The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wondering whether to stick with Black Rose

Aztlan
Aztlan
✭✭✭✭
As a stamina DK, I have been wearing Black Rose for PvP since Imperial City was released. At first it was a little underwhelming, but then ZOS buffed heavy armor and suddenly everybody was wearing it. I've been pretty happy with it, and I usually combine it with Ravager or Fasalla's Guile and a monster set. However, now that ZOS is switching one of the stamina bonuses to magicka and reducing the 5-piece buff to the Constitution passive, I'm thinking about switching to another set. But which one? I'm considering Reactive Armor (to use in a support role with Fasalla's Guile) or perhaps Armor of Truth (to use with Ravager for a great Werewolf). The only thing is, I want to make a good decision, especially considering the cost of Tempering Alloys these days. Any thoughts?
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5% nerf on BR is irrelevant tbh, it won't change anything. The change of the 4pieces bonus from stam to magika will affect people using the set on high dps builds, but for a tank/sustain builds it won't make any diference.
    Edited by ManDraKE on January 23, 2017 2:13PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    The 5% nerf on BR is irrelevant tbh, it won't change anything. The change of the 4pieces bonus from stam to magika will affect people using the set on high dps builds, but for a tank/sustain builds it won't make any diference.

^

The magic buff to the 4th piece will give you some more mana to play with if you run magic utility for your guy. But yea basically what ManDrake said.
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I think I will like it since by wings on my dk are expensive as are my other buffs. The constitution passive won't matter to me much because I used it ever since imperial city came out too before it was buffed and did fine with it.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valwe wrote: »
    As a stamina DK, I have been wearing Black Rose for PvP since Imperial City was released. At first it was a little underwhelming, but then ZOS buffed heavy armor and suddenly everybody was wearing it. I've been pretty happy with it, and I usually combine it with Ravager or Fasalla's Guile and a monster set. However, now that ZOS is switching one of the stamina bonuses to magicka and reducing the 5-piece buff to the Constitution passive, I'm thinking about switching to another set. But which one? I'm considering Reactive Armor (to use in a support role with Fasalla's Guile) or perhaps Armor of Truth (to use with Ravager for a great Werewolf). The only thing is, I want to make a good decision, especially considering the cost of Tempering Alloys these days. Any thoughts?

I was wearing ... I switch off of it ... I think it's a little over rated...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run tri stat food swap over to blue stam/health food. You will have a little less magika but still nice to have the extra from base to use armor or wings. Or a good replacement is fury, procs quick and hits hard, but if i had a gold black rose set id use that.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your thoughts. I do have a gold set, and I'm sure I will continue to use it (on my Stamplar if not on my DK), but I'm thinking of trying out Reactive. You know the CCs are out of control in Cyrodiil, and it's only going to get worse if a lot of DKs switch over to Magicka. You're going to have Talons everywhere. Reactive seems like a strong counterplay to a CC and Destro Ulti meta.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a ton of magicka DKS in PVP next update... I already see more Magicka DKs then Stam... I do believe in the future you will see a Reactive nerf so becareful golding that up...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Reactive proc on immobilisation? I thought it was just CCs
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stun, immobilization, fear, knockdown, disoriented. It works great. You can easily survive any opposing group's first wave of CCs and AoEs (especially combined with Deadly Cloak).
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.. but with the heavy attack nerf reactive heavy will be tough to maintain stam ... will be good to go with magicka builds...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Yep.. but with the heavy attack nerf reactive heavy will be tough to maintain stam ... will be good to go with magicka builds...

5 reactive 5 of X damage set(depending on preferences), 2 bloodspawn should be enough stam sustain