and stuff.

I guess I'm just weird.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadhorse.gif
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfydog wrote: »
    ESO is already pretty generous with their sub. The fact they give 1500 crowns with your sub on top of all the other perks is great. I think most games would just give you access to the content and you still gotta buy crowns separately if you want cash shop stuff. The crowns themselves have gone on sale multiple times already so you could even stock up if you wanted or just buy all the current dlc cheaply.

And you have 5 months to save up money if its an issue.

Craft bags and crowns are secondary. I've bought maybe two things in the Crown store.

I pay for access to the DLCs. I was promised they would be quarterly. Resources were obviously diverted away from creating the content I pay for for several quarters, and I was fine with that, because I was fairly certain that investment of several quarters without new DLC would pay off.

Instead, they've taken those diverted resources for which I have been paying to create something for which they're going to charge me. My sub payed for the development of Morrowind. This is content I've paid for.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 1, 2017 12:25AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently this Morrowind expansion is literally the size of the entire old game. Weee bit bigger than Gold Coast, eh?