Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Healer build

watts320
watts320
✭✭✭
Im lookin for a good healer build thats up to date. Ones ive seen are either out of date or dont work as healers. I watched an upto date one for update 13 on pts and all he had for a heal was breath of life.

Cheers
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. Are you looking for a PVE or PVP build?
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if you searched for a healer build or a Templar build, because the latter could get you something for any role in any content of the game.

The actual healing part is quite easy, you might have 2-3 heals on one bar and maybe 1 or 2 on the other. The rest can be filled in with buffs, shields, other utility, even dps spells. I could certainly give you a specific loadout recommendation if you give us your class.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Jdevil_1018
    Jdevil_1018
    ✭✭✭
    For trials I run spell power cure and the healer set. They give the DPS A boost. I was running the sanctuary set with the troll king 2 piece and the warlock. All really good easy to farm. You can either do monster healing or you can mix it with some versatility to give yor DPS more tools.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, healer builds depend a lot on the content you do and your group mates. Just as a quick example, the following 3 setups are all reasonable as healer in pve. But they are for different content, so they look completely differernt. If you look at pvp or other group compositions you'll find even more setups that are strong for whatever content they are designed for:

4 player content with 2 stam sorc dds who know how to avoid damage

vMoL HM

Daily PUG
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear, Spell Power Cure (WGT) is a main stay for every trial healer and of course beneficial for dungeons. Finishing that out is several sets trial healers should have which include Mending (AA), Worm (VoM), Infalable Aether (and craglorn trial). 5 PC each set, of course one can only wear two 5 PC at a time and what is worn depends on the raid leader and what each healer has. Divines for small pieces is best. Large pieces can be infused but I see little extra benefit of infused over divines. The extra magika is small.

That leaves one slot left. Some healers use Master resto which has some benefit of stam to the group. Others use one piece of Kena in heavy for more spell damage and extra health via the undaunted passives and Juggernaut passive from heavy armor.

In craglorn trials having spell damage enchants on jewelry, vMoL, especially HM having some regen on jewery.

Mundus is Atro for more magika regen.

My main bar is rStaff with BoL, Shards, Healing Springs, Combat Prayer, Rapid Regen or Mutagen, Ult Aggressive WH.

Back Bar dStaff with BoL, Channeled Focus, Ritual of Retribution, Ele Drain, Healing Orbs, Ult Nova

Edit: For trial healers Templar is the way to go. It does not mean other classes cannot be the second healer, but most groups want Templars and that will be double downed on iwth U13 changes. I doubt any group has cleared vMoL without a Templar healer and expect few have had anything else but Templar healers.

For 4 man dungeons it really does not matter much though some random groups may kick a non templar because the tank cannot manage their resources well enough.
    Edited by idk on January 29, 2017 11:33PM
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcerer healer here, using Matriarch as the "oh shizz" button, combat prayer, empowered ward, siphon spirit, mystic orbs. second bar has harness magicka, springs, mutagenic ( for giggles ), healing ward. I use Lich set ( still working on SPC but this set is currently my favourite since I will never ever be out of magicka.) with Rkugamz sentinel set. thinking of using troll King but really it's overkill right now. probably have Sanctuary for the second set during trial runs.

then I take a placard that's says "Will work for magicka tanks / dps"

Had a sorcerer magicka tank with dark deal and basically just tanked without stopping for stamina breaks or magicka breaks.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a Templar for sure. Try out all abilities and see what you like. Do whatever you can to keep your group alive, then use that ability.

