The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ideas for Cyrodiil Delves

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There are quite a lot of caves and dungeons in Cyrodiil. Imagine what it would look like if these were integrated into the Alliance War system with objectives or faction-wide buffs, etc...

How would you do it? Capturable flags, respawn points, quests involving Imperial necromancers, daedric invasion, etc? What sort of buffs would you like to see?

• concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see a dungeon system which connects all delves across the map... allow scrolls to be run through them.
  • stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    No. I came in Cyrodiil to PvP. The core fundaments Cyrodiil and class balance needs to be addressed before implementing anything else.
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. I came in Cyrodiil to PvP. The core fundaments Cyrodiil and class balance needs to be addressed before implementing anything else.

Don't know about you, but I've been fighting people over and over in the same spots by Alessia bridge and Chalman mile gate for three years. Class balance is never going to be perfect, but it has already improved tremendously since launch.

You can finally make a quite viable character for PVP or PVE with any of the four classes and your choice of stamina or magicka, medium, heavy or light armor. This is phenomenal - certainly wasn't the case during the first year or two.

Also around launch there were lots of fun, small battles in the towns like Cheydinhal, but these died down once the town quests were changed to dailies.

The new flags in Bruma, Vlastarus and Cropsford have led to some more interesting small battles again, and with special gear vendors and AP quests added to Cheydinhal and Chorrol next patch, hopefully we will see a lot more going on in the towns. There are still so many delves and caves in Cyrodiil that currently serve no purpose, however. They are sort of just taking up space on the map and hardly anyone goes inside.

Integrating these delves into the alliance war by adding objectives or respawn points, etc, would not only add a new layer to the alliance war system, but improve server performance by incentivizing players to spread out.

If you take some time traveling around the map - Cyrodiil feels quite massive. This 3-way open world sandbox siege warfare system is cleverly designed and in my case I've never encountered any other game remotely like this.

I still enjoy open world PVP even after all this time, but fighting in the same spots over and over gets boring. At this point it would be nice to see some new aspect of the Alliance War, maybe involving these delves, new craftable siege devices or barricades, guild traders in Cyrodiil towns, who knows - maybe some mechanic to disguise yourself as an enemy player for assassination mission etc.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on January 31, 2017 10:29AM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    concegual wrote: »
    I would like to see a dungeon system which connects all delves across the map... allow scrolls to be run through them.

Take Scourge PS4 EU for example. My Campaign. At times. Scrolls do go instrange places. To reset the Scroll.

1. That Skyshard Mountain. That 1 with Giant on top with skyshard and a door underneath. The Scroll at times go there. Which place is fully protected by enemy alliance. Enemy alliance purposely drop Scroll. Scroll reset later on.

2. Someone in enemy alliance purposely swims in slaughter fish waters. With scroll. The enemy purposely gets killed. Eventhough we tried stopping enemy. Scroll then resets.

Please do not do this. Because it did happen in my campaign. I don't want it happening in yours. This was only a example. I do not endorse nor do I support. Actually I do support the cave. I do not support the slaughter fish incident.

Thank you.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on January 31, 2017 4:43PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    snip

If you take some time traveling around the map - Cyrodiil feels quite massive. This 3-way open world sandbox siege warfare system is cleverly designed and in my case I've never encountered any other game remotely like this. Snip .

Dragon raja. Lots of hackers though. Still AvAvA was nice
    Edited by iseko on January 31, 2017 5:12PM
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if... the cyrodill caves levelled undaunted.

Quest.
    Go to lipsand tarn to recover [or prevent] covernant plan from being sold by [insert cave boss]
    Get ap and possibly encounter other pvpers doing the quest so maybe more ap. (why there is prevent and recover all quests need to be open to all factions for pvp chance element)
    Rewards undaunted skill XP as well for getting boss in cyrodil caves
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP