Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Announcement and Details"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind – Announcement and Details. This June, the next Chapter in The Elder Scrolls Online will begin. Return to the iconic island of Vvardenfell for over 30 hours of adventure in a brand new location, with a new class, a new PvP mode, a new Trial, and so much more!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gina! Thanks for the thread. Any chance we are getting a class change token and/or more purchasable character slots with the addition of the Warden?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Hey Gina! Thanks for the thread. Any chance we are getting a class change token and/or more purchasable character slots with the addition of the Warden?

I need to know this too... please ZOS, don't make me kill off a character :(
    PC-EU
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Existing players can choose to carry their characters over to Morrowind, or start fresh on a new adventure with a new face."

I really need to know how this is going to work.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    "Existing players can choose to carry their characters over to Morrowind, or start fresh on a new adventure with a new face."

That part likely means you can play it with your current character or create a new one.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if "30 hours" is based on the average time it takes to listen to the quest dialog, or based on the average MMO player facerolling content? :)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

That part likely means you can play it with your current character or create a new one.

I would have thought that already. Why are they telling me this? It sounds like a port situation.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does subscription cover after purchasing the new game ? Will there be Marrowind DLC's or are DLC's gone from the game now ? If there are future Marrowind DLC's will subscription cover those ?
  • nighbreezb14_ESO
    nighbreezb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

I'd like to play with my current character's level and achievements, but as the Warden class. I wish they had released such a class back when the game came out.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to play with my current character's level and achievements, but as the Warden class. I wish they had released such a class back when the game came out.

This, I think, is happening. You can change classes already with a crown purchase.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am trying to think of an MMO that has let you just respec to a new class on release and I cannot think of one. Particularly an MMO that does not have class respecs already.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

You're correct. That was just a fancy way of saying it. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one cringing by the fact they named it Morrowind? They should have called it Vvardenfell to distinguish it from the single-player game, which would have been more accurate anyway.
    stam scrub
  • XRavishX
    XRavishX
    ✭✭

I would have thought that already. Why are they telling me this? It sounds like a port situation.

I think it has more to do with how they're advertising it. It almost looks like a new game when it's actually a really big expansion. I'm pretty sure it has to do with clarity.
    "Loot boxes aren't the problem, RNG is." -Me
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

If someone choose not to buy the expansion... but they do subscribe....

will they still get access to future DLC's?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're correct. That was just a fancy way of saying it. ;)

Gina! You guys are freaking me out! I'm very fragile.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Question:

Yes.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 31, 2017 9:31PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Gina!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the Warden switched from a 2h sword to a 1 hand sword with a spell in hand? Is there going to be some type of spell blade skill line or was that purely just artsy fluff from the trailer?
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Yes.

But what if those DLC's are in Marrowind ?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of questions copied over from another thread.

Do you know who the Physical Collectors Edition retailers are for the UK yet?

If we're buying a physical addition will we have access to the new content on launch via pre-order codes and a grace period to activate full game codes (like original launch) should our suppliers mess up with delivery times?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Does the collectors edition come with the other DLC's?
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so I'm at work now but want to make sure I am understanding clearly. Will we be able to freely take our current characters to"morrowind" and back? Or is it a once there you're always there kind of thing?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Yes.

@Rohamad_Ali I imagine it's like current DLC's. Just another border on the map that you may or may not be allowed to walk past.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Warden class sounds very interesting, including the dedicated healing and tanking tree. My only concern is that EVERYBODY will be playing a Warden unless the developers add something new to the old classes.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    schip wrote: »
    Am I the only one cringing by the fact they named it Morrowind? They should have called it Vvardenfell to distinguish it from the single-player game, which would have been more accurate anyway.

I wondered about that too. My conclusion was that they probably did it on purpose to capitalize on the Morrowind anniversary this year and the general fan nostalgia for the original game.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Yes.

@Rohamad_Ali I imagine it's like current DLC's. Just another border on the map that you may or may not be allowed to walk past.

I'm just really confused as to what Subscriptions do now for content unlock . I'll try to rephrase . If I keep ESO plus , that's suppose to give access to all DLC content , but don't buy Marrowind and a DLC comes out inside Marrowind area , do I get to go to that area still and do content ? Or do I have to buy Marrowind no matter what ?
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will Warden be op and everyone and their mom will play with him
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so I'm at work now but want to make sure I am understanding clearly. Will we be able to freely take our current characters to"morrowind" and back? Or is it a once there you're always there kind of thing?

You can go to Morrowind with your current character whenever you'd like (starting June 6, that is) and you can leave and go to other zones freely as well, just like any other zone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can go to Morrowind with your current character whenever you'd like (starting June 6, that is) and you can leave and go to other zones freely as well, just like any other zone.

They not dumb like Bioware. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question:

Yes.

Oh, man, I feel so stupid. Of course new DLC will be new spots on the silly old map, won't they? By Breda's dazzling pin, I need to put a cool rag on my head.