Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant install Eso exe

xKLFx
xKLFx
Soul Shriven
Hello
Bought eso gold edition yesterday but when i tried to install from disk i click install it goes to 100% then just stops. I then decided to downloads the eso exe and install but i again get the same thing happening.
I have tried running as admin,turned firewall and antivirus off,running in compatability mode,clean boot but still nothing is happening. I have searched the forums for the last 24 hours but cant find a soulution. Any help appreciated thanks.
  • noorcoenb16_ESO
    noorcoenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue as me. Did you happen to buy it trough Steam too?
  • xKLFx
    xKLFx
    Soul Shriven
    No i bought the game box
  • Vibro
    Vibro
    Soul Shriven
    C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\I1(random Number here)\InstallerData\Disk1\InstData\Resource1\ extract resource1/ to the same folder and do a search in this file for Bethesda.net_launcher

mine was in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\I1XXXXXXXXX\InstallerData\Disk1\InstData\Resource1\D_\launchers\winlivepub but that's not 100% the same all the time it seems, then move the entire thing out of the temp section and download away
    Edited by Vibro on January 28, 2017 8:36AM
  • xKLFx
    xKLFx
    Soul Shriven
    Vibro wrote: »
    C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\I1(random Number here)\InstallerData\Disk1\InstData\Resource1\ extract resource1/ to the same folder and do a search in this file for Bethesda.net_launcher

mine was in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\I1XXXXXXXXX\InstallerData\Disk1\InstData\Resource1\D_\launchers\winlivepub but that's not 100% the same all the time it seems, then move the entire thing out of the temp section and download away

Cheers Vibro
    Looks like that worked. found it and got it downloading at the moment.
  • xKLFx
    xKLFx
    Soul Shriven
    Vibro wrote: »

Just one other thing. When you say move the entire thing out of the temp section what file and where to put.
    Thanks
  • Schwarzgestalt
    Schwarzgestalt
    Soul Shriven
    I get an error: Host_SingleInstance.
    When I press ok, nothing happens.
  • Kaynos1972
    Kaynos1972
    Soul Shriven
    Try downloading and installing Direct X from Microsoft. For some reason the game won't install it automatically. I had the exact same problems, spent like 2 hours today and it finally worked after i install it.

Just google Direct X download, you'll get a link to microsoft. Think is, i'm finally finished installing the game after like 6 hours, but now i can't login because i'm not receiving the email code.....
  • Schwarzgestalt
    Schwarzgestalt
    Soul Shriven
    Not necessary, Windows 10 installs all c++ redistributables and Direct X automatically.

Zenimax should simply fix the setup, it isn't good when the users have to change manually the paths and data in the broken files of them.
    And the issues aren't restricted to the normal PC installation, Steam users are affected, too!

Edit: Ough, I think I have an idea. While I was writing this comment, I remembered that not everything is downward compatible. I installed the really old 2010 c++ redists (x64 and x86) and now the launcher works. But it tells me, it is outdated. WTF. Why Zenimax puts an outdated Launcher in the setup???
    Edited by Schwarzgestalt on January 29, 2017 11:03AM
  • kdp2000
    kdp2000
    Soul Shriven
    The way I got it to work is to start my computer in safe mode with networking. I installed the installer then restarted into windows normally, then just started the installer and started downloading the game.
  • ChiefRedCloud
    ChiefRedCloud
    Soul Shriven
    I bought the boxed ESO with explorer pack at Walmart. I found myself confused on the install also. Each and every time I ran the ESO Launcher, it went up to 100% and then nothing. No error messages or such.This is what I did. I am running windows 10 and Norton 360 Anti Virus. I downloaded the ESO Launcher, not once but three times (in my confusion). But once is enough. I had to go into the Smart Firewall and create an exception by pointing it to the ESO Launcher. Then it installed correctly.

I hope this works for you.

Chief