The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quests to Capture Resources & Keeps

Victoria_Marquis
Victoria_Marquis
✭✭✭
My husband and I have been trying to capture resources and keeps.
Problem some times even though we fought our way in and help secure the Keeps we do not get the reward of the mission.
Same thing in capturing resources quest, if we do not get there in time before the banner is full it will not register that we completed the quest.
Idea; if your faction is in control of a Keep or resources and you have the quest for it you should get the achievements to register that you completed the quest by going to the object and stand there a few minutes.

It is frustrating to complete the quest when you go to your objective only to miss out due being late and someone captures it just as you arrive.

We tend to make sure we support our faction and contribute by first completely securing an area , I.E. fix doors, walls, make sure no enemy is hidden, by this time and we miss out on completing our quest due to not standing in the right spot or close enough to the banners to get the objectives.

Developers please make it where even if you're faction capture a Keep or resources if you are on a quest you can still get the objectives by standing next to banner for a few minutes and complete the quests.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    Another thought here, since Cyrodiil is a lot of risk, there should be better rewards, with all the gank squads running around, unstoppable Templars with those damn sun shield spells, and suicide mage bombers, it's very rough doing side quests, the Fishing Achievement, and delves when you can be jumped by a very of opposite factions at anytime.

How about giving AP for fishing, and killing NPC. Even if it's just a few. We do a lot of wall repairs and always seem to be out of AP since we spend it all on repair kits.

Sure we know you can get more AP by being in a good Zergs either attacking or defending keeps and killing players and such, but some days it feels like the only one on and outnumbered... On times like these we go do side quests, fish, and explore.... So maybe give AP for doing quests like this, killing NPC in delves, and anywhere in Cyrodiil.... Hell it would be nice to even get just one AP for each fish you get, can't tell you how many times we got *** by a fishing hole,.... And you so not want to know what a gank squads did with our fish and poles to us :'(

Doing anything in Cyrodiil is dangerous, let's get more AP for the risks you take just exploring it....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    9/10
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought here, since Cyrodiil is a lot of risk, there should be better rewards, with all the gank squads running around, unstoppable Templars with those damn sun shield spells, and suicide mage bombers, it's very rough doing side quests, the Fishing Achievement, and delves when you can be jumped by a very of opposite factions at anytime.

How about giving AP for fishing, and killing NPC. Even if it's just a few. We do a lot of wall repairs and always seem to be out of AP since we spend it all on repair kits.

Sure we know you can get more AP by being in a good Zergs either attacking or defending keeps and killing players and such, but some days it feels like the only one on and outnumbered... On times like these we go do side quests, fish, and explore.... So maybe give AP for doing quests like this, killing NPC in delves, and anywhere in Cyrodiil.... Hell it would be nice to even get just one AP for each fish you get, can't tell you how many times we got *** by a fishing hole,.... And you so not want to know what a gank squads did with our fish and poles to us :'(

Doing anything in Cyrodiil is dangerous, let's get more AP for the risks you take just exploring it....

:( not sure if this helps. But I like new upcoming changes to towns. In upcoming update 13

"Quest Rewards from Towns in Cyrodiil
    The five towns of Cyrodiil - Bruma, Cheydinhal, Chorrol, Cropsford, and Vlastrus - now offer better compensation for completing their citizen’s quests!
    The quests will now reward AP for completion and a Reward Container that represents the town's wares when captured.
    These containers have a single item from one of the town's item sets.
    The item inside may be Green, Blue, or rarely Purple-quality.
    As Cheydinhal and Chorrol cannot be captured, Cheydinhal sources "Attacker" sets and Chorrol gives "Defensive" sets from the other three towns.
    This means that every item set from the towns in Cyrodiil is available from the quest rewards of two different towns."

Link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead

I also agree that we should get ap by fishing. In Cyrodiil. I had this OP Mag Sorc Killed me in area by slaughter fish. I only took half of Sorc health. Finally after I died. So did that OP Mag Sorc. Was standing in slaughter fish. Health wasn't fully went up.

Mag Sorc was attacking Mud crab. Didn't pay attention to health. Then that Mag Sorc got killed. Think was an accident to be honest. Or was it my revenge? :neutral: I saved the video to. Stayed and watched whole thing. To this day I am little confused on what happened. What was Mag Sorc thinking?
    Edited by Serjustin19 on January 31, 2017 4:26PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Victoria_Marquis
    Victoria_Marquis
    ✭✭✭
    @Serjustin19 these would be welcome changes, they should give better rewards for the risks you take.
    Sounds like mother nature gave you sweet revenge on the mage,... Those damn slaughter fish alone can kill me if they catch me in the middle of a rive trying to spy on other factions quests.
    Still wish ZOS would give AP for everything you do, even one or two points...