Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Player Help

Wonkier
Wonkier
✭✭
I am new to the game and plan on playing a dps stamina build for PVE solo but I'm not sure what race and class to pick and could use some help.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play whatever race or class interests you, especially if you're just doing solo PVE content. Redguard, Imperial, Orc, Khajiit, and Bosmer are some of the more stamina oriented races available, but you'd be fine if you didn't choose one of those. Class definitely doesn't matter if you aren't planning on doing endgame dungeons/trials/PVP, just choose what sounds fun.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon knight is good
    Pc na
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night blades are fab for solo stalking and ganking if you like the sneaky sort. Kahajiit are excellent for surprise critical damage.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on January 22, 2017 12:21PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think stam sorc is probably the ez mode choice for solo Stam pve. I pretty much hate my Stam dk so not sure there. Nightblade is a great choice if you want to sneak.

The more I think about it, personally if I wanted a solo dk or Templar they'd be magic not stam.
    Edited by Sigtric on January 22, 2017 12:27PM

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class can be played as a stamina dps build since all classes has stamina abilities so I really can't recommend much. However, I have to say I have the easiest time levelling as a Stam Templar and also a Stam sorcerer.

A dk starts off hard to play but will pick up the pace at later stages. Really good with stamina weapons.

A Templar has really good sustain with self heals but lack certain aoe skills.

Night blade is my personal favourite but honestly requires to play differently in different stages of levelling due to certain abilities being available.

A stamina sorcerer has good skills but only picking up the pace at mid stages.

I like to play as a Dummer since it has both stamina and magicka racial passives but an argonian has good passives as well. A pure stamina race like nord, orc, red guard, bosmer and to a certain extend Imperial, are all good choices for stamina builds.

Hope this helps!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonkier wrote: »
    I am new to the game and plan on playing a dps stamina build for PVE solo but I'm not sure what race and class to pick and could use some help.

Take the time and check out the numerous how-to and guide clips on youtube. Has everything to get you smarter on builds and to play better. Especially, there are those walkthrough on dungeons and trials clips and what mechanics to expect and how to mitigate/work around those.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Basically do whatever you want for your first character, stick to some sort of theme or feel for a character.

Deal with min maxing later, it isn't even that expensive to redo a character.

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night blades are fab for solo stalking and ganking if you like the sneaky sort. Kahajiit are excellent for surprise critical damage.

I agree, and my main is a stamina Nightblade. But, I wouldn't recommend them as a class for a newbie. It's going to be easier to start out with any of the other three, and then come back to the NB.

But, for @Wonkier, Stamina Templars generally have a pretty solid framework, with a lot of access to healing, so if you miscalculate in a situation you should be able to deal with it and move on. The same is somewhat true of Dragon Knights, though their options are more limited.

Stamina Sorcs and Nightblades can be incredibly powerful, but the latter has a very high skill floor, and the former will take some time to get up to speed.

That said, all of the classes can be fun to play, and I would seriously encourage you to take each of them out for a spin, and look at their skill trees to see what appeals to you.
  • Aliasukjern
    HI Wonkier, and welcome to the game! I cant offer much of help ( i am a new player myself) so i will just say that i'm glad to have you with us and i hope you like it here.
    ~Do onto others more than you do for yourself~
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonkier wrote: »

stamina nb - ganker, high crit dps
    stamina sorc - high self healing solid crit
    stamina dk - heavy warrior, tanky
    stamina templar - *** if i know dont play one ask someone else on that one.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We've closed this thread as it's been submitted multiple times. Please go to the thread here to continue the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.