Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should I do the main story first?

Thrihler
Thrihler
Hey I'm trying to level a character as fast as possible. Im trying to use deltass guide for a stamplar. Currently level 8. Should I focus on doing the main story first?
Edited by Thrihler on January 25, 2017 4:13PM

Best Answers

• Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good xp and some skill points. However if you are planning on using the quest reward at the end you would want to wait finishing that one until you are CP160. Or do it on a later character.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would work zone by zone for you chosen faction clearing them 100%.

It takes a bit of time but you'll come out of it with more gold, levels, dyes (from achievements), skillpoints etc.

Then run the main story quests when you finish the final zone, this way you should easily be max level when you finish the games main story.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    I ran it the first time and got some good xp, but on later toons I waited and got the weapons and armor at cp 160. Especially the Prismatic weapon from the fighters guild. It's really nice having that extra damage on Deadra.
    Answer ✓
  • Niko1987
    Niko1987
    ✭✭
    @Thrihler I find I get more XP and bette gear on par with my level doing the main quests.

But in all honesty, I veer off path so much... @.@ I see a Sky Shard or another quest and then I totally end up forgetting about the main quest... lol
    "It must be nice to fight for something you feel so strongly about. Too often I don't have that luxury."- Ahrilux
    @Niko1987 | PC NA
    Lady Ahrilux | Nord | Dragonknight | STAM Tank in Training
    Answer ✓
  • Ghostextechnica
    The story is often tied in with the zones. If you want to play the game "properly" complete all quests in each zone and the main quest in each zone before moving on. If you throw in the occasional dungeon here and there you should be level 50 and CP 160 (the max level for gear) by the time you get to the last Zone.
    Answer ✓
  • Thrihler
    Thrihler
    Thanks for the answers everyone really helpful.
  • BillK
    BillK
    On this same note - I'm level 16 and have saved the king and mage in Coldharbour. Should I stop for now and go somewhere else until I'm higher level? If so where? I'm a Beton Magicka Templar. Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BillK wrote: »
    On this same note - I'm level 16 and have saved the king and mage in Coldharbour. Should I stop for now and go somewhere else until I'm higher level? If so where? I'm a Beton Magicka Templar. Thanks!

@BillK

There are quite a few people to rescue in Coldharbor, so you might want to do that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"