Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there anybody left?

GrimmWeedThief
It seems like this game would be great for roleplaying, despite the fact that I have never RP over a game before. If anything I would have just taken my character description and what not, and used it on a roleplaying website (which I may have to do anyways)

How exactly does roleplaying work in ESO?
Are you in character over mic, over text chat?

Or is it based more over messaging?
That could be interesting ...

I've heard rumours about roleplayers meeting up in local pubs ... or is that more a myth now than a rumour?

I appear to have the writing bug at the moment, looking for something to do more creatively in the ESO world. Just wondering if anyone out the is feeling the same, or if this is just a lost cause haha.

Happy gaming !

Off work for the winter, again ~

PS4 | NA
Ri'bhiesi Khajiit, Dragonknight lvl 4
Sa'Brynth Dunmer, Nightblade lvl 21
The Body Thief Breton, Sorcerer lvl 50
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the best way to do some RP in this game is to join an RP Guild. Look in the Guild Recruitment section for Guilds that focus on this.

And, yes, People RP in this game. I have "overheard" some strange conversations in Chat as I go around.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost always people RPing in Riften. Check there maybe

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are definitely RPers in the game. I come across them, not so much in the heavily trafficked part of the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GrimmWeedThief
    Hey thanks guys :)

Will do.
    Also just found out about ESORP website thing, on Enjin or what not. Going to check out some guilds there too.
    Off work for the winter, again ~

PS4 | NA
    Ri'bhiesi Khajiit, Dragonknight lvl 4
    Sa'Brynth Dunmer, Nightblade lvl 21
    The Body Thief Breton, Sorcerer lvl 50
  • amandahollaender
    amandahollaender
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having trouble finding an rp guild ... Didn't even think about going to Riften. Might consider doing that. We're a couple of eager smeagers who'd love to roleplay, but finding a guild has proven ... Difficult.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are out there, they are hard to find on purpose lol.

Listened to an RPing Argonian, was pretty cool
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed you're on Ps4 NA

Yes, they exist there. Just not in the more populated areas.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the order of vagrant hounds is still active (but since I'm on EU, I can't be certain).

[ulr]https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/246979/disbanded-closed-order-of-vagrant-hounds-rp-guild-recruiting/p2[/ulr]

Check the final entry to see who to contact.
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    We're around. :smile: I haven't had the change to RP yet, but I'm hoping to get into it
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,
    If you are on the PS4 NA server there are several RP guilds of which you can join. In this sub-section of the forums there are currently advertising threads for two distinct guilds: Wayfarers of Tamriel as well as Legio Luporum. Yet, should you like to discover more there is a thread on RPHQ which promotes a few of these guilds: http://rphq.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewforum/id/7616134/m/35146228

Good luck on finding your guild!
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • Leathra
    Leathra
    Soul Shriven
    I keep seeing advertisements for RP guilds (PC/NA), so they're definitely out there.
    Personally, I think it sounds fun, but I'm too chicken to actually try it.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leathra wrote: »
    I keep seeing advertisements for RP guilds (PC/NA), so they're definitely out there.

I started a few months back and found a great guild that's a ingame family. I'm super shy and not that social so it's been a long crawl for me but they have helped and guided me all the way. The guild ( Gawad Du ) is part of the Conclave of Night listed in my last post and is adverted in Esorp as well. I would say look through http://eso-rp.com/home guild adverts, there's all types of guild and some are new Rp player friendly. There's also a ton of threads that help with RP as well.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on January 30, 2017 3:05AM
  • Leathra
    Leathra
    Soul Shriven
    Leathra wrote: »

I started a few months back and found a great guild that's a ingame family. I'm super shy and not that social so it's been a long crawl for me but they have helped and guided me all the way. The guild ( Gawad Du ) is part of the Conclave of Night listed in my last post and is adverted in Esorp as well. I would say look through http://eso-rp.com/home guild adverts, there's all types of guild and some are new Rp player friendly. There's also a ton of threads that help with RP as well.

Thanks. I'll check it out. I used to RP a bit in WoW, ages ago, but I'm still pretty new to ESO. It may take me a while to get over my shyness.