Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Homestead Launch Dates

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe we will find out in game when we go to buy a house.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we know yet how much the houses will cost in Crowns, or do we only know Gold prices?

I doubt they will announce crown prices much in advance.

They've never annouced early crown prices so why would they start now.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wiccix wrote: »
    Who even has 4 mil gold??
    How do you even get half a mil?
    What am I missing ?

I am usually around 20K (casual player), but there are millionaires in this game, usually trade guild owners or people who are very good traders
    Edited by altemriel on January 20, 2017 8:49AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fff9da9c0f2c2b0064805abe2f40d3.jpg

Move-in day is coming! We’re excited to announce that Homestead, our next update featuring player housing, will launch on PC/Mac on Monday, February 6, and for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Tuesday, February 21.

This free update introduces 39 uniquely-themed homes you can acquire throughout Tamriel, and includes over 2,000 individual decorative and furniture options plus Furnishing Crafting. In addition, the update also includes Master Crafting Writs, four new Motifs, an update to PvP itemization, and an overall balance pass across all classes and skills.

We look forward to seeing how you decorate your homes next month! Please be sure to post your screenshots and videos with us here on the forums or on Twitter @TESOnline. We’d love to see them once you’re ready to share!

This one khajiit is very excited about the new beautiful homes. Could you please give her at least a bit of info when this one will be able to store her loot in her house too??

This one is thankful in advance
    Yours Furry
    Maoimii

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Edit - just wanted to add that the promotional picture is surreal and awesome.

Yep. Your concept artists are awesome, ZOS. I admire them every time I see an unusual or new loading screen. Just awesome.

• ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    What am I missing ?

I am usually around 20K (casual player), but there are millionaires in this game, usually trade guild owners or people who are very good traders

I play about an hour a day Monday-Friday and about 5 hours Sat and Sunday, just passed 900k gold last night.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What am I missing ?

I play about an hour a day Monday-Friday and about 5 hours Sat and Sunday, just passed 900k gold last night.

well yes, I play maybe a hour or two during (not a day) Mon-Fri and some weekends maybe 5 - 8 hours, some 0 hours :)

lucky you that you have so much free time to play :)
  • Mazoku_
    Mazoku_
    ✭✭
    @Wiccix
    I would assume the manors are reserved for rich guilds or super bosses.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Your concept artists are awesome, ZOS. I admire them every time I see an unusual or new loading screen. Just awesome.

Absolutely. Maybe it's too awesome tho cause it tends to lead to negative feedback once items are seen ingame.

I want them to continue doing the load screens tho
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really have to agree. The artist in ESO are amazing. There are times when I just stop moving in the game and just take a look around at how freaking beautiful the game is... it's breathtaking at times.
  • Mwnci
    Mwnci
    ✭✭✭
    w00t. I go on leave from the 6th! :dizzy:
    Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
    Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
    Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
    Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be able to share housing w/ another person?
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad update, fluff content, more grinds, big whoop.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What am I missing ?

Haha! I had 2 Mil at one point.

- Join a guild trader. Find out what is selling and start selling
    - Farm for material to refine for gold items to sell
    - Use area chat to your advantage in selling items (but don't spam please)
    - Doing daily writs will give you 4K alone
    - Repeatable quests
    - Every time you finish a vet trial, you get 10K (or 12K. I forgot)
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • gurneyhalleck00
      This game is dying on the vine and proof is many of the guilds I'm in are ghost towns. Granted there are probably hardcore PVP'ers and a trickle of new players about but many I hear are getting bored...I don't think homestead is going to attract folks for to long. The way I know a game is at risk is when I venture out and play something else and when done come back and not feel satisfied.....was a good run ESO...still one of my favorites but it's dying
      The future is an illusion
    • bg22
      bg22
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What am I missing ?

Sell stuff?
    • bloodthirstyvampire
      bloodthirstyvampire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This game is dying on the vine and proof is many of the guilds I'm in are ghost towns. Granted there are probably hardcore PVP'ers and a trickle of new players about but many I hear are getting bored...I don't think homestead is going to attract folks for to long. The way I know a game is at risk is when I venture out and play something else and when done come back and not feel satisfied.....was a good run ESO...still one of my favorites but it's dying

Dying lol ps4 NA is always full if anything its growing just you platform and server
      Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Would it be possible for ZOS to track the stats for Homestead and show us them in a blog or on ESO Live?

How much gold was spent on houses during the first month.
      How many houses of each size have been purchased.
      The most houses owned by a single player.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom some really sexy graphs would be fun, pleaseeeeee! :love:
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • LedJack
      LedJack
      ✭✭✭
      Will the houses only be available in the announced locations, or will you eventually be able to get, say, an Altmer small home in Auridon instead of only in Baandari Trading Post?
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Surprise, they announced Crown prices in advance!

(Note that these are for UNFURNISHED houses only. Furnished prices have yet to be decided, apparently.)

1000 for apartment

3100-4000 for small houses

5000-6500 for medium houses

7500-8500 for large houses

10000+ for manors
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works
    • bloodthirstyvampire
      bloodthirstyvampire
      ✭✭✭✭✭

(Note that these are for UNFURNISHED houses only. Furnished prices have yet to be decided, apparently.)

1000 for apartment

10000+ for manors

Still alot but better then expected i want unfurnished anyway ty for sharing
    • Romikov
      Romikov
      ✭✭
      Unfortunately ZOS forgot to deliver the usability of housing, it is well thought out in AION, here, neither the prestige nor the benefits from the possibility of growing herbs or artifacts .. no nothing ... I was disappointed, maybe something ZOS expand and adds in time .. and I really enjoyed. .... sorry for the gogle translation
      ps.. and where is set jewelry crafting??
    • shadoza
      shadoza
      ✭✭✭

1000 for apartment

10000+ for manors

I will never make enough gold in game to purchase anything of a useful size (I want a one-stop place for the crafting) so I will likely use crowns to purchase one and keep playing the game the way I enjoy playing it. (Farming and trading is not for me. I am an adventurer and a mercenary, not a tradesman.) Once I have one good house for the family of characters to share, I can carry on with my business and make further purchases as the money comes available.
    • EmilyEstelle
      EmilyEstelle
      ✭✭✭

1000 for apartment

10000+ for manors

So a house of serviceable size (say med-large) actually costs more than an entire DLC collection such as the Guilds and Glory DLC (which is a 4 DLC bundle for 5,500 crowns) and that's without furnishings? I was looking forward to this release, but if those prices are correct then that is just pure unadulterated greed.

I can see a manor costing the 5,500 if its furnished. Anything more than that is actually nuts.
      Yeah I know, I don't have to buy one, and at those prices I won't be. Still, just because ZoS CAN over-price things does not mean that they should, or that it is right to.
    • SosRuvaak
      SosRuvaak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Romikov wrote: »
      Unfortunately ZOS forgot to deliver the usability of housing, it is well thought out in AION, here, neither the prestige nor the benefits from the possibility of growing herbs or artifacts .. no nothing ... I was disappointed, maybe something ZOS expand and adds in time .. and I really enjoyed. .... sorry for the gogle translation
      ps.. and where is set jewelry crafting??

Zenimax wants us to like this update, this update is going to determine their sales for future crown store homes, and if that picks off a bit they might listen to players ideas on giving the homes a bit of functionality. Id like to see some storage options, a sleep bonus, a place for a garden/farm, stables for my selected mount.... im disappointed that there isn't really any of that, but theres a lot of things they can add later down the line that would give houses more of a purpose, and more of a reason to go for the big houses.
      Edited by SosRuvaak on February 6, 2017 8:38AM
      For the Pact!
      ~Sump Scales~
      Lusty Argonian Nightblade
      ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
      Smokes-His-Greens
      ~Ruvaak~
    • Extremeties
      Extremeties
      ✭✭✭
      What am I missing ?

How the hell? I play a few hours each day and even more on the weekends and I struggle to even pass 100k combined. Of course, I have purchased some gear but still, after purchasing the gear I need, Im struggling to break 100k again :( Granted, Im not doing things that specifically makes money but what are methods to make cash? When I do, I farm areas and straight up sell any and all gear I get from drops with my handy assistant at my side but that takes awhile to even accrue anything.
      Edited by Extremeties on February 6, 2017 2:52PM
    • Extremeties
      Extremeties
      ✭✭✭

Uhh, you delusional dude? If anything, the game has massively increased its population over the past year or so, something I have visibly seen. Tons of people, everywhere and i LOVE it. Nothing like seeing a healthy populated game that makes you excited to play it, because you know there's plenty of people to play with. Dying games however is rather depressing not seeing anyone :( Not the case with ESO!
      Edited by Extremeties on February 6, 2017 2:54PM
    • SosRuvaak
      SosRuvaak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      these crown prices are indeed pretty silly. im normally someone who wouldn't mind paying crowns for something i can obtain in game, but... 12k crowns for an unfurnished house is just dumb. 6k would make more sense.
      something that costs 12k crowns and does pretty much nothing for your character..... zenimax has some work to do.
      Edited by SosRuvaak on February 6, 2017 10:57PM
      For the Pact!
      ~Sump Scales~
      Lusty Argonian Nightblade
      ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
      Smokes-His-Greens
      ~Ruvaak~
    • bloodthirstyvampire
      bloodthirstyvampire
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SosRuvaak wrote: »
      these crown prices are indeed pretty silly. im normally someone who wouldn't mind playing crowns for something i can obtain in game, but... 12k crowns for an unfurnished house is just dumb. 6k would make more sense.
      something that costs 12k crowns and does pretty much nothing for your character..... zenimax has some work to do.

Im buying daggerfall overlook on the 21st immediately