The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Race for Sorc & Templar

mainmanM
mainmanM
Hey, everyone. Brand new here and to the game,

I love Elementalists in GW2, and the pet mechanic of Rangers, but I missed having more dedicated healing roles, too. I hear every class can heal, so it seems Sorc will give me the best of the 3 styles I like, but I've read they're also the worst at it haha. So I reckon I'll make both of the two classes to experience it all, but there are so many races and I hear they matter in this game.. Is Breton for Templar and High Elf for Sorc a safe bet?
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    That's perfect lol, but yes that's a very go choice, their passives fit those roles wonderfully. Don't forget you can be any race and still be apart of any faction of your choice. If you're on PC I might see you in game :smile:

Welcome to Tamriel!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
    Options
  • OurRun_DMC
    You might wanna go high elf for both, because on occasion you're gonna have to put out damage yourself so a high elf gives a combo of both
    Options
  • mainmanM
    mainmanM
    OurRun_DMC wrote: »
    You might wanna go high elf for both, because on occasion you're gonna have to put out damage yourself so a high elf gives a combo of both
    Yea, that's true, but if this game is anything like GW2, I want to try different races to experience different lore, etc.

I see that there have been changes so that Argonians are good Templar healers, or tanks too. They look unique so I'm thinking of trying them, but then I have to decide between High Elf or Breton for Sorcerer!?

Options
  • OurRun_DMC
    Yeah argonian is a great race for a support role with good sustain from its potion passive .

For sorc, you still prob want high elf atleast
    Options
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orcs are master race
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For magicka you can't go wrong with Altmer, or Breton. Other options include Dunmer and even Argonian (cuz yes).

Those all have max magicka boosts and other passives that benefit magicka.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer is better than Breton for damage form a min/max standpoint. Altmer is definitely best for sorcs and dunmer is arguably a bit better for Templar on paper, but most people go Altmer for the resource management. I would only go Breton for a straight healer or if you have an aversion to pointy ears.

You can't go wrong with either Sorc or Templars, but they play very differently. You can heal on any role but Templars are the undisputed best healers by a long shot for serious end game stuff.

For DPS, Sorc is going to play ranged and will likely be ahead of Templars next patch. Templars are going to be melee. They are amazing right now in trials for DPS, but they are getting a decent nerf.

Personally, I prefer a Sorc for PVE DPS and a Templar for PVP and healing.
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer is better than Breton for damage form a min/max standpoint. Altmer is definitely best for sorcs and dunmer is arguably a bit better for Templar on paper, but most people go Altmer for the resource management. I would only go Breton for a straight healer or if you have an aversion to pointy ears.

I mean PVE wise where staffs are for sure used then yeah that 4% is gonna add up. But really in PvP what elemental damage are you using besides Reflective Light and maybe Destro Ult cheese? DW/S&B Templar the Breton wouldnt really be missing out at all.
    Options