The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

IC and Campaign Limits

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there anything we can do to stop having IC numbers count toward campaign limits? Last night, hours before TF ended, the queue was massive and I didn't get to join until 20 minutes after the campaign ended. The rumor circulated that people were logging in EP characters and bringing them into IC to hit the population cap. While I have no idea if that's true, EP did own all 6 districts all night, and one of my trade guilds mentioned being in TF's IC with a big group.

Whether this happened or not isn't my point. But it just gives plausible cause to the situation. IC should be it's own zone with separate caps. Removing the gates from Cyrodiil and just have people join IC like they do Cyrodiil in a separate page on the Alliance War tab seems like the best option. Plus, IC and Cyrodiil are just different in terms of gameplay. They shouldn't be meshed into one.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would mean that they would need to add a way to travel directly into IC and find a way to allow AP gains from separate campaigns count towards a single campaign (unless you want IC to not count towards anything in Cyrodiil).

The development time spent doing that would be better spent fixing the issues which cause lag so the campaign caps can be raised again.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This would mean that they would need to add a way to travel directly into IC and find a way to allow AP gains from separate campaigns count towards a single campaign (unless you want IC to not count towards anything in Cyrodiil).

The development time spent doing that would be better spent fixing the issues which cause lag so the campaign caps can be raised again.

Just don't have IC count toward any campaign totals. Or make new campaigns for IC entirely. Duplicate the names if you have to.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »

Just don't have IC count toward any campaign totals. Or make new campaigns for IC entirely. Duplicate the names if you have to.

So. For example. Is it like this? If so I agree with you.

Scourge PS4 EU (IC taken away from Campaign. On that platform and server. Or any)

Scourge PS4 EU IC. (This campaign is mostly the same name as the original campaign without IC. However IC is added)

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I mean, however they want to implement it. It's just... As it stands, some people have no interest to be in both. And we have rumors that people were logging in enemy alliances to keep the pop caps up and artificially control the outcome.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, just make IC it's on campaign you can load directly into like Cyrodiil and have it not count for any rewards from any campaign.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything we can do to stop having IC numbers count toward campaign limits? Last night, hours before TF ended, the queue was massive and I didn't get to join until 20 minutes after the campaign ended. The rumor circulated that people were logging in EP characters and bringing them into IC to hit the population cap. While I have no idea if that's true, EP did own all 6 districts all night, and one of my trade guilds mentioned being in TF's IC with a big group.

Whether this happened or not isn't my point. But it just gives plausible cause to the situation. IC should be it's own zone with separate caps. Removing the gates from Cyrodiil and just have people join IC like they do Cyrodiil in a separate page on the Alliance War tab seems like the best option. Plus, IC and Cyrodiil are just different in terms of gameplay. They shouldn't be meshed into one.

IC pop is usually 24-36 max. When Q is over 280 that isn't going to matter all that much. Sure it sucks that they take away from the amount of people that can attack or defend but every faction has to deal with the exact same thing when a zerg logs in and heads down to the sewers to farm TV without helping the campaign at all. I am pretty in the middle as to what should be done with IC. As someone who heads into IC no more than a few times a month it would suck to end up leaving IC, which is a PVP area, and have to wait in Q. Also, the fact that IC counts towards your campaign AP score is great, especially on the more dead campaigns. Often times when there is only 1 or 2 bars of enemies around the entire campaign it can be tough to even find people to fight in overland Cyrodiil but once you head down into the sewers it will be much easier to find people as the area is much smaller and there are also fewer places that people tend to visit and farm. If they were to make an IC only campaign and remove IC from the rest of the campaigns it would really suck IMO because then it would just be zergs farming stones and would kill the solo/small scale pvp aspect that is so great about the sewers currently.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IC pop is usually 24-36 max. When Q is over 280 that isn't going to matter all that much. Sure it sucks that they take away from the amount of people that can attack or defend but every faction has to deal with the exact same thing when a zerg logs in and heads down to the sewers to farm TV without helping the campaign at all. I am pretty in the middle as to what should be done with IC. As someone who heads into IC no more than a few times a month it would suck to end up leaving IC, which is a PVP area, and have to wait in Q. Also, the fact that IC counts towards your campaign AP score is great, especially on the more dead campaigns. Often times when there is only 1 or 2 bars of enemies around the entire campaign it can be tough to even find people to fight in overland Cyrodiil but once you head down into the sewers it will be much easier to find people as the area is much smaller and there are also fewer places that people tend to visit and farm. If they were to make an IC only campaign and remove IC from the rest of the campaigns it would really suck IMO because then it would just be zergs farming stones and would kill the solo/small scale pvp aspect that is so great about the sewers currently.

Are you sure on those numbers? I was in a full raid over in IC and there were many others around too. And that's not including enemy alliances.