The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I change my race

SparklyRook
Hello All!

My question is simple, Should I change my Healer from Altmer to Argonian?

I am wanting to complete the highest level content, Vet trials etc. Although I can get through some of them, quite often the group fails at the last boss and it feels a struggle getting through, the first person blamed is always the healer lol

I'm a Templar wearing Spell Power Cure and Worm. 651cp, (I know the cap is 561cp) with 100 in blessed and rest in Elfborn. I run all the usual healing skills plus elemental drain, aggressive war-horn, shards etc. I'm working on getting infallible Aether.

Should I be powerful enough of am I missing something? Any advice is welcome.

Best Answers

• elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm the spc/IA healer normally and I've got a Breton ironically I normally heal with a dunmer. he wears worm as I struggle less with giving resourses shards, orbs.
    I've healed with an argonion, and altmer as well as other Bretons. I find that with trials it's a team effort people forget that changing your race won't make a difference if the DPS sucks. If the tank can't tank, If people skip say hardy and elemental defender they may die despite your healing efforts.
    If a Templar does not slot nova as the second ult and mitigation lost that could cause a wipe. If they don't work as a team, from points, to buffs, debuffs, to unpinning to where to stand where not to stand warhorn rotation you will often wipe. We always made sure people had points, armour to suit the group.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

Answer ✓
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A line I love typing in chat at the start of a trial: "Weapon chargez / Repz / CPz / Food / ERP"

CPs make a pretty huge difference. I had a few runs where I didn't respec my CPs, and it goes from "die over and over again" to "die 1-2 times max".

If people die right before you use a heavy attack, pop a Healing Springs right before, and a healing orb if you use the morph. If people still die, it's very likely on them.

Nova should be used specifically if some trash packs are very risky (such as the big pull right before the Warrior, or the two waves for Mage HM). Don't use Barrior, as it only protects up to 6 people.

If people tell you that slotting a shield is a DPS loss, ask them how much of a DPS loss it is to wipe the floor. Deadly cloak on stamina, Annulment morph (or ward for mSorc) and just about any shield available for stam DDs (Bone shield, Igneous shield, Sun shield) make a pretty huge difference.

The situations where it's required that the healers heal non-stop are extremely rare (Mage execute phase for instance).

I guess you already do it, but if not: potionz are love, potionz are life.

(and to answer the question: no, changing race will make 0 difference)
    Edited by Asmael on January 29, 2017 11:33AM
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Answer ✓
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. But you should change to Orc.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should be fine, is it a sustain problem?

if it is there are small things you can do to get your magicka recovery up

I have a breton healer with 2200 magicka recovery and works great :D
  • SparklyRook
    I'm ok with sustain most of the time but I have had people die half way through a heavy attack trying to recoupe magic.

Edited by SparklyRook on January 29, 2017 11:07AM
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of the trial bosses in vet mode requires dps to have harness magicka or deadly cloak on, if they dont its damn hard for a healer to heal them, there are also one shot mechanics in the trials.

plus if they haven't set up their cp right for the trials, like elemental defender, hardy it gets even worse for a healer
  • SparklyRook
    Now you say it, I don't think I've seen anyone using any kind of shield in a trial.

I don't use nova. feeling a bit daft now, I used it as a dps before switching to a healer but use barrier as my second ult.