Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need help on pve build

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
Okay, so I'm trying to help my girlfriend with doing craddle of shadows because she doesn't have velidreth and she really wants it. Currently she's basically running a pvp set up since that's what she does majority, what she runs is viper and hundings rage duel and bow and one one dreugh king peice she has no monster sets which is what I'm trying to do currently, she's kind of broke right now so I'm basically wondering if this can be done using those sets but maybe a change of champion points and skills would help. Edit: forgot to mention she's a stam sorc
Edited by Aideian on January 27, 2017 9:10PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...that setup an probably use some tweaking.

Gear

Hundings is a great cornerstone set for stam builds. If she's invested a lot in in and has gold I'd definitely recommend keeping it. If she's about to run a lot of 4 person content, Night Mother is a second option. She gets less dps, but helps reduce monster resistance for the whole group.

Viper is also a great set. It's a melee proc so she's losing some power using bow, but that's not necessarily a deal killer. If bow is her attack bar, that's probably a problem and maybe 2h would work better.

When dual wield is up she has 12 slots, but she's only using 10 for sets. Here's an area to make some improvements. Two agility (they're way cheaper now) will really amp her power. If she has great vipers jewelry, look for agility weapons...those are usually dirt cheap. If you don't want to do this, go earn some monster shoulders...these have a buff for wearing just one piece. The set doesn't matter, just something in medium, divines or infused, with a One piece buff that is useful...max stam or recovery or something.

CPs

What I've learned is that points piled in something you use all the time beats spreading them around. My stam builds all allocate pretty standard:

Greens: pile into stamina recovery. Once I get 75 here, I consider reduce stam costs. My end goal 561 allocation is 67 cost reduce, 90 stam recovery and 30 split between mag and health recover. On a stam sorc, I do consider a few more into mag recover and some in reduce mag cost.

Reds: I'm all about hardy and elemental defender, split pretty even. That's it. One shields from stam attacks, the other magic. Buffing this up and just shielding everything has worked better for me than allocating anywhere else.

Blue: I start by piling into mighty..amp the damage. Once I get 50-60 points here I might start putting into crit damage. But increasing all damage output is generally better than picking the specialized one. And don't put any into weapons...total waste.

Skills

Hurricane is a stam sorc aoe must. I'm experimenting with stacking blade cloak from dual to destroy mobs. I like shrouded dagger...which isn't always the most popular choice, but I get a ton of dps out of it. It also grants major brutality. For a melee viper stam Sorc bloodcraze and bloodthirst can help with sustain while hurricaning mobs.