The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag Switching in Cyrodiil ?

xirub17_ESO
xirub17_ESO
✭✭
I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them lately. Your on the verge of killing an enemy, and you suddenly lag, and they either go invisible, or teleport kill you, not really even knowing what killed you, short if the death feed. PS4.

I already know lag Switching is a thing on games like destiny or CoD...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive never seen that on Ps before . Logged in yesterday for a bit and besides normal lag , nothing was weird . What is a lag switch ?
  • xirub17_ESO
    xirub17_ESO
    ✭✭
    Lag Switching is a MOD that binds a program, such as on your laptop, with your controller -- in this case, it purposefully causes your connection LAG in order to gain an advantage in game.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag Switching is a MOD that binds a program, such as on your laptop, with your controller -- in this case, it purposefully causes your connection LAG in order to gain an advantage in game.

No kidding ? I wonder how they focus lag at one player without disconnecting themselves .
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2575655/#Comment_2575655

That's a good read. Point is, on some games a player's console becomes the "host" but ESO's architecture isn't like that.
    PS4NA
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the lag is just actually that bad at times. No lag switching required; it's a free feature.

I suspect the entire servers would melt into a steaming pile of goo if someone managed to get it to work anyway. =P