Then add buffs like having spell power cure 5 pieces, worm set 5 pieces, magicka regen monster helm and mundus stone.
    Pc na
  • Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    Note this is for PVE as that's all I do:
    I have two healers that I play almost exclusively. They both wear the same sets and have the same mundus and cp so i'll put that here for the sake of keeping things easy. Mundus should always be ritual as you won't have issues with resources if you know what you're doing. CP is 100 in blessed, rest in Elfborn, 100 in Magician, rest in Arcanist, and warrior constellations depend on your current situation. Reason why I put reduce cost before regen is it actually is better for resources than regen is, at least for a healer (Protip: magicka given back from healing springs doesn't change based on how much it costs to cast. Tested this myself.). Gear is all divines with powered resto staff on front bar and powered destro staff on back bar. I use Spell Power Cure and either Infallible Aether or Worm depending on what's needed of me, and Troll King or Sentinel of Rkugamz depending on which healer I'm using (or you can use one of each for ultimate powah). The monster sets are in heavy so as to get the buff from the Undaunted and Heavy Armor passives. If I am using worm I only have the monster set as a helmet piece as I can't swap between sets like I can when I have IA equipped so it doesn't matter which of the two monster sets I'm using at that moment. If I am using SPC and IA however, I have my front staff as my SPC resto and my back staff as my lightning IA destro. This is so my heals (specifically healing springs which is my main heal on both toons) will apply SPC to my party members and I can swap to my destro to apply IA with just a medium attack thanks to the lightning staff. This frees up an extra slot so I can have both pieces of the monster set active.

Breton Templar
    If you read the above paragraph (sorry btw :# ) you know why I emphasize Breton here. Reduce spell cost on all the things!

Front bar: Siphon Spirit (or flex if in a trial and other healer is using this), Healing springs, Combat Prayer, Ritual of Retribution, and flex (I use either Ward Ally or Mutagen as situation demands) and for ulti I use Light's Champion *insert shocked gasps here* I don't use this much but its good to have in case you have an "oh shi-" moment. It has honestly saved the group I was in many times before.

Back bar: Elemental Drain (or flex if in a trial and other healer is using this), Luminous Shards, Orbs (doesn't matter which one you use, I use the healing ones cause they help me out and I dont have to feel stressed when spamming them but your mag dps will thank you for the other ones so up to you), Breath of Life (in case shiz hits the fan when you're on your off bar and thus is why your destro is powered), Channeled focus (cause extra resistance and mag gain who wouldn't use this?) and ulti is either Solar Prison or Aggressive Warhorn as situation demands.

Argonian Dragonknight
    Literally every elitist has just set fire to their monitor reading that but it actually works amazingly and is my favorite to play. You won't have too much issues with resources even though it might seem like it compared to the breton templar because every time your mag gets low you should have either a potion or ultimate or both ready and as an argonian DK you'll know those will do much more for you than the other races and classes.

Front bar: Siphon Spirit (or flex if in a trial and other healer is using this), Healing Springs, Combat Prayer, Igneous Shield (shields nearby allies and gives you 25% major mending buff while active so just reapply every 5 seconds or so), Cauterize (large heal every 5 seconds so lowest health ally as well as extra crit, just refresh every 20 seconds... I wish it were toggle-able again *cries*) and ulti is Light's Champion for pretty much same reason as for the templar but more so since DK's don't have BoL and this is pretty much a free one.

Back bar: Elemental Drain (or flex if in a trial and other healer is using this), Igneous Weapons (for dem buffs), Orbs (doesn't matter which one you use, I use the healing ones cause they help me out and I dont have to feel stressed when spamming them but your mag dps will thank you for the other ones so up to you), Obsidian Shard (this is essentially the DK's BoL but be careful with this one as the ally you're trying to heal has to be within 10m of the enemy you shot this ability at), Cauterize (so you don't lose the ability between bar swaps) and ulti is Aggressive Warhorn or Magma Shell as the situation demands.
    Tanks:
    Fishando - Dragonknight Tank - Master Crafter
    Healers:
    Rustyfish - Templar Healer
    Rozykinz - Warden Healer - Godslayer
    Bellafish - Dragonknight Healer
    Heals-With-Fish - Nightblade Healer
    Fishromancer - Necromancer Healer
    DPS:
    Rusted Rose - Magicka Sorcerer
    Unifish - Magicka Dragonknight
    Fishy Cakes - Magicka Templar
    Rosy Bell - Magicka Nightblade
    Rosyfish - Stamina Templar
    Rosy Fish - Stamina Warden
    Llamafish - Stamina Nightblade

PC/NA
    Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!