Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Morrowind without Jeremy Soule's music? :-/

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm afraid we won't have his trademark ES music, I might be mistaken though. But I follow him on FB & Twitter and he said he hasn't been working on any new ES title.

Music in ESO is great, no doubt, but Jeremy Soule is the father of ES music. You can hear his work in ESO theme though, that piece really shines, but that's all he did for ESO.
I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that he was involved in ESO Morrowind.

Update: Nope, he's not involved in ESO Morrowind, sigh.
Edited by maboleth on January 31, 2017 9:48PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brad Derrik was the music creator for all of TES Onlines original music I believe.

Although I'm sure ZOS could license the Morrowind theme seeing as they're a Zenimax company.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • DarGomi
    DarGomi
    ✭✭✭
    They had the Morrowind theme at the end of the trailer, that is encouraging.
    Options
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, what's Elder Scrolls without Jeremy Soule? Not like much can be done now, but they should seriously put him in the composer seat again. This music is nice, but nothing matches that heart-wrenching Morrowind Theme; same goes for all of the other Elder Scroll games. Real shame and a huge misstep.

I really hope they keep the ELDER SCROLLS in mind - that includes Jeremy Soule : /

[EDIT] Cut out off-topic rant
    Edited by The_Undefined on January 31, 2017 9:11PM
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Brad Derrik was the music creator for all of TES Onlines original music I believe.

Although I'm sure ZOS could license the Morrowind theme seeing as they're a Zenimax company.

Yeah, Brad has done everything except the main ESO theme we hear when we start the game. That was done by Jeremy Soule.
    Seriously, what's Elder Scrolls without Jeremy Soule? Not like much can be done now, but they should seriously put him in the composer seat again. This music is nice, but nothing matches that heart-wrenching Morrowind Theme; same goes for all of the other Elder Scroll games. Real shame and a huge misstep.

I really hope they keep the ELDER SCROLLS in mind - that includes Jeremy Soule : /

[EDIT] Cut out off-topic rant

I totally agree, but alas, Jeremy has said he hasn't done anything new for ES. He didn't mention ESO though... maybe because of the contract.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed by Jeremy himself: he's not involved. :(
    Options
  • Mordack
    Mordack
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, what's Elder Scrolls without Jeremy Soule?

Any game in the series made prior to Morrowind? :wink:
    What do you call a Wood Elf who doesn't lie or cheat or steal?
    A dead Wood Elf.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »

Meh, that's when ES barely knew it was ES.
    Seriously, all ES fans know who Jeremy Soule is and how his music contributed to the whole series.
    Options
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    They may just use the existing Morrowind theme instead of making a new reprise of it, although the version at the end of the trailer certainly sounded sped up/new. Wonder if @SoundMaster would be able to shed any insight onto this?
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few Pandora video game channels that regularly play Morrowind and Skyrim tracks in their rotations.

I gave up on ESO's music a while back. I think I was in the middle of a dolmen and said to myself, you know, this game sounds a lot like slightly jazzed up elevator music. Or what you'd hear behind a medium-budget fantasy *** spoof.
    signing off
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I tend to disagree with you Acrolas. ESO music is fine, there are some very interesting and atmospheric pieces. It's also not too obtrusive, quite the contrary. But I do agree, you can hear the difference. JS added his trademark signature to all pieces he has worked on and made them timeless and iconic.
    Options
  • Mordack
    Mordack
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Mordack wrote: »

Meh, that's when ES barely knew it was ES.
    Seriously, all ES fans know who Jeremy Soule is and how his music contributed to the whole series.

"That's when ES barely knew it was ES?" I don't get that statement.
    What do you call a Wood Elf who doesn't lie or cheat or steal?
    A dead Wood Elf.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The ESO main theme and the Morrowind main theme (and the Oblivion main theme and the Skyrim main theme) are all variations on one basic theme (written by Jeremy Soule). It's not hard to hear; just compare this moment in the ESO theme to the opening of the Morrowind theme. Sure, the environmental music is different, but I for one think it's outstanding, especially in the context of the overall great sound design in the game.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options