The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How is the relationship of Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon?

ldzlcs065
ldzlcs065
✭✭✭
The villain in ESO is Molag Bal, the Daedric Prince of corruption. While in Morrowind and Oblivion, the evil we are faced is Mehrunes Dagon, the Daedric Prince of Destruction. Seems that both Daedric Prince have been plotting the invasion into Nirn ceaselessly, but they've never coordinated an full-scale attack at Tamriel. I'm a bit curious about their relationship. Do they appreciate, or hate each other for they hold similar view towards our world?
  • XrosHeart
    XrosHeart
    In my twisted mind they're roommates in a sitcom but instead of bad actors it's daedric princes.

BY THE HIST WE NEED TO MAKE THIS A THING
    oh hi there im
    still a piece of GARBAGE
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XrosHeart wrote: »
    In my twisted mind they're roommates in a sitcom but instead of bad actors it's daedric princes.

BY THE HIST WE NEED TO MAKE THIS A THING

What if we had Molag Bal and Meridia roommate together as the new Nirn remake of the Odd Couple ?

SG0xtrP.jpg

gbov60x.jpg
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biiiiig alien egos ... yeah, I think it would have to be a really good pitch to get them to work together.

Plus they are not really in a rush.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mehrunes Dagon seeks destruction, Molag Bal wishes enslavement. It is said that Molag Bal is not inherently evil, while Mehrunes Dagon seeks the utter destruction of Nirn. Since one wishes utter destruction while the other wishes submission, I cannot see the two working together to a single goal.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    Mehrunes Dagon seeks destruction, Molag Bal wishes enslavement. It is said that Molag Bal is not inherently evil, while Mehrunes Dagon seeks the utter destruction of Nirn. Since one wishes utter destruction while the other wishes submission, I cannot see the two working together to a single goal.

Very sound reason. Thanks for your reply. And because of this distinction of destruction and enslavement, what do you think the relationship Dagon and Bal is like? Or we just have no knowledge about that?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if one is all about domination and the other destruction they are kinda antithesis. Dagon seems like a type to share no power (same with molag but he uses other's, so giving a being an idea of control is not implausible)

The Daedric Princes are spirits that are personalisations of "forces" inherently they'll represent and strive for different things. Also remember Aedra were selfless and gave mortals a bit of themselves, while the princes were selfish and left with all of their power. This selfishness would imply a lack of cooperation between them "There can only be One!"

I've always wondered what Thelos, Sithis, and Akatosh do with most of their time?

Every once in a while Akatosh sends blessings. Supposedly Sithis communicates with the Night Mother, but when Thelos ascended he changed Cyrodiil, but you never see nor hear from him since.

Maybe they mess with the Aedra and Daedra like they do the mortals?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • The_4O4
    The_4O4
    ✭✭✭
    Supposedly Sithis communicates with the Night Mother, but when Thelos ascended he changed Cyrodiil, but you never see nor hear from him since.

Sithis is merely a nonsentient void, the Night Mother is just a puppet used by Mephala in order to keep control over the Dark Brotherhood, since they broke away from the Morag Tong

• Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    ldzlcs065 wrote: »
    Very sound reason. Thanks for your reply. And because of this distinction of destruction and enslavement, what do you think the relationship Dagon and Bal is like? Or we just have no knowledge about that?

I can't really answer that one. I suppose that would have to come from the minds of the writers. Daedra seem to be arrogant beings, so I do not think they worry much on what the other plans. In my strict opinion, and just opinion with no great knowledge to back it, they each feel they are the more powerful/cunning, and expect themselves to be the most dominate in the end.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To my understanding - none of the Daedric Princes really get a long. Im pretty sure there is an example somewhere of all of them back stabbing each other. [snip] If there was an alliance of sorts, it would be OP!

[Edit for Inappropriate comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 2, 2017 4:42PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons