The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do these play styles differ? Stam Sorc vs Stam NB

basudz_ESO
basudz_ESO
Soul Shriven
I'm looking to level up one of these classes for solo or small group (1-3 players) roaming PVP in Cyrodiil, and am trying to get a better idea of the play style of these two classes to determine which one is more suitable for me to play.
Hoping to get some feedback on what it's like to PVP with either of these two classes mostly in 1vX situations, and NOT depending on proc sets or poisons. Just purely from a skill point of view. Some of the questions I have are:

1. Which one handles 1vX situations better and why
2. Does one have more burst potential (without procs/poisons)
3. Which one is more forgiving if I screw up my rotation
4. Which one has better escape potential
5. Which one dies easier if (when lol) I make a mistake
6. Is one more difficult to play well than the other
  • basudz_ESO
    basudz_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    7. Is one easier to manage / regain resources
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.) Stam sorc is the best 1vx class in the game. Has the best of damage, healing, and mobility- the three essentials to 1vx.
    2.) NB has more burst potential with surprise attack and incap. Stam sorc has more 'overwhelm' potential, particularly on a dot build.
    3.) Dark Deal is the definition of forgiving, you literally don't have to worry about stamina sustain. Stam sorc also has more sources of healing than any other stamina class.
    4.) Streak+Both Expedition buffs> Cloak
    5.) Stamblade is the least forgiving stamina class.
    6.) Depends
    7.) Stam sorc in heavy armor has the easiest resource management in the game.

So if you don't get the idea by now, stamina sorc is the best class for 1vx and small scale pvp.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam NB = Best for Gank/Cheese. Pretty meh at everything else.

Stam Sorc = Basically the equivalent to going to your game settings and changing PvP difficulty to "easy". Super fast, resources easy to manage, really simple to play but effective.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc hype lol. You ever see what happens when you bash a stamsorc with no sustain? Also using dizzying swing as your main attack doesn't come close to block casting suprise attacks. Anyways.

1. Stamsorc is best 1vPotatoe in the game. Massive healing, easiest to get resources back when you're fighting Potatoes.
    2. NB by a long shot for single target. Stamsorc for 1vX. DBoS diving into groups with forgiving heals.
    3. Stamsorc. You literally get healed while you're CC'd, disabled and near an enemy.
    4. Escape potential. NB if you get a working cloak. Stamsorc if you just want to run.
    5. NB by a long shot.
    6. To make a Stamsorc really really work, you're required to keep 4 buffs up in combat. If you can get past that, it's easy if you can get good at dizzying swing. It really depends on your play style.
    7. Stamsorc if you fight potatoes. Against pro's, probably still stamsorc overall. Siphoning strikes is pretty good IMO, and you can't bash it.

It sounds like you need to make a Stamsorc.
    Potatoes are noobs btw ;]

I've had friends make Stamsorc and hate them. They did way better with NB and other classes. It's a certain play style. A really good NB should always kill a 2h/bow Stamsorc 1v1, but maybe that's just me.
    Edited by Own on January 28, 2017 11:28PM
    Options
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose stamsorc. For all the above mentioned reasons, and if you intend to start with a PVP char now, stamsorc is just ways easier to play.

Plus - if you ever change your mind and want to play in a bigger group, a stamsorc can contribute more to the group than a stamblade.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want a stam sorc.
    Options
  • basudz_ESO
    basudz_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the input!
    What's the deal with the "stam sorc hype" right now? Are they the fotm or something?

Are there other class combos that would work well with all of my questions, as well as the stam sorc does?
    Options
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2h/bow stamsorc is king for 1vXing in Cyrodiil. One thing that hasnt been mentioned is possibility of having third bar via overload where you can slot some tricky spells like maneuvr, trap beast and defensive rune. With all this and streak you can always reset the fight and take enemies one by one.

However you definitely don't want a 2h/bow stamsorc in Battlegrounds (and small scale fights in cyrodiil). For this kind of fights you'll want to have a DW/SnB dot build. The reason for this is the reliance on dizzy swing landing. When you compare it to a stamina Warden, if he doesn'y land dizzy swing because his target blocked it, nothing happens because he will still get the nasty 6k subterranean assault. But on a stamsorc if you don't land dizzy swing you are screwed because that's pretty much everything you can do. You will just hopelesly tryhard landing dizzy swings all over. Dot build is good to keep opponents pressured all thime while constantly keeping your life safe.
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    when did stamsorc become king of 1vsX in cryo??? did i miss something??

in my opinion is that still stamden or a good magnb

stamsorc could be good again after next patch with the interupt changes

and dot builds? when everyone and his mother is a templar or sometimes even stam classes have efficient purge sloted?
    Edited by Trashs1 on February 1, 2018 1:13PM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is a year old.
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    This thread is a year old.

roffl thx for that xDD
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, all the stam sorc hype now that Fengrush is back. Stam sorcs might be the least played class in Cyro right now. Crit surge + hurricane is great, literally no useful class ccs or damage skills.
    Options
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h/bow stamsorc is king for 1vXing in Cyrodiil. One thing that hasnt been mentioned is possibility of having third bar via overload where you can slot some tricky spells like maneuvr, trap beast and defensive rune. With all this and streak you can always reset the fight and take enemies one by one.

However you definitely don't want a 2h/bow stamsorc in Battlegrounds (and small scale fights in cyrodiil). For this kind of fights you'll want to have a DW/SnB dot build. The reason for this is the reliance on dizzy swing landing. When you compare it to a stamina Warden, if he doesn'y land dizzy swing because his target blocked it, nothing happens because he will still get the nasty 6k subterranean assault. But on a stamsorc if you don't land dizzy swing you are screwed because that's pretty much everything you can do. You will just hopelesly tryhard landing dizzy swings all over. Dot build is good to keep opponents pressured all thime while constantly keeping your life safe.

SB is nice if you are solo in BGs, but I'd have to disagree. IN A GROUP in BGs, bow+ 2h stamsorc can be among the most devastating DDs. Even solo, the mobility with Bow makes it more than viable to a skilled kiter.
    PCNA

Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    January 2017....February 2018. Eh, close enough for posting in ESO forums I guess hahahaha!
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamblade is harder to get good at playing. And I don't mean suicide 1 hit wonder ganks
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